Justine42

I will never adopt the kill on site mentality

If you don't shoot on sight you are an idiot, the fun in the game is killing. I don't care if its a fully loaded ural with everyone armed to the teeth or a lone man 1 k away. I hunt everything, and everything must die. I said "friendly" once, the person believed me. I cured their stupidity with a bullet to the head, it worked.

Edited by Krihelion
  • Like 1

If you don't shoot on sight you are an idiot, the fun in the game is killing. I don't care if its a fully loaded ural with everyone armed to the teeth or a lone man 1 k away. I hunt everything, and everything must die. I said "friendly" once, the person believed me. I cured their stupidity with a bullet to the head, it worked.

obvious troll is obvious

• Like 1

obvious troll is obvious

obvious troll is obvious

Actually not, I don't play by the, if you shoot on sight you are an asshole mentality. It is called playing to win broski.

And that's why one day the Colliseum will be back... or something like Hunger Games or Gamer.

I wanted to believe in the "don't shoot on sight" and I still don't but I don't plan to give people too many chances anymore. If they have the bandit clothing, armed and don't respawn, their dead. I've died too many times to let it happen again.

Actually not, I don't play by the, if you shoot on sight you are an asshole mentality. It is called playing to win broski.

You did not disprove my point.

The true beauty of this game is the open world, hopefully the creators will provide the necessary tools for the true humane to remain just that. I know little about the humanity system as it currently exists, and I dont think I've even seen a bandit thus far.

I just think its a complete waste of a huge and open world to become a deathmatch. Although battle is a part of the game, I believe it doesn't have to be the whole game.

Perhaps this is where we disagree, senseless killing serves no purpose. That being said, I suppose a server full of humane survivors would be quite boring once you have everything you need.

The true beauty of this game is the open world, hopefully the creators will provide the necessary tools for the true humane to remain just that. I know little about the humanity system as it currently exists, and I dont think I've even seen a bandit thus far.

I just think its a complete waste of a huge and open world to become a deathmatch. Although battle is a part of the game, I believe it doesn't have to be the whole game.

How long have you been playing? I find it almost impossible to believe you've never seen a bandit unless you play on a private server or you have only ever been sniped by the bandit you didn't see.

As I previously stated I've been playing for about a month. I play pretty casually as well, but I always remain as stealthy as possible.

I used to play on whatever server worked until I discovered DayZ commander, now I play on a variety of servers, none of them are private.

Edited by Justine42

The fun of looting/stay alive becomes ridiculously boring for a lot of people (including me) after you learn it, hence why pvp has become so popular. What do you do when you have an AS50 and the majority of the tools, necessities? I'm not going to run around looking for gear, I'd go picking fights with people cause it's actually fun. Then again there are people who can play the game like this, and that's perfectly fine.

The way you play is admirable, but I'd rather kill than be killed.

The mod's in alpha anyways, better yet the stand-alone might be released this year.

I believe in humanity.

I may have died numerous times, and lost some stuff - but that stuff is just fluff.

I may die 80% oft the time, but the remaining 20% of the time I am pleased to make a new friend. In a scary world, knowing that there is a few people that believe in humanity the way you do, really makes you think we can get through this hell world.

If you see me in game just give me a friendly hello, or shoot me and take my axe and food and drink that will sustain you for a couple of hours.

Kill on site? I say Hello on Site, no matter how many times I die, I will never kill on site, because I believe in humanity.

Justine42, seek out The Coalition. We are here to protect you, in exchange for only your dedication to who you are and what we stand for. All you need is to search for The Coalition thread in the forums and you will see just how strong Humanity is.

I am Demyan, proud member of The Chernarus Quarantine Force and servant of the people. Join us in reclaiming Chernarus, and no amount of Bandits or Hackers will ever take it back.

What do you do when you have an AS50 and the majority of the tools, necessities? I'm not going to run around looking for gear, I'd go picking fights with people

fights & as50 doesn't match... you don't fight - you kill.

