Sign in to follow this  
Ribbins

Hacked Gun I persume

Found a crashed plane last night out side Stary, I persume it was hacked in however there was a shit load of hacked in weapons all over the place. I watched it for a while, killed a player looting it (Might of been the hacker anyway I put him down) I looked around atleast 1000+ weapons most of them I've never seen in Day Z, I was going to leave them untill I noticed the gold revolver which I took..

Now I know most people say no to hacked weapons however it adds no benefit apart from different skin I was just wondering if others would of took it?

Probably should have grabbed one that was in dayz. Also it's gold and apart from being a tacky color it will get you shot first.

And when you die with it you'll be reported to the admin by whoever loots you. That's just 3 reasons why you chose wrong.

Personally that sounds sick and if i did have a better side arm i would loot it and stuff it in our camp, because you can't get banned globally for using a hacked gun a few server admins might think your a hacker and maybe kick you or ban you from thier server but you can get banned globally if you dont want to risk that than don't take it

I thought the same about an Admin seeing me (although the last 2 times I've actual came across an admin it ended up in a server restart) and if was carrying it out & about most people will KOS persuming I'm a hacker.. However I've just never seen or heard of anyone with one so I didn't want to miss the chance since I felt it gave me no decent advantage or as you've stated a disadvantage to an extent

Was just wondering what others would of done

You can't get banned if you're not using a script. Personally I think the fact it is a skin for a common gun, lucky you. Not really a big deal.

I saw one of them in a huge ammo crate at the NW airstrip, then again it had 200 of every gun and ammo so I think it's safe to say in that instance they where hacked haha.

And no, I didn't take it.... I took the M9SD and M4A1 CCO SD insted.

.....What? Don't look at me like that you all would have done the same thing and you know it.

No, I would have probably taken the AK-107. I just really like that gun.

i would have taken the KVSK or whatever it s called . i mean badass silenced sniper :D

Takes up your backpack slot though, like the M240. I still think it's an awesome weapon. The firepower of a fifty cal, with the built in rangefinder of an SVD.

OP what server were you on? There was a chopper that was crashed right outside of stary too. But I didn't go near it since it was packed with zombs. However I did find a box filled with every single item in the game plus all the banned weapons. A little south from stary. My jaw just dropped. Never seen any of these guns.. Probably the best gun I ever got was a ak-kobra and m16a2. Had to take the dmr.. Always wanted one. The m249 with a acog looked pretty sweet though. It was like I was in a candy store. Couldn't pick which one I wanted.

Lucky you, last time I ran into a hacked crate there was nothing good in it and the hackers blew up our chopper. :(

I saw one of them in a huge ammo crate at the NW airstrip, then again it had 200 of every gun and ammo so I think it's safe to say in that instance they where hacked haha.

And no, I didn't take it.... I took the M9SD and M4A1 CCO SD insted.

.....What? Don't look at me like that you all would have done the same thing and you know it.

Legit guns are fine to take, especially if you killed the hacker yourself. Picking up a gun that you know is hacked in makes you as bad as the hacker that spawned them, if not worse for putting it to use. Taking the "you cant get banned" attitude is not helping the current state of hacked guns in the mod. The reason we have a problem now is exactly that.