arithor (DayZ)

Poll, Players prospective, would you enjoy this / play here?

Would you enjoy playing on a private hive with no duping / technology?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play on a server with no tents / technology? No tents for duping, Disabled GPS, L85, Nightvision etc?

• Hell, Yes when and where?
    • Your a bitch take your thermal sniper shot to the face and get lost!
    • I'd check it out and see what its about?
    • Read my post below, I'd prefer this...

Please vote, after playing quite awhile I was thinking of the issues as I've seen and what I personally feel holds Dayz back from legendary game status. I have been kicking the idea of starting another server with a modified rule set.

Edited by arithor

After my vote, I feel a bit remorseful....thermal in the face is a bit harsh :)

To clarify, I actually think this is a good idea, just not my cup of tea. It's good to have options, and I've seen enough posts on the boards to know that you have at least enough people to fill up a, err, stone-age (?) playstyle server.

Not having AA batteries in a post-apocalyptic world is so realistic,

Not having AA batteries in a post-apocalyptic world is so realistic,

This is the reason for man draw :D

Also I would play on this server :D

To clarify: There would be vehicles, simply no tents to dupe gear, no nightvision, gps or thermal gear available. It would be a private hive so you could not introduce this gear to the server without hacking and ban if found with it.

Tents weren't purposely added for the sake of duping.... Also, once you aren't connected to the main hives dupe fest with everyone having an L85, nvg, AS50 etc.. You wont be seeing those items as much so removing them is kind of silly. I have never found a pair of nvg's but have looted countless from bodies or tent as an example.

Edited by terrex

Is that possible? If so, why aren't there dozens of private hives like that already? I would go play in a heartbeat. Also make sure to turn off halos and waypoints!

Edited by Tigger

I would vote out NVGs in a heartbeat, if only nighttime brightness was more consistent. Maybe in stand alone...

Unfortunately, ghillie suits are all powerful, and there are plenty of a-hole snipers, so thermal scopes are a very good thing to have.

i really don't see the point of this. Gps, waypoints, etc don't give anybody an advantage over anybody else. NVG are useless unless on a night server. L85 is extremely rare unless duped in. I have yet to find one except on a person.

i really don't see the point of this. Gps, waypoints, etc don't give anybody an advantage over anybody else. NVG are useless unless on a night server. L85 is extremely rare unless duped in. I have yet to find one except on a person.

But I see the point, and so do other people. Variety can only help. Nobody is asking you to play on the server. For me all the magic stuff kills the immersion and obviously tent duping makes virtually all weapons/equipment useless because I know where there are stacks of them. And same is happening on popular private hives.

Edited by Tigger

....Camp duping is NOT part of the game. Your whole reason seems to be based around that because people dupe items, there are a abundant amount of items making the game unbalanced. Once the tents are fixed, you are not going to see all these people with said items you want to get rid of. The items are in the game for a reason and personally I don't understand how double A batteries would be hard to find. I could understand taking away GPS, but NVG, a thermal scope, etc are still realistic enough items to find in the Real world if there are military outpost. You give no reason as to why it is even a good idea or logical. All I can assume is your mad because you can't find the items yourself and think it's unfair.

....Camp duping is NOT part of the game. Your whole reason seems to be based around that because people dupe items, there are a abundant amount of items making the game unbalanced. Once the tents are fixed, you are not going to see all these people with said items you want to get rid of. The items are in the game for a reason and personally I don't understand how double A batteries would be hard to find. I could understand taking away GPS, but NVG, a thermal scope, etc are still realistic enough items to find in the Real world if there are military outpost. You give no reason as to why it is even a good idea or logical. All I can assume is your mad because you can't find the items yourself and think it's unfair.

Are you talking to me? Don't wear out your keyboard. I want more variety, your arguments about what is realistic and what isn't are useless here. Nobody is forcing you to play it. Like what you like, let other people like what they like. If someone will make a no-friendly fire server, I'll be happy! In my opinion it's completely useless and boring, but not everyone has to have my opinion!

If I could take a picture of my keyboard to show you what it looks like, you wouldn't say don't wear it out. If you want more variety, how does taking items away do that? Op needs to just l2p and not try and make the game more boring. Just wasting a perfectly good server on nothing that only 10 people at a time will play.

That's probably the point. I'd like to see how the lack of NVG's would impact servers on their night cycle. I love playing at night with nothing but a flashlight but having snipers running around with Thermal and NVG's, likely duped or hacked, makes it even more pointless than trying to explore on a server full of hackers.

I'd just like to see how this would play out. Only flashlights, flares, fires, headlights, and chemlights. Might make for an interesting experience.

But I see the point, and so do other people. Variety can only help. Nobody is asking you to play on the server. For me all the magic stuff kills the immersion and obviously tent duping makes virtually all weapons/equipment useless because I know where there are stacks of them. And same is happening on popular private hives.

Why is it magic? I do not understand this logic and by your logic lets just remove the upper end weapons, just leave axes, pistols and shotguns.

Do you all have some sort of psychological disorder that makes you force your opinions onto other people? There are about 4544 servers in the game. A server that was described here might be popular among some, although I personally don't care whether any items are in or out. I do care about magic map click=waypoint, halos, etc, but mostly about the tents.

You don't need to argue with anyone here. You can state that you wouldn't play on such server. Go make your kids to things that you think they should do, leave other people alone please.

Edited by Tigger

I was just tying to understand what or why your logic was, not forcing anything on you. I would play on it as a nice change of place, I would love to see other types of game play, IE pistol's only etc.

The obvious point to the server would be to play DayZ as it was meant, with no duping, no instant restock of items. Having to chuck flares and use glow sticks at night, in my opinion would make the game more interesting, fresh, exciting. Requiring the player base to go back to looting areas for gear, to enforce player vs player conflict instead of going back to one of your twenty tents to re-gear.

Realistically to attempt a return to what DayZ was supposed to be in its purest form instead of the dupefest hackathon it has turned into with everyone but nubs owning every choice piece of gear the loot list offers at will.

I play the game honest only picking up what I find in the spawns or on the dead and sometimes for quick action re-gearing at tents heading right back to the fight.

It would be my pleasure to run / play on a server that people actually coveted their hard found / won gear and actively played in the areas meant to attract players for loot / conflict without duping.

Edited by arithor

Sounds interesting, Id certainly give it a go. Though Id like to see more weapons with flashlights, or the ability to duct tape your flashlight to guns/ pistol in one hand flashlight in the other etc..

I was just tying to understand what or why your logic was, not forcing anything on you. I would play on it as a nice change of place, I would love to see other types of game play, IE pistol's only etc.

Ah, sorry. I just threw you into the bin of the other people in this thread that don't like it and thus ridicule it. By magic I meant mostly tent duping, halos, waypoints, etc. As for weapons, I don't care really, they could even put the AS50TWS in for what I care (Although I would prefer other weapons that are not in dayz at the moment instead). Provided it is super rare.

i would like that. that will bring me again out of coast to explore and hunt good equipment. right now i dont wont to go north at all. too many hackers and dupers who will send (kill) you to coast afther few hours of moving to the north. it simply isnt worth it.

A thank you to all who have posted I am seriously considering running another server on a private hive with this rule set. If I do get it all together I'll post the info here on the boards.