Sign in to follow this  
Leitbild

Simple solution for Graphical Artifacs

I dont get why its so hard to fix the goddamn artifacts. Just remove those dead bodies and maybe even the wirefence. They have no value to the game experience itself. Just remove those dead bodies and we all can play again like we where used to.

Rocket is always saying in Q&A's and interviews that it is caused by a "floating point error" which is caused by an particularly complex rendering requirement.

But if you set your video options to VERY LOW and a resolution that would embarrass even a PS One, the problem still occurs, making a mockery of Rocket's recommendation.

In the IGN interview he recommended turning Vert Sync ON when it happened to the game the interviewer was playing, it made the problem WORSE.

If vanilla Operation Arrowhead can handle hundreds of AI plus vehicles onscreen without this problem then it seems wrong of Rocket to blame Arma's engine.

If vanilla Operation Arrowhead can handle hundreds of AI plus vehicles onscreen without this problem then it seems wrong of Rocket to blame Arma's engine.

Exactly what I was thinking, if ARMA 2 OA had been released with the amount of bugs that DayZ has it'd be a laughing stock, Rocket has to stop blaming the engine and just get his head down and fix these damn bugs.

• Like 1

Have you tried adjusting your video memory setting?

If I'm LUCKY it'll stop by changing one of the video settings, but most of the time I can go through ALL of the settings and it will still remain and the only thing I can do then is quit the game and load it back up again!

I did not have any problems with artifacts for quite awhile, and now I see them more and more.

Today I found most military locations unapproachable.

Rockets twitter made it sound like the fix is a priority.

Something i did was turn my Vertical refresh on, i have a radeon graphics card so people with Catalyst control center just open it up click the gaming tab then go to 3d applications and look for wait for vertical refresh then set it to On, unless application specifies. This cleared up my artifacts haven't seen one since then.

Something i did was turn my Vertical refresh on, i have a radeon graphics card so people with Catalyst control center just open it up click the gaming tab then go to 3d applications and look for wait for vertical refresh then set it to On, unless application specifies. This cleared up my artifacts haven't seen one since then.

I'll be testing this out tomorrow and come to either give someone a beating or some praise.

My fix for graphical laser beams.....

messing around in the advanced video graphics options, when i swiitched rapidly from 1080p to windowed mode and then back to 1080p my screen went completely black for a few seconds and when it reloaded the graphics all the laser beams were gone for good. I played about 12 hours straight after that with no anomolies.

ps I had a popup message that asked me to reboot the game but i clicked cancel and just kept on playing.

this worked for me!!!! GPU - radeon hd 4890 + radeon hd 4870 CROSSFIRE

Pisses me off. Tryed the lot and it works for a while untill u leave the area and return a d there back again .

I'll give this a shot, got an XFX 6850 under my hood :)