Steppwolf

Telephones: mobile and landlines

Hello there!

I just played some dayz and i came up with this:

Landlines: a couple of houses in every city should have telephones with specific numbers (not long). Near almoast every phone there should be a phonebook with numbers to different adresses.

there should also be some mobile phones with rare spawn and battery lenght (and a little more common chance for battery drops)

the mobile phones should also have a specific number ( can change if you log on to a server where someone has the same) and an option for vibration mode so you can sneak without your friend prank calling you.

so what do you think?

the land lines can ofcourse be used by everyone and usable for answering and making both mobile and landline calls

How would you achieve that without electricity? BTW, I think one of the main aspects of this game is/shold be the feeling of beeing disoriented or lost. Introducing such a feature would move DayZ more towards GTA.

You need electricity to run those things. There is no electricity.

EDIT: Scotty was faster. That's why he is the engineer.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 2

1. Wait for someone to run into Cherno apartment buildings

2. Call number

3. Breathe heavily

4. ???????????

5. BEANS!

• Like 2

You need electricity to run those things. There is no electricity.

EDIT: Scotty was faster. That's why he is the engineer.

AHA! you could use those old mobile suitcase telephones with lootable batteries and since some mysterious dude nailed it to the wall you would not be able pick them up.

So who is the engineer now?

• Like 1

AHA! you could use those old mobile suitcase telephones with lootable batteries and since some mysterious dude nailed it to the wall you would not be able pick them up.

So who is the engineer now?

Everyone but me, it seems.

Field telephones could be fun, though.

Not very practical since they are corded, but for camps/bases/defenses they would be great I think.

Sort of a 'forward observer' tool.

• Like 1

Hello there!

Landlines: a couple of houses in every city should have telephones with specific numbers (not long). Near almoast every phone there should be a phonebook with numbers to different adresses.

there should also be some mobile phones with rare spawn and battery lenght (and a little more common chance for battery drops)

the mobile phones should also have a specific number ( can change if you log on to a server where someone has the same) and an option for vibration mode so you can sneak without your friend prank calling you.

so what do you think?

I love your enthusiasm.... but.... Thumbs down lol... Why would you need a phone???? Use skype.....

The only thing I would use a mobile phone or mobile phone battery for is to either distract a zombie or throw it through some glass...

Or ....throw it at you repetively until you die...

Hello there!

so what do you think?

And where, pray tell, would you find the cell towers for these phones? The power to supply those towers? If these are satellite phones, why would you think that there would still be the physical infrastructure on the ground to support the satellites?