rocket

Why the radio silence?!?

People are not leaving DayZ they are just waiting for it to get fixed.

I think you are being naive.

I know lots who just cant be bothered to mess about with it anymore.

Just my opinion, but if the devs had kept in touch a bit more would still be here ... 3- 4 posts would have quelled most of the hundred or so pages on the .2.5 thread.

Lots will buy the retail of course they will but if its more of the same BI will still make its money back and the dedicated few will linger on.

Id sooner have millions playing a thriving game ... Im still hoping i get my wish but im not so sure its going to happen.

Fair enough. Just hoping all game discussion and announcements are made here in official forum. Got no intrest on twitter, reddit whatever crap. Take your time and perhaps we get solid update what doesnt brign one new feature and whole bunch of new issues.

Not sure do we need those silly dogs on next release. Whistling around whit a dog doesnt bring too much to the game imo (expect quick death)

I don't believe the game made it just because it is a mod. It made it because of the number of people that like survival strategy games. And i sure dont believe modding should be put into other games. It would ruin them!

Thanks for the heads up. The silence has been a bit uncomfortable, but not at all unjustifiable. I'm glad 1.7.2.5 was a good experience and meant another approach for the future. Keep up the good work.

Link please?

There was a post somewhere, but I can't find it. But Rocket also said it on his Twitter

*Insert mandatory "Please fix tent and vehicle inventories" post here*

Old hat. There's a server-side fix with replacing the files. Not official, but it's there.

Link please?

Any word on fixing vehicle and tent saving?
There is a server side fix dwarden and ander are working on at the moment I believe
ASAP! We are preparing a server-side patch soon (nothing needed to be done by clients) and the client-side patch for later
https://twitter.com/...703818595807234 Edited by Jukez

I expect DayZ to continue being the worlds hardest and harshest game to play. An anti-game as you so nicely put it.

I want to sit silently while everyone describe how fucking hard and deadly their games are and then just finish the whole conversation up with "I play DayZ" and have everyone go silent for 15 minutes staring at me, and then say "R..r....r..r..really...?!?" with terror in their faces, the women starting to cry and all children running out of the room. I wanna feel like a complete masochist. I want to feel ive just wasted four days of my life as i get sniped in Electro. I want to cry myself to sleep at night.

The deadliest, hardest, most terrifying, ultra realistic and fucking awesome game in the history of mankind please.

DELIVER! ;)

PS. Without the fucking script kids. DS.

• Like 5

Hey it is alpha -- it is version 0.1.7.2.5 (I presume). For that it is heavy playable.

Now as to why are numbers dropping?

- new games arriving (I am alive, Sleeping Dogs etc)

- school starting

- waiting for new version for this or that reason:

---graphics bug

---lack of new features(ok fro alpha)

---waiting for standalone

- playing private hive or LI

- not playing for being mismatch with the game (can happen)

- frustration with the game (difficulty, bugs, got killed in cherno again... whatever - this however is only temporary).

Myself.. I cannot play this game for multiple sessions after others. I can have two nights, but then it starts fu**ing with my understanding of society and reactins

Most ppl i know that have stopped playing DayZ have stopped because of hackers and *bugs.

*Not being able to hit shit in close combat, breaking your leg everywhere, zombies going through walls, equipment disapering, clunky inventory system, etc....

Most people will also definitely come back at release.

hoenstly so long as i don't get what i got for Ghost REcon Future soldier.

Pre-ordered.

went to pick it up.

Delayed for 3 weeks.

Went to pick it up after the 3 weeks.

delayed for another 2 weeks.

finally got it 5 weeks after stated release date.

Begin playing to find that my PC copy has XBOX controller button options in various parts of multiplayer and it's buggey as shit

also hate the fact the game takes a COD approach in that a local player host the match

A Full multiplayer match can range from 100's of Host migration to a match where everyone just man's up and takes the shit their dealt with the latter being very very very rare.

Fondest memory of the game? Playing engineer, toss a sensor nade, oh look 3 guys running in a nice line at up, pop round the corner and mow all 3 down "HOST MIGRATION IN PROGRESS" Comes up... Fucking pussies

Now yes i know DayZ won't have the whole HOST Migration crap but what im saying is, i will never buy another UBISOFT Game again because of at first, DRM, i got over that thanks to pirates making auto-save work, and now not finishing a game when it's spost to be finished by which is deemed by the company itself, with no excuses. Please i would rather a finished product that has minor bugs/issues than something that isn't fully there.

I stopped playing because of graphics bugs.

I don't know why the hell Rocket introduced them.

They do not help to make this game more popular.

• Like 2

I hope 1.7.3 will fix disappearing tents and vehicles. Nothing more.

New features? I can wait for it month or two.

And yes, ban all damn hackers!

btw, guys, read news on home page - my glitches gone ;)

Edited by Laufer

The deadliest, hardest, most terrifying, ultra realistic and fucking awesome game in the history of mankind please.

DELIVER! ;)

Here is a recipe for the game you want:

1) Kill your character and respawn.

2) Throw all your gear on the ground.

3) Turn your brightness and gamma all the way DOWN.

4) Run through Cherno at night on a maxed 50+ppl server screaming in Direct Comms.

5) Survive...

• Like 1

"I'm not going to make the mistake of releasing a patch before it is ready."

That's funny because you've managed to screw up the last 3 patches to varying degrees. We need a damn hotfix for vehicles and tents before anything else, you're just bleeding players right now because the game gets boring without them. I gave up playing about a week and a half ago, because since your piss-poor testing of patches results in at least one major fuckup per patch, it became too much. You established such an amazing mod, yet you totally fail to see the important bits of it that keep players HOOKED, once you start breaking them then you're no better than many other games.

• Like 1

Here is a recipe for the game you want:

1) Kill your character and respawn.

2) Throw all your gear on the ground.

3) Turn your brightness and gamma all the way DOWN.

4) Run through Cherno at night on a maxed 50+ppl server screaming in Direct Comms.

5) Survive...

Been there done that...

"I'm not going to make the mistake of releasing a patch before it is ready."

That's funny because you've managed to screw up the last 3 patches to varying degrees. We need a damn hotfix for vehicles and tents before anything else, you're just bleeding players right now because the game gets boring without them. I gave up playing about a week and a half ago, because since your piss-poor testing of patches results in at least one major fuckup per patch, it became too much. You established such an amazing mod, yet you totally fail to see the important bits of it that keep players HOOKED, once you start breaking them then you're no better than many other games.

Excuse me bro. But its alpha.... You sir are the dipshit

• Like 5

Ho.

Recent - wait what?

Not so recent patches were broken.

Its a fact.

It turn situation only for worse.

Dunno if it was intentional or Rocket just can't handle this.

Recently coming back looking for patch or fix and there is none.

Surprise?

No really.

Population is dwindling and interest of players wavering.

Now DayZ isn't synonymous of great zombie apocalypse mod but rather bug and hacker infested boring walking simulator with slow deathmatch type PvP.

• Like 1

Nice to read something from you in person Rocket! I'm sure your life has changed dramatically, at least the professional one. But yes, you deserve all the attention you get, after all your idea has been nothing less than game industry changing. At least for the mmo survival horror/zombies games, but i suspect it goes further than that. What we missed was the sense of close community we had b4. Meaning you being on the forums at least once a week to tell us what your vision for the future was or even venting to us how hard your coding job was to implement what you had in mind. We are a though crowd, but no doubt but we still respect you and what you are trying to do. And we support you too by keep on loving to play a mod that, I'm afraid to say, has probably reached the end of the line. You can't say that and i understand completely why. But let's face it, arma2 is a very community/modding friendly game that is appropriate for a small community. Since this mod has gone berserk the game has been ruined by cheaters and hacker and there is nothing atm that can be done anymore. More and more people are posting cheats like dayznavigator and such that can be compiled in less than 30 minutes to have all sort of advantages. Tbh I'm still playing the mod but i don't care about updates anymore. I want a very closed up stand alone game now. What the fuck is about the memory readings not being encrypted for example?? A friend of mine made his own exe with which he knows were all vehicles and players are on the map at any given moment. He has to alt tab to check those things, because they don't appear on the ingame map but still, no way to detect him cause he's not injecting or altering anything. He just reads. A few times i played with him, we notice the number of players teleporting themselves or spawning vehicles or weapons was about 35% of any given server. Make the standalone super closed, encrypt memory and fuck the modding chaps if this is the only way to survive. Right now is out of control. I'm sure you know all this already but i still felt the urge to write it down.

• Like 5