Sign in to follow this  
chris p. bacon

Being a hero is MUCH more fun than banditry

I'm not saying that banditry doesn't have it's moments, because it certainly does. I was recently a bandit and worked hard to earn the hero skin. I was swaggering about Elektro in a populated nighttime server with my NVGs, when I came across another hero. He also had NVGs. We did the standard Q and E dance to show our good intentions, when an M107 shot rang out and struck right in front of the other hero. We both bolted into the schoolhouse. I had my L86A5 AWS, and he had a DMR. He told me to go to the roof and lie down. I went up to the top roof. The sniper was using an M107, so he couldn't land a shot anywhere near me, though I did hear a few shots go off. I thermal'd the area and found where the sniper was, to the far right of the infamous triple pine trees. He had a ghillie suit and was scoping the area with binoculars or rangefinders. I pressed L and turned on the laser-designation-thing on the gun. My DMR wielding friend took the shot, came short, then fired two more which hit the mark. The thermal reading on the sniper faded.

I scored a GPS and a ghillie suit. My new friend got a rangefinder and M9SD.

This is one of the most exciting experiences I've had so far, despite the stupidity of the sniper, and it was all thanks to the hero skin. As a bandit it was a free for all for gear. As a hero there is much less shooting on sight, and a common goal. To any of you who haven't tried out the hero skin, do it.

• Like 7

I'm going for the Hero skin. I did shoot someone out of defense because I freaked out, turns out they were a bandit but I still lost all my humanity. I do enjoy it when I come across friendly players. Gives me hope for the community. I don't think I'll ever be one of those Heros that run from city to city helping people but I still want to be a Hero who helps someone out that needs it.

killing people that kill people is okay

so, would it then be okay if I was to kill you?

The point is, we were attacked. If I attacked you and you decided to kill me it would be completely acceptable.

I honestly find banitoness better, but there is a touch of honor with the way i work, i perfer to let my prey know i'm there, and give them a chance. Rather then attacking unarmed civis, or sniping people from miles away.

The point is, we were attacked. If I attacked you and you decided to kill me it would be completely acceptable.

yes, all of that can happen while being a bandit as well

I honestly find banitoness better, but there is a touch of honor with the way i work, i perfer to let my prey know i'm there, and give them a chance. Rather then attacking unarmed civis, or sniping people from miles away.

yeah, I only kill people with weapons out. My goal in this game is to get my zombie/murder/bandit kills as high as I can. anyone with a weapon out is a threat to my goal in this game

hatchets included if you're coming at me. I don't kill unarmed people starting on the coast, that's not even fun

Edited by about40sheep

Thats a cool story, id like to be a part of that but my main wing man is just too blood thirsty and im past the point of being anywhere near positive humanity. Maybe one day :)

• Like 1

As a +29,400 hero it certainly feels a lot harder and it seems, in my opinion, a lot more skill is needed to avoid killing people than shooting on sight, therefore the rewards feel so much better whilst conducting raids/med resupplies.

I'm sure people have fun on both sides of this game, but for me there's nothing to beat the buzz of a player passing yards from you when you've got your sights aimed on his head and him not even knowing you were there.

• Like 2

I'm trying! I got to like 4800 humanity, then I had to kill a hacker out of self defence, he had friends :( they had to die, which also lowered humanity, I'm back at 1500 :(

Being a hero is really not that hard, get a friend to join you, raid a hospital and just blood bag repeatedly. Anyone else think blood bags and NOT antibiotics ought to be more rare?

Edited by vukster

Being a hero is really not that hard, get a friend to join you, raid a hospital and just blood bag repeatedly. Anyone else think blood bags and NOT antibiotics ought to be more rare?

I know, that pisses me off. Blood bags should be very rare, especially compared to antibiotics. About the time 1.7.2.5 was released, I saw some asshole shoot a guy in the leg, bloodbag him, morphine him, and repeat. I killed that guy and that's how I first became a bandit. ;)

killing people that kill people is okay

so, would it then be okay if I was to kill you?

you don'y kill people that kills people that kills people alright?

"Friendly?"

*shoots at me, so I kill him*

5 minutes later

"Friendly?"

*shoots at me, so I kill him*

Lost my hero skin finally... argh...