Sign in to follow this  
harley001

Dayz. Why is it so buggy?

WTF. I got sucked up by a rocket and died. And everyone blamed the arma engine. Well how come when i play freaking arma the walks never suck me up and kill me? Cherneraus is a arma map. So why are there are the terrain glitches? Somone explain this.

Oh and my suggestion is to stop adding new stuff and fix the freaking bugs. I don't give a sh*t about dogs when the ground itself is killing people.

1) It's in alpha, you know what alpha is right? 2) This is a mod you're playing, it's much harder to make a game when you can't touch the source code. Leaps and bounds of improvement will be made when the ALPHA version of the STANDALONE is released. It will still be buggy but thats the reason for an alpha. To find the bugs and to also add features and see what works.

I wish people would understand this and stop asking.

Edited by Lights Out

1) It's in alpha, you know what alpha is right? 2) This is a mod you're playing, it's much harder to make a game when you can't touch the source code. Leaps and bounds of improvement will be made when the ALPHA version of the STANDALONE is released. It will still be buggy but thats the reason for an alpha. To find the bugs and to also add features and see what works.

I wish people would understand this and stop asking.

I wish people would stop stating the obvious. Stop acting like everyone is a moron. ITS A ALPHA!? YOU DON'T SAY! I am asking why in the next patch rocket said we would get dogs instead of bug fixes. And in arma rocks never killed people. Cher is a arma map. So unless rocket made BIG changes to it there is no reason for this.

He did make BIG changes to the game itself in many aspects. He's modded an OLD game to an extent most games don't get modded to. When you start changing things bugs arise. Now when you fix one bug, another bug pops up and so on and so forth. Reason being is he can't touch the source code. It's like putting bandaids ona broken toy, it's still broken.

Maybe I can partially agree with you that possibly he doesn't put his full focus into fixing bugs but he's not trying to polish a game at this point. He's messing around with features and stuff trying to see what works.

Edited by Lights Out

WTF. I got sucked up by a rocket and died. And everyone blamed the arma engine. Well how come when i play freaking arma the walks never suck me up and kill me? Cherneraus is a arma map. So why are there are the terrain glitches? Somone explain this.

Oh and my suggestion is to stop adding new stuff and fix the freaking bugs. I don't give a sh*t about dogs when the ground itself is killing people.

Umm.... ALPHA. 'nuff said.

Is this for serious?

Wanting to suggest something or report a bug: Fine.

Mad at game for being buggy in early Alpha stages: Wat.

I don't expect miracles anymore, I just wait for the standalone.

You know the standalone will be in alpha when it's first released too, right?

I wish people would stop stating the obvious. Stop acting like everyone is a moron. ITS A ALPHA!? YOU DON'T SAY! I am asking why in the next patch rocket said we would get dogs instead of bug fixes. And in arma rocks never killed people. Cher is a arma map. So unless rocket made BIG changes to it there is no reason for this.

The next patch doesn't fix many bugs because its alpha (ya its annoying but its the truth), alpha is ment for adding features / core gameplay mechanics and improving them. The mod must just be playable (which it is, even with all the bugs), expect bug fixes beta.

I assume most bugs come from it being a mod, making Arma do things it was not intended for most likely screwed some things up, even if its a orginial arma map.

This is what my dog says...

Woof, woof...grrrr rr.(rocks kill in vanilla game),

RuffRRRrrrrwoofzzzrrr,,,,(why you post here).