• Like 1

Agreed, I been playing Arma 2 (started with operation flashpoint) for a a long time and I was excited to see this type of mod. Finally a survivor game where i can gather resources, run from(and kill a few) zombies and possibly get together with fellow survivers in a co-op enviroment. The more I played it kept feeling more like a open-world deathmatch game, where you need to gather ammo and food to stay alive, if you don't get shot first. Only complaint I have about dieing is sometimes it takes a while to load the game and reconnect to the server., hopefully this will be fixed in the standalone, which i am sure it will be.

Now dont get me wrong, bandits to me anyway, are vital part of the gameplay or the game will be friggin boring. Survivors need these assholes to give us another obstactle to overcome. As they add alot to the gameplay, because once you get the hang of it, it can be easy to avoid the Zombies. Especially with a silenced weapon.

Hopefully in the standalone it will be more balanced in terms of lowering droprate/ammo of sniper rifles/military grade gear...or at least make civilian hunting rifles with scopes more common. To me it seems it will be more realistic to find that type of rifle than a military grade one like the AS50. Makes the game more challenging I think and more realistic. But we will see what happens in the standalone, so far i am very optimistic.

some good discussion points. Thank you all for your opinions!

I guess the conflict is necessary or there would be zero purpose.

I just have a problem with people who go out of there way to grief others. This is something I shall explore further.

I will check out the Coalition, sounds interesting!

The problem with people calling this a CoD/BF-Esque deathmatch scenario because no one helps each other, is this is far more than CoD/BF. I've always wanted a game with a free world, you have to survive, you have to hunt and kill other players(that is what i do anyway). And that is what alot of other people like. I travel in a group of 8 people,

- 1 Sniper

- 1 Spotter

- 2 Assault Infrantry(M4A1 CCO each)

- 1 Medic

- 2 Machine gunner(One has M249, other has MK)

- 1 Squad leader

We work together and treat the entire game as a tactical enviroment, anything we see is a threat, and that is fun for us. People like us don't travel the coast, except for those AS50 chern camping faggots that kill noobs and don't take any gear. Now by being a force that kills anything, doesn't mean we are like the other 99.99% of bandits who just kill people and get rid of the stuff. Ours cars and tents are rarely full as we drop weapons/gear outside of cherno and elektro, for the sole reason we kill, to have fun. People with more gear = a better firefight and that is more fun.

Find what ever is fun for you and work with it, but honestly living as a don't shoot anyone type person in this mod and soon to be game, just is plain stupid. Yeah there is that off person who won't pop a cap in your ass, but 9 times out of 10 you will be shot before you even see them for a second. If you want to be a nice person in the game, drop gear/weapons by noob spawns or in cherno, provide a taxi service. A taxi service is something we do on servers with a global chat, we do it very securely though, our taxi car is our GAZ. In front of the GAZ is a motorcycle that always stays in front of the car, behind the GAZ we have civ ural with 4 of our guys in it. Behind that is our military offroad that can stop the GAZ if it gets hijacked. So far we have had 3 people out of i'd say 20+ try to turn on us, and they got bullets in the head before they could even off the guy in the GAZ.

• Like 2

Friendly gets you killed :P

If they shoot me i shoot back while screaming profanity at them about how much i hate them along with various things. I rage like a mother.

The problem with people calling this a CoD/BF-Esque deathmatch scenario because no one helps each other, is this is far more than CoD/BF. I've always wanted a game with a free world, you have to survive, you have to hunt and kill other players(that is what i do anyway). And that is what alot of other people like. I travel in a group of 8 people,

- 1 Sniper

- 1 Spotter

- 2 Assault Infrantry(M4A1 CCO each)

- 1 Medic

- 2 Machine gunner(One has M249, other has MK)

- 1 Squad leader

We work together and treat the entire game as a tactical enviroment, anything we see is a threat, and that is fun for us. People like us don't travel the coast, except for those AS50 chern camping faggots that kill noobs and don't take any gear. Now by being a force that kills anything, doesn't mean we are like the other 99.99% of bandits who just kill people and get rid of the stuff. Ours cars and tents are rarely full as we drop weapons/gear outside of cherno and elektro, for the sole reason we kill, to have fun. People with more gear = a better firefight and that is more fun.

Find what ever is fun for you and work with it, but honestly living as a don't shoot anyone type person in this mod and soon to be game, just is plain stupid. Yeah there is that off person who won't pop a cap in your ass, but 9 times out of 10 you will be shot before you even see them for a second. If you want to be a nice person in the game, drop gear/weapons by noob spawns or in cherno, provide a taxi service. A taxi service is something we do on servers with a global chat, we do it very securely though, our taxi car is our GAZ. In front of the GAZ is a motorcycle that always stays in front of the car, behind the GAZ we have civ ural with 4 of our guys in it. Behind that is our military offroad that can stop the GAZ if it gets hijacked. So far we have had 3 people out of i'd say 20+ try to turn on us, and they got bullets in the head before they could even off the guy in the GAZ.

That is a much more intelligent, well-written and logical post than your last two, which essentially consisted of "bro if you help people and dont explode everything that moves your an idiot"

I applaud you on your improvement.

Edit: Upon closer inspection you still referred to us as stupid. It's our play style, and it works. You just have to know how to play it correctly, and then you can survive just as well and with the same amount of enjoyment as any player like you gets from being a bandit; and such a playstyle requires intelligence as opposed to stupidity.

Edited by Dutch Miller
  • Like 1

I have a rule of not killing on sight, even though it's backfired a number of times.

I always type "friendly?" before making any quick judgements, which almost always is followed by no response. I'll watch the person closely as they slink out of sight or make a gesture to show they're not a threat, but if I feel threatened or they don't give a response, I give them fair warning that if they don't respond I will kill them...and usually I do.

I think that's justifiable because this game is about survival and if I'm in the position to take the first shot at a suspicious person, I will, so I don't wind up back on the coast with empty pockets and a zero zombie kill count.

And let me add that I will always shoot a bandit without warning!

Edited by Marshmallow

Once you've played video games as long as I did, you get seriously bored of shooting people, even in Arma 2.

I'm thinking this game's community is about people who want to roleplay and people that want to get a good k/d.

As long as the game can be considered deathmatch like (as it's very easy to just grab a gun and survive while shooting other players), we won't be able to arrive to one conception of the game (which will lead to a good ratio of survivor/bandit).

For a solution, I suggest more numerous and more dangerous zombies. And less loot. Sociopaths are gonna have a tougher life. Survivors will just find the game more exciting.

Well somehow, yesterday I saw a guy runing towards me, I ran the other way and said "friendly!" The guy was really nice o.o

HE even gave me a makarov with ammo to start with :D

So being friendly helps too :D

I'm currently 14 days old, 10k humanity, full blown carebear. Everyone I've killed has shot at me first. Being friendly does not mean dying pointlessly or constantly, it just means you have to be smart enough to survive by approaching situations differently. Don't let them see you, don't run directly at them yelling friendly, etc. I generally position myself where I can see them, but they can't see me, and I instruct them to lower the weapon/face away from me/put the gun in their backpack. Provide food/drinks/medical/ammo or whatever they need. Then vanish into thin air in my ghillie suit and wait for the next victim to come along.

I've survived 2 weeks straight with this method. A little observational skill and understanding of human nature (i.e. probably 50% of them would kill me if I turn around) is all it takes to survive for a long time as a friendly. I find it far more challenging, engaging, and entertaining than killing everything I see.

• Like 4

I'm the same. I have never even aimed a gun at another player, let alone killed anyone. I consider players who kill on sight to be either under 11 years of age or of limited learning ability.

I die a lot, and rarely have anything other than an axe but then I'm happiest with my axe because I can kill zombies with it and I don't have to find deerstands full rare ammo. :thumbsup:

Been playing for a couple of months.

Edited by Sula

I love how this thread turned into Battlefield wanderers and Red Cross relief talking about how to play a game the right way when there is no wrong way to play...

... Unless you're a hacker. Then you can go take a short jump off a tall cliff for all the shits I give about you.

• Like 1

I love how this thread turned into Battlefield wanderers and Red Cross relief talking about how to play a game the right way when there is no wrong way to play...

... Unless you're a hacker. Then you can go take a short jump off a tall cliff for all the shits I give about you.

this is a thread based upon people's opinions on how they play DayZ. Why were you expecting anything different?
  • Like 3