zackthazman

Kid zombies

It does make sense that there were kids inside the school unless its college. So thats where the kid zombies would spawn maybe all they have to be is a smaller model.

Edited by zackthazman
  • Like 2

BanThisSickFilth.png

Average reaction.

• Like 1

A school? There are no schools, they are 'called' schools by some. They're actually offices.

And as above said. It would be very offensive.

Hard to tell. In a more realistic oriented game it could be an option (e.g. in the tv series 'The Walking Dead' are also "child zombies" who get shoot) but from a more ethic point of view it could be different. I would say it's okay but i wouldn't miss it.

This game is meant to be for a mature audience.

No different from an 18 film in my opinion. As such it should be allowed to have "adult/mature" content. It should be a traumatic harrowing experience.

This is a zombie apocalypse, and there WOULD be children left alive. As well as children that weren't so lucky and were zombies.

I'd love to see children and zombie children. It's not as if all the children in the "world" would magically dissappear.

But as mentioned, i'm sure the media would have a field day. And i can just see the headlines now.

"Ban this game. It is corrupting the minds of all that play it"

Yeah...cos we all know GTA and Battlefield turn totally rational people into murdering gun toting psychopaths!

I hope Rocket and Co stick up a middle finger to the media and don't pander to pressure. Bring on the zombie children, if it's too disturbing for you...go and play barbie in adventure land or something.

Edited by GeordieMarv
  • Like 6

Geordie, I agree with you, to a point.

But where do we draw the line? The only problem with doing anything and everything is that once you start adding things like that, mobs of players simply want more and more and more controversial additions.(they want something more bloody or more over the top) Look at the suicide idea with the salute animation,cannabilism, or look at even killing animals as another example.

I am on board for this, but because everyone can agree that it will add an element of realism or immersion in the game, not to glorify killing children.

Either way, I also support doing your own thing and following a vision and not pandering to any sources or buckling under pressure from them.

In summation I support this, but I think collectively it might start bringing this community to a place it never needed to go.

Edited by Faceman Peck

Geordie, I agree with you, to a point.

But where do we draw the line? The only problem with doing anything and everything is that once you start adding things like that, mobs of players simply want more and more and more controversial additions.(they want something more bloody or more over the top) Look at the suicide idea with the salute animation,cannabilism, or look at even killing animals as another example.

I can turn on the six oclock news and see far more REAL disturbing images on the TV. I can also go and watch a film with far more graphic violence (saw or hostel anyone??). And i can also go and buy any book that is also far far more graphic. Yet the over reaction to ban these is not as prolific as it is for computer games.

This is a computer game, and that is all. Having some pixels on a screen is nothing compared to the real images/media/literature that is also so readily available. The people that want to have this in to glorify killing children are a tiny minority. The same tiny minority as mass murderers and psychopaths that the media are convinced we will all turn into by playing these games.

There are far more serious social problems and fucked up things going on in this world, than what computer games people are playing and how graphic they are.

Edited by GeordieMarv

If an individual cannot emotionally or mentally handle such issues, they aren't mature enough to call themselves adults. They are the type of people who want to live in some delusional world where only the things they want to happen, happen, which is fine, for them. The people who would have a problem, wouldn't play the game anyway and it has no actual impact on them, or the game. Ethics, and morals, are not worth discussing. They're an invention of man to feel more stable and such a seemingly chaotic universe, not an actual measurement.

I'm in full support of this, and sound bytes like "Heeelllp meeee...." and "Iii'mm sooooorrrryyyyy".

That, is immersion, makes you think twice before you pull that trigger.

Though I do understand a decent % of people would not play it if they were forced to, so add these features to a hardcore mode. =] Everyone wins.

Edited by Inc0gnit0

The problem is that this sort of stuff sets off the moral guardians and can get games banned outright in certain areas. It's stupid and hypocritical but there you go. Just like it's stupid and hypocritical that you can show sex and violence in a film, or have child zombies being mowed down by the protagonist, but the moment a game thinks of doing that, whoa, someone think of the children.

I think rocket has already gone on record as saying stuff like cannibalism will never be added because it would be banned and mean that certain players would miss out. No different here.

He could easilly get around that by making it a downloadable content for $5 that would only be available in certain areas. Eliminates the problem of people missing out on the entire game, entirely. There is always a solution, if you're willing to look for it. And limiting, is rarely good.

I'd like to see more variation in the zombies. I dunno about kid zombies... I'm not exactly against the idea but I can't see it adding much to the game, but I would like to see some female zombies. It just feels weird that all the zombies and 90% of the survivors are adult males, lol...

BI would get mad sued if dayz had zombie kids.

why do you think every other game doesn't have kids killable?

I am loath to lend my support to this, but I have to say that this would add to realism and immersion. Day Z lore would have to ensure that they took the "Walking Dead" route where zombies are animated corpses as opposed to the "28 Days Later" route were the zeds are infected people. I say add canibalism too... "Fallout: New Vegas" has it and it wasn't banned anywhere as far as I know. This game is supposed to be like "The Road" isn't it? Make it terrifying as hell I say...

Yeah throw in some kid zombies, everyone who disagrees needs to harden the fuck up.

There should be all sorts of variety in the Zeds. Tall, short, skinny, fat, young and old.

I want to be chased by a geriatric with a zimmerframe and her 6 year old grandson.

What fun is it to shoot kids even if they're zombies? And the reasons, "it's for realism" or "there are more violent things accessable to us" aren't rational either because DayZ is just a game and what happens in real life is atrocious.

DayZ is a video game, so have fun. If you felt you're not having fun to the point that you had such a desire to kill zombie children and needed to post it on this forum, you might want to re-evaluate your morality.

Edited by Marshmallow

DayZ is a video game, so have fun. If you felt you're not having fun to the point that you had such a desire to kill zombie children and needed to post it on this forum, you might want to re-evaluate your morality.

First: children ≠ ZOMBIE children

As you said, it is just a game. There are tons of horror games that uses fetus, babies, children and worst (try Dead Space, even on iOS). Stop talking about morals, we are all grow ups here.

The game definitely need more variation of zombies, such as zombie women, zombie children and, why not, zombie cops, zombie firemen, zombie medics, etc.

Edited by ShigZ
  • Like 2

The game definitely need more variation of zombies, such as zombie women, zombie children and, why not, zombie cops, zombie firemen, zombie medics, etc.

Zombie clowns would be excellent. Say spawning round a travelling circus.

• Like 1

I can see what women and medic zombies would carry, but what would firemen drop?

I can see what women and medic zombies would carry, but what would firemen drop?

Gas masks, axes, fire extinguishers, fire proof clothing.

Most of these things aren't useful in DayZ at the moment but could have a place in the standalone version.

Gas masks, axes, fire extinguishers, fire proof clothing.

Most of these things aren't useful in DayZ at the moment but could have a place in the standalone version.

Agree. Anything useful would attract more attention to the Z's. Even a makarov mag. Nobody cares about them anymore...

The Daily Fascist, aka Daily Mail or Fox News would have a field day. Realistic idea but would never happen.