ericdude88

Randomly died...

WTF....While looting barracks on my 5 day old character fully loaded with the best equipment you need I went from 12000 blood instantly to -15000 blood...I heard no gunshots, no nothing. Just randomly died while running into a room...

Don't tell me I just lost all that shit to a glitch...

Is there any gun that is silenced and can do 27000 worth of blood damage in 1 shot?

Please tell me there is...Otherwise I really don't see the point in playing this game anymore and I'm telling my friend to cancel his Arma order..

I've been sniped and had something similar happen to me. went from 12k to like -10k, heard no sound at all. Only knew I was sniped because I asked in chat and got a reply from my killer

When you instantly die I've noticed all sound goes out the window for a brief moment. It's happened to me you were probably sniped.

If it is a glitch repeat after me. ALLLLLLLPPPPHHHHAAAA. Don't get mad over glitches in a game that is in it's Alpha testing stages. Shit happens. At least you didn't log into the ocean to have everything gone anyways, or log into your character being starved to death passed out then die. Sound's like you were shot fair and square, so I wouldn't quit over 1 life being loss.

What? I thought sniper rifles were the loudest ingame! Also I scouted the CRAP out of this area before entering...

And some snipers I hear take 2 shots or more at long range on a full blood survivor. So wtf does this only take .5 of a shot's damage to kill me? Is this the M107 Anti-Material rifle that I got shot by? (which, by the way I shold've heard because ITS LOUD AS FUCK)

Also, while I died I was running through a room, maybe the door glitch? I hope not though..Because that destroys all incentive for me to play anymore, knowing I died to a stupid glitch and lost all that progress...

Man, and if it was a sniper then maybe it lagged...either way, I died unfairly. I got stuck while running through the door as well. I guess lag killed me, and that pisses me off just as much as if I were to be killed by a glitch/bug.

I'm going to do all-out server hopping and loot map cheating if I am to play this game again in order to recover my unfairly lost previous status.

Fuck playing legit if the game can fuck you over that easily.

Welcome to DayZ newbie, enjoy your stay

What? I thought sniper rifles were the loudest ingame! Also I scouted the CRAP out of this area before entering...

And some snipers I hear take 2 shots or more at long range on a full blood survivor. So wtf does this only take .5 of a shot's damage to kill me? Is this the M107 Anti-Material rifle that I got shot by? (which' date=' by the way I shold've heard because ITS LOUD AS FUCK)

Also, while I died I was running through a room, maybe the door glitch? I hope not though..Because that destroys all incentive for me to play anymore, knowing I died to a stupid glitch and lost all that progress...

Man, and if it was a sniper then maybe it lagged...either way, I died unfairly. I got stuck while running through the door as well. I guess lag killed me, and that pisses me off just as much as if I were to be killed by a glitch/bug.

I'm going to do all-out server hopping and loot map cheating if I am to play this game again in order to recover my unfairly lost previous status.

[/quote']

It is possible someone threw a grenade into the building as well. When you are killed by them, especially in DayZ, they glitch out and you just fall over dead with no confirmation. And don't act like that isn't how you got your loot anyway. Cool your jets champ. ALPHA!

From the sound of OP's last post I'd be happy to see you off now. You didn't die unfairly, again this is APLHA. Nothing is going to kill you unfairly. You are playing this game knowing it is Alpha and bugs/glitches are everywhere and common.

Sounds to me that you might have ping higher than 100ms. In which case you thought you were in the room when in real time you might of JUST been entering because of your ms server side. If you aim in this game anyone can kill you in 1 shot (maybe not every gun) but I know for a fact with a sniper or even a regular rifle, a shot to the head = death.

Nah Glycerine. I got all my loot LEGIT. I liked immersion so I hated to cheat and go into server hopping warpzones for loot, because that way the game gets boring fast. I wanted to actually feel proud of getting what I got.

However, dying out of nowhere really kills that immersion. I literally just dropped dead and lost 27000 blood. So now, IF I'm gonna get back playing (and I sure as hell don't feel like i'd want to play right now or in the near future) I'm just gonna go cheap ass just like this game has on me.

And no one has answered me. Is there a silenced weapon that can take 27000 blood's worth of damage in 1 shot? I doubt it, and that is exactly why I think a bug killed me.

If you guys can prove that it was a sniper, then I have more reason to stay but I highly doubt it..

Nah Glycerine. I got all my loot LEGIT. I liked immersion so I hated to cheat and go into server hopping warpzones for loot' date=' because that way the game gets boring fast. I wanted to actually feel proud of getting what I got.

However, dying out of nowhere really kills that immersion. I literally just dropped dead and lost 27000 blood. So now, IF I'm gonna get back playing (and I sure as hell don't feel like i'd want to play right now or in the near future) I'm just gonna go cheap ass just like this game has on me.

And no one has answered me. Is there a silenced weapon that can take 27000 blood's worth of damage in 1 shot? I doubt it, and that is exactly why I think a bug killed me.

If you guys can prove that it was a sniper, then I have more reason to stay but I highly doubt it..

[/quote']

I lost a motorcycle to desyncing(it exploded from being hit by my buddy) and a V3S to a scriptkiddie all in the same night. Suck it up and deal with it. Start fresh.

Gimme an A!

Gimme an L!

Gimme a P!

You know the rest...

Sucks you died dude but chill the hell out.

I went from 12000 to -46883 whilst inside one of the buildings with no shot sound. Is that likely to be a shot to the head?

Well, losing vehicles is not nearly as bad as losing the entire character.

But I guess I should just calm down and start fresh. Game was getting old when you're so well armed anyway.

TBH, I just made this thread so that I can have peace of mind by someone confirming to me that It was another player that killed me rather than a stupid glitch/bug.

I'd still feel immersed that way, but the very thought that I dropped dead to a bug unsettles me greatly and destroys that immersion utterly.

Does anyone have a sniper rifle damage table so I can see if a gun can actually do 27000 HP damage in 1 shot?!

Well' date=' losing vehicles is not nearly as bad as losing the entire character.

But I guess I should just calm down and start fresh. Game was getting old when you're so well armed anyway.

TBH, I just made this thread so that I can have peace of mind by someone confirming to me that It was another player that killed me rather than a stupid glitch/bug.

I'd still feel immersed that way, but the very thought that I dropped dead to a bug unsettles me greatly and destroys that immersion utterly.

Does anyone have a sniper rifle damage table so I can see if a gun can actually do 27000 HP damage in 1 shot?!

[/quote']

Our group lost all of the supplies in the V3S and 2 of us died. Just start again, it isn't that bad. Like you said, being armed to the teeth ruins the fun and turns the game into player hunter/vehicle finding simulator.

Yeah you're right Glycerine, thanks for the encouragement. Am calm, will restart.

And some snipers I hear take 2 shots or more at long range on a full blood survivor. So wtf does this only take .5 of a shot's damage to kill me? Is this the M107 Anti-Material rifle that I got shot by? (which' date=' by the way I shold've heard because ITS LOUD AS FUCK)

[/quote']

yeah chances are if he got your from a distance chances are you would've hear the shot till your dead anyways bullets travel faster the sound

Yeah, it really pisses me off in RL, when I get shot 4-5 times in mah head and then DIE!

Aweful, aweful, awfelnezz!

Alpha. Alpha. Alpha. Oh yeah, welcome to Arma, where you can die just like in RL with one bullet.

WTF....While looting barracks......

/thread

Yeah, