Sign in to follow this  
iShrooMs

Just bought Arma 2 CO just for DayZ, noob looking for help

Hello everyone, New player here.

I have been playing for a couple of hours now but still don't have any idea how to find weapons. I have been running around for hours and all i could find was Gas, Glass to make repairs, bandages, food, and ammo. 0 guns.

I wanted to ask the community for help, maybe i can run around with someone or a group while showing me how to play and what to do, maybe even join the group and help the team.

I am pretty good at following orders, never liked being a leader on any game.

My steam name is maybello7. send me a message, btw I work from home so most of my day is playing video games and I want to make DayZ my most played game. :)

Check any building with windows for loot. Supermarkets and churches are good spots. I would also recommend doing the basic training part of arma to get acclimated to how the control work.

Happy hunting!

• Like 1

Civilian houses, appartment buildings, stores for handguns or rifles.

Barns, stables for hatchets and rifles.

Factories, worksheds for misc. ammunition.

Edited by Dallas

Check any building with windows for loot. Supermarkets and churches are good spots. I would also recommend doing the basic training part of arma to get acclimated to how the control work.

Happy hunting!

thanks dude, I actually just pressed the prone button (similar to other games no need for a brain there) and read the controls info tab when you press esc, but im still lost. for eaxmple i press M for map and nothing comes up just a dark screen with an interface on the top left side. am i suppose to find a map first?

thanks dude, I actually just pressed the prone button (similar to other games no need for a brain there) and read the controls info tab when you press esc, but im still lost. for eaxmple i press M for map and nothing comes up just a dark screen with an interface on the top left side. am i suppose to find a map first?

Yes you have to find the map first. It will look like an ammo pouch on the ground, similar to makarov magazines. Always check the grocery store. Maps will almost always spawn there

Yes, search civilian housing, supermarkets for maps. What server are you on?

Yes, search civilian housing, supermarkets for maps. What server are you on?

I have no Idea I just jump in whatever server I find first lol I know I will eventually die. I am using DayZcommander to find servers. is there one you recommend?

Do yourself a favor and don't look at the loot maps for a while. 90% of the initial joy I had in this game was stumbling around not knowing anything about spawn locations. I will give you this one tip: check treelines for deerstands. You'll have a chance of finding military grade weapons.

I guess it bepends on your location, US if you're US :)

Where there's zombies, there's open buildings, there's loot.

Get comfortable moving around zombies, primary movement mode run crouched/walk crouched.

You'll learn which buildings yields which loot, which are enterable and how close you can get to zombies.

When you finally get a weapon, you'll have to learn how to shoot.

If you never played OFP/ArmA before, you might have to unlearn some FPS habits.

Good thing to know about zombies is they cannot run inside building so if your being chased duck inside somewhere. Once you get the hang of it they are really easy to get away from.

• Like 1

Hey man I'm by no means an expert, but I'd be down to show you some Day Z basics and group up if you're still interested :)

Skype name: ScoopJukem

(anyone can add me if they want to play)

Edited by ScoopJukem