Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Kite

Attacked by a chopper? Read this!

So me and and couple buddies we're playing on our server and we found the zodiak we hid 100 or so meters away from its spot, anyway, we take it and go over to that island with a possible helicopter spawn on it. We get there, couple tents with stuff inside and......... a broken down chopper. We fix it up and fuel it with the stuff that was in the tents. We take off (Me as pilot, 2 other friends on each gun) and go pick up another friend, so now we're 4 in the chopper. We decide it'd be fun to go over to Elecktro and shot at stuff. We get there and one of my friend on the mg starts shooting and says "That guy is leaving with the bus I crashed in the church!". Holy hell, we just engaged a stranger in combat using a chopper, this day is awesome. Some more shooting, he hits the engine and one of our guy, we leave to patch him up and come back looking for the guy. We finally find him, running away from zombies in the street, he sees us and hides in a garage.I try to position myself so my gunner can get a shot, 20 rounds later the stranger shoots at us, hitting the engine again and my friend in the back. As I try to leave the scene to heal my friend, the chopper starts going down, fast. Can't pull up, can't turn and landing was out of the question at this speed. We crashed in a wall and we all died.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, whoever shot us down, thanks a lot! That was the coolest action I've ever had! Nice shot!

• Like 6

Man, I wish I was that guy on the ground. That would be one heck of a story.

So me and and couple buddies we're playing on our server and we found the zodiak we hid 100 or so meters away from its spot, anyway, we take it and go over to that island with a possible helicopter spawn on it. We get there, couple tents with stuff inside and......... a broken down chopper. We fix it up and fuel it with the stuff that was in the tents. We take off (Me as pilot, 2 other friends on each gun) and go pick up another friend, so now we're 4 in the chopper. We decide it'd be fun to go over to Elecktro and shot at stuff. We get there and one of my friend on the mg starts shooting and says "That guy is leaving with the bus I crashed in the church!". Holy hell, we just engaged a stranger in combat using a chopper, this day is awesome. Some more shooting, he hits the engine and one of our guy, we leave to patch him up and come back looking for the guy. We finally find him, running away from zombies in the street, he sees us and hides in a garage.I try to position myself so my gunner can get a shot, 20 rounds later the stranger shoots at us, hitting the engine again and my friend in the back. As I try to leave the scene to heal my friend, the chopper starts going down, fast. Can't pull up, can't turn and landing was out of the question at this speed. We crashed in a wall and we all died.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, whoever shot us down, thanks a lot! That was the coolest action I've ever had! Nice shot!

Brain palsied up reading this shit, please learn english.

My IQ doesn't allow it.

• Like 4

Similar thing happened to me, except i was firing back but I was at Stary Sobor on my ATV. I hear a helicopter coming and then hear shots. I finally see the helicopter shooting at me and I pull out my M4A3 CCO and return fire. I don't know what happened next because I was aiming for the driver and the gunner i get shot and as I get to cover and bandage the helicopter leaves. It may of ran out of ammo but I doubt it cause later that day I heard it heading to the krasnostav airstrip where I assume their base is near. I never found their base but the next day I log in and see the helicopter picking a man up from that air traffic control tower. I didn't open fire even though the driver got out because I wanted the two to be in the same position so I could pick em off quick and easy using a M14 AIM. and if it comes down to it a M249. That never happened but later that day again it came back and it knew I was there because i just shot my G17 at zombies that would kill me if i hadn't killed them. What happened next is what I think was the best fun I had yet in DayZ, it opened fire and its gunner couldn't hit me cause the driver was moving to much, I ran outside and opened fire with the M14 and almost hit the driver. I ran back around to reload and flank and I see that the helicopter is floating above the ground with the gunner gone. I realize the gunner had been dropped off to flank me while the helicopter distracted me. I decide that I may as well screw them over by killing their pilot or damaging the vehicle. I pull out the M249 and open up on it. about 5 seconds in to firing I am killed by, who i think is, the gunner.

sweet story. this one time, we got to a russian server with a few friends, and to my surprise, i found that kamenka was on fire ( the whole thing ). me, being a fresh spawn, i decided the investigate the situation, since i had nothing to lose. a few hundred meters off kamenka i found the following :

traktor, rolled-over ship, uaz, working heli ( obviously hacked in, of course - but why not have some fun with it? )

so i get in and i went to fly around the map to pick up my friends. epic action extraction sequences ocurred, when a guy running to the chopper was being chased by no less than 15 zombies, and the machinegunner in the heli was putting them down. pretty sweet sight, actually. after 4 of us were in the chopper, we were hading to NWAF to do some looting. to my surprise, another flying chopper appeared nearby. considering the fact that i never saw 2 choppers on one server at the same time, i assumed it was a hacker who added it after we took 'their' heli. while i was trying to get to safe distance from them, the gunners were shooting the other heli with all they could.

as we were running out of fuel, we decide to land it in some safe location. we find a clearing surrounded by trees for this and i land the machine to refuel and fix later ( we managed to get shot a few times, presuming by the other heli ). we all get out, and make a fire to heal up whatever wounds we had before. then a sudden realisation - the chopper is refueled and fixed. we did not do anything to it. just landed it and got out.

that's where i drew the line and logged. no idea what happened afterwards.

screens of FYAR:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/937000279300361904/A47AA807B7FFB44FF6702C70FC8F6060936A6E53/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/937000279300366924/8E7CFCCC166801B8D969FEA0B4449CB34D71ECB6/ ( note the other - probably 3rd - chopper here )

Makes a nice story.

