{420}Mr.Smiley

A ranking system

Should there be a ranking system in Dayz?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a ranking system in dayz?

I was hoping in the standalone there would be some type of ranking system, where there could be certain perks or benefits. For example after surviving x amount of hours you get a perk for a higher possible blood level. Or having say 1000 kills all together in your previous and current lifes you can start out with better supplies. Or just a simple 1-100 leveling system. Would dayz players be open to this concept?

Edited by {420}Mr.Smiley

Yes: if ranks only represent how long you've lived. (and maybe your humanity condition)

but No: if it gives you unfair perks.

Edited by CaptainBingo
  • Like 1

No because this game is meant to be as realistic as possible. It is an "anti-game". Where we are put into the world and we as players and a community do what we choose. No ranking or punishments for playing a certain way.

• Like 3

it isnt an anti-game its going commercial and millions of people are already playing it even though its broke. It could be just for status and it could be for slight benefits in the next life or your current one. Fact of the matter it wont be as real as real life, why can i not see my legs when i run? why can i not pick up dirt and lick grass and stick my dick in the sand.

NO!!! Hell NO! Keep that mainstream crap out of DayZ!

Ranking System change the playing Style of Gamers!

They playing not anymore the Game. They playing for the Stats!

I Hate Ranking!

btw. the next crap is then -> achievements & Unlocks.... and then..... we have the modern Mainstream KiddyStyle Gaming!

Edited by DaGolem

No. Everyone needs the same skill set from the starting point... That is one key feature to DayZ.

There already are a ton of "mainstream kiddies" in dayz why do you think theres a million+ on dayz, they like to be all hip and be like a hipster.

i wouldn't mind being able to see how many hours a character has been played, days alive itself doesnt mean anything. you can log off for two weeks and have a character thats 14 days old, but hours played would be cool to see, and then various other statistics, like beans eaten or cooked meats cooked, but no perks or anything.

• Like 1

Don't like the idea of perks. The perk given should be your ability to survive. Giving you anything extra would be needlessly OP.

Having a ranking system would be OK, I guess, so long it's not visible in game. I'd love to know who's the longest survivor, the best medic, the worst murderer, and all that - but outside the game.

There already are a ton of "mainstream kiddies" in dayz why do you think theres a million+ on dayz, they like to be all hip and be like a hipster.

Then don't give them another reason to play.

A ranking system would be absolutely terrible. The point of the game is, nobody's "character" is any better to start off with than anybody else's. It all comes down to the player, and that's how it should stay.

I do support other skins based on playstyle; for example someone like me would want a medic skin.

Edited by Dutch Miller

updated poll, now if you would like to see your rank either on your profile or displayed in lobbies but no perks or benefits than theres a third choice.

It is an anti-game. Rocket said so. He's stayed true to himself so far. A ranking system would be unbelievably out of place. It seems like you don't understand Rocket's goal.

Being able to see hours played would be cool but I'm not too sure it would happen because they are trying to keep you on edge. If you run into someone and can tell somehow how long they've been alive and stuff, it takes away the mystery and nervousness you feel if it's a complete stranger.

A ranking system with perks would ruin the game.

However a statistics screen that tracks your actions in the game which you can compare with friends would be a nice addition seeing your longest times survived and best kills in one life and so on.

I wouldn't like the concept of setting an objective of getting "x" amount of kills. Some people may do that just to have the better advantage on other players. But the concept of surviving for a long period of time to get better perks would be my exception such as better chance of loot or increase of hearing, e.t.c. This is a nice idea because DayZ is about survival and those who have survived the longest deserve to get rewards because the risks and things they have endured. Though there has to be a catch to it so players wont go afk and survive really long.

Edited by Gopher

I'd have to disagree with this.

The problem with arbitrary perks like this is essentially like saying "You're really good at this game. Let's make it easier for you".

The key to perks (if indeed they are to be included in this game) is to provide dedicated and skilled players with a new feature that they would actually like, not arbitrarily adding more blood to your body or letting you spawn with a weapon that you likely have a far better one of stashed in a camp somewhere. Not to mention the fact that perks that apply to individual players over many lives destroys the significance of your character's survival in the here and now.

Bribase

I did not say start with a gun, but perhaps better equipment like food or water or maybe even a bloodbag at the most. Also, you would still have to get to your camp, which depending on where you placed it would require a gun for self defense or just a lot of running and eluding.

What if the ranking system imposed was just a simple 1-100 leveling system with no added benefits or perks except in possibly your own current life untill you die. The leveling system could be viewed to see your overall progress, like the amount of time played, amount of bandits/murders you have, amount of zombies killed right down to how many beans youve eaten. While the ranking would show in the lobby or players list. If you would like to see that please choose the third option.

No, as said, players would play differently to up their rank. It would influence their decisions which takes away from the game.

DayZ already has what i would call an "unofficial ranking system". If you're someone who saves a lot of wounded players, players may mention you on the server as a known person who helps others. Or if you're killing everyone, they may say watch out for so and so because they shoot you on sight. Or this group of people have been held up at this location and have been surviving for a long time, we should try and join them because they have so much stuff at their base. That is our DayZ "ranking system". Word of mouth by other players based on your actions.

And that's the way it should stay. Write your own story, don't dumb it down to a board of names with numbers by it.

Edited by Lights Out

No, as said, players would play differently to up their rank. It would influence their decisions which takes away from the game.

Jep,your damn right! They starting then to destroy the Game for the Stats!

As i said before the entire Ranking/Stats crap ruins every modern Game. because the People play not anymore the Game they playing for the damn Stats!

For me is Ranking/Stats the art of Mainstream Kiddy Gaming!

"Oh, yeah look at my Stats..i am sooooo good"

"no u not! Look at my stats iam better then you, because i killed more RealPlayers"

"your both are Noobs because i have killed more Zombies and Players then u both together"

...bla bla kiddy bla bla...

Hopefully "Rocket" will never change the Standalone into this Mainstream Crap Gaming!

You cant say you havent played a game without stats or a ranking system, sure its popular and this game is trying to be different from the crowd. But it just gives more meaning to the game, i for one never played a game for the best stats, i played it for fun. Maybe its just me, but after you go scout around the same town in cherno for the millionth time it would be nice to have some kind of goals or meaning to the game when youve gone as far as you can go, explored all that you could and found the best stuff you could.

The only stat i would like to see would be the amount of hours my char has been going, in game time only.But if we get extra items in the standalone like say a diary type deal/pencil and paper, then we can track it ourselves in game. Perks..not a chance, just not interested in that aspect of games.

Well, theres already some perks newly introduced into the game, just only in a current life, forgot how it goes but it all depends on humanity for now.