Sign in to follow this  
smonneke

Tents and Vehicles in 1.7.2.5

Hi i read some things about tents and vehicles returning to their last known status as in 1.7.2.4 after a server restart on a 1.7.2.5 server.

Anyone has any experience with this? Because otherwise i will lose the new items i will place in my tent or vehicle. And do vehicles teleport back to their last known position on 1.7.2.4 or not?

Thank you!

Yes this is happening and has been for sometime since the last patch. Though as people have reported reverting and still having the problem, I'm inclined to believe it's more to do with id numbers than the patch. Either way the chances of your stuff consistently saving are slim to none right now, for best chance save within the last ten minutes before a server reset.

everyone experienced this B)

don't put anything in tent and/or vehicle.

tent will save only other tent...

yeah, i just lost a bunch of stuff from my tent yesterday after server restart

And what about vehicles, do they stay at the location you last exited them. Or do they teleport back to their last position in 1.7.2.4?

I haven't experienced vehicles teleporting. I have experienced vehicles repairing themselves after a server restart and it always erases everything in it.

vehicles location and damage works, but gear isn't (same as tents).

also there is a bug, sometimes after server restart the vehicles and tents not appearing so you will have to wait for next server restart...

so... enjoy :D

Edited by DooM4MR

Actually, tents will save their first save state forever. So if you put 10 weapons/tools, 50 generic items, and five backpacks in a tent, then save it, and don't touch it again till restart, it will respawn all those items every restart.

You could always downgrade to 1.7.2.4 and play on those servers. My server was downgraded a few days ago and I can confirm that all the vehicles and tents are saving as they are supposed to.

Actually, tents will save their first save state forever. So if you put 10 weapons/tools, 50 generic items, and five backpacks in a tent, then save it, and don't touch it again till restart, it will respawn all those items every restart.

never worked for me in 1.7.2.5...

only saves tent inside tent :lol:

It took a bit of experimentation on our server but I'm pretty sure we've got it down to a science. We can replicate the result 95% of the time which I think makes it an exploitable bug, but I don't know wth to do about it, every time they fix tents they make them worse, and the last fix broke vehicles.

can you tell me how to do it?

I tried everything, lost so much gear :( lost MK48 with 10 mags etc

1. Drop a tent.

2. Put desired stuff in the tent.

3. Save it once when completed.

4. Don't touch it again until server restarts.

5. Server appears to load this save state every time the server restarts.

its got nothing to do with 1.7.2.5

u need to get your server admins to roll back the server .dll's from latest server side update to previous

and wala shit saves again

Edited by beany2009

1. Drop a tent.

2. Put desired stuff in the tent.

3. Save it once when completed.

4. Don't touch it again until server restarts.

5. Server appears to load this save state every time the server restarts.

did it, not worked :( lost my MK48 :|

Still not really sure what to do, Should i place my new tent and risk it munching loot. Or should i wait for update 1.7.3..

Also, my old camp was destroyed and there were trees falen over on my tent, how is it possible to topple a big pine tree?

Still not really sure what to do, Should i place my new tent and risk it munching loot. Or should i wait for update 1.7.3..

Also, my old camp was destroyed and there were trees falen over on my tent, how is it possible to topple a big pine tree?

Ural, V3S, Satchel Charges.

its got nothing to do with 1.7.2.5

u need to get your server admins to roll back the server .dll's from latest server side update to previous

and wala shit saves again

read