Personally I thought those things were indestructible.

I've only ever seen one go down by the hand of a MK48 Mod, and believe me it took about 4 full clips.

A few randomly placed shots from an AS50 takes out a heli quite easily.

A friend and I were on top of the factory roof in Cherno near the medical tents and I tell him to find cover cause I can hear a heli coming. It stops and hovers above us.. then starts to position itself with the side looking at us. I know what was bound to come next. Changed to the AS50 I had and placed a few shots in the location of the gunner - he is dead. But I keep unloading into the hull of the heli shot after shot with my big gun.

A clip goes by, the thing is on fire and plunging downwards towards us but thankfully it falls into the streets of Cherno and blows up. First time I had ever seen a big explosion and fire in DayZ. No less than 3 additional killed messages had popped up at some point during this.

The other thing was all this action attracted a shed load of Zeds. The building sounds like its surrounded by them. My friend has an AKM and me the AS50 along with a 1911 and a revolver. This is going to be fun trying to get off the top of this building. As we're climbing down the ladder and clearing an exit to get back to our ATV we're laughing at what those poor bastards must have been thinking. All that effort to repair a chopper, thinking they are gods sitting high up in the sky and would give some poor noobs on an open roof some grief. Don't think they were counting on an AS50! Oh what terrible luck for them.

However, in true DayZ karma - I died later on and deserved it.

sweet story. this one time, we got to a russian server with a few friends, and to my surprise, i found that kamenka was on fire ( the whole thing ). me, being a fresh spawn, i decided the investigate the situation, since i had nothing to lose. a few hundred meters off kamenka i found the following :

traktor, rolled-over ship, uaz, working heli ( obviously hacked in, of course - but why not have some fun with it? )

so i get in and i went to fly around the map to pick up my friends. epic action extraction sequences ocurred, when a guy running to the chopper was being chased by no less than 15 zombies, and the machinegunner in the heli was putting them down. pretty sweet sight, actually. after 4 of us were in the chopper, we were hading to NWAF to do some looting. to my surprise, another flying chopper appeared nearby. considering the fact that i never saw 2 choppers on one server at the same time, i assumed it was a hacker who added it after we took 'their' heli. while i was trying to get to safe distance from them, the gunners were shooting the other heli with all they could.

as we were running out of fuel, we decide to land it in some safe location. we find a clearing surrounded by trees for this and i land the machine to refuel and fix later ( we managed to get shot a few times, presuming by the other heli ). we all get out, and make a fire to heal up whatever wounds we had before. then a sudden realisation - the chopper is refueled and fixed. we did not do anything to it. just landed it and got out.

that's where i drew the line and logged. no idea what happened afterwards.

screens of FYAR:

http://cloud.steampo...8F6060936A6E53/

http://cloud.steampo...449CB34D71ECB6/ ( note the other - probably 3rd - chopper here )

thats odd..every hacked vehicle I have ever gotten into including a hacked heli instantly kills me. I have had death by tractor, truck, and heli because of this.

If you had the proper experience as a pilot you know you could have ejected and gotten a parachute, or you could have crash landed the helicopter. You can crash land the helicopter if you get the proper pitc and tilt if your engine is broken, and you can land if you gain altitude and a high speed if your tail rotor is broken. :P

Edited by Brightbull
  • Like 1

If you had the proper experience as a pilot you know you could have ejected and gotten a parachute, or you could have crash landed the helicopter. You can crash land the helicopter if you get the proper pitc and tilt if your engine is broken, and you can land if you gain altitude and a high speed if your tail rotor is broken. :P

Thanks for the tip, I only took that short training on the arma 2 boot camp, I thought I was handling myself okay, looks like not haha.

Lol it's so funny to see people who make posts like this. Unless you read on a 2nd grade level, you should have no problem reading that. To the OP, epic.

Uh..... I saw a bus crashed into a church....

But I did not hear any signs of a chopper, must have been before/after it all kicked off.

It was on US 1352, we own the server.

To Axz, you can thank god we didn't find you, I was focused on shooting at people at the time, just for sport.

I think it is called "Auto Rotate/Rotation", where the engine dies but you have the right pitch/collective to keep the blades spinning due to the air passing by as you are going down.

Came across a camp today, looked all neat and shiny with barbwire, sandbags, tents, v3s, uaz, pickup, heli. the whole nine yards.

The first tent i check had several thermal as50's loads of normal as50's, next tent had loads of l85 thermals, so pretty obvious this belonged to hackers.

So i decided to steal the chopper, move that to oposide side of map, found myself transport back to the camp to steal their cars,

but when i get there i hear a chopper inbound again, so me and my friend both grabbed an as50-thermal each, and start putting rounds into the chopper,

i think i must have put 30 rounds into it, and my friend hit it atleast 20 times, but no sucess, no smoke, no fire, no brimstone.

10-15 seconds later, we both get blasted by the chopper.

It seems everytime i repair a chopper with my squad we get downed by 2-5 as50 rounds, and most times I encounter choppers they never go down no matter

the amount of rounds we put into them.. sigh.. I have to admit tho, it was fun to mess about in the first chopper we stole from that camp xD