Sign in to follow this  
dublinazo123

Heli crash sites

Well, I was running north after finding the basic stuff and found 3 heli crash sites (not together obviously) with 15-20 zombies each one. The sad part was that the only thing I found in them was like 4 camo suits and ammo, not even 1 weapon. Is this supposed to be like that? or i was just damn unlucky

You were damn unlucky. Its also possible you were not the first one to find them. Loot at crash sites only spawn once. Usually you will find an FN FAL at the very least.

I was server hopping yesterday near the old fields, not because I was looking for loot, but because I was looking for servers that don't limit my fps to 15fps or less and to build a favorites list with good ones.

I join the 3rd server and it's night, I look around (no NVG) to see how the fps are and see an unusual bright spots through a tree. A downed chopper.

1 Medical box, a small loot pile with a bandage and painkillers, 2 Bizons + 4 mags, 2 M14 AIMs + 5 mags.

You most likely got either really unlucky or found choppers that were already looted. Usually they spawn at least one weapon, but depending on how you set your details and screen resolution it can be hard to see the loot. So make sure to check them from a distance first (so grass won't render, but loot will). Sometimes loot also lies a little bit under the body of the chopper, so check that as well.

4 camo suits would say to me at least a few were probably swapped for Ghillie suits and left behind..

The servertime is important as well, because choppers spawn after a server restart and don't generate new loot after being looted.

For example: If they restart every 6 hours and the next restart is scheduled for 5pm and it's currently 4:30pm, you can be almost 100% sure that all the chopper sites have been looted at least once. If it's 5:10pm, it's unlikely the choppers were looted already (unless there is a very greedy and efficient clan with multiple vehicles on the server of course).

The servertime is important as well, because choppers spawn after a server restart and don't generate new loot after being looted.

For example: If they restart every 6 hours and the next restart is scheduled for 5pm and it's currently 4:30pm, you can be almost 100% sure that all the chopper sites have been looted at least once. If it's 5:10pm, it's unlikely the choppers were looted already (unless there is a very greedy and efficient clan with multiple vehicles on the server of course).

Does all the loot have to be taken or just been at least looked at/few things missing? Can't say I've found one yet, still pretty new.

Not sure what you mean exactly.

The choppers (and their loot I think) spawn with the server starting, it stays there till the server restarts or someone takes it. If no one takes it, it disappears with the chopper when the server restarts. Then new choppers with new loot spawn.

Other loot spawns use loot cycles, ie. new loot spawns every 15 minutes or so if the loot has been taken and no one is closer than 200m to it. This doesn't work with crashed choppers. Once the loot has been taken, it's gone and new loot won't spawn.

• Like 1

Not sure what you mean exactly.

The choppers (and their loot I think) spawn with the server starting, it stays there till the server restarts or someone takes it. If no one takes it, it disappears with the chopper when the server restarts. Then new choppers with new loot spawn.

Other loot spawns use loot cycles, ie. new loot spawns every 15 minutes or so if the loot has been taken and no one is closer than 200m to it. This doesn't work with crashed choppers. Once the loot has been taken, it's gone and new loot won't spawn.

Thanks that cleared that up, I knew about the distance to loot spawns but not that some could re-spawn that quickly, and the thing with the helichoppers.

The first 2 crashed heli's i found just had fn fal's with no mags with some other bs stuff, the 3rd one i found had an m107 with no mags. I kept the m107 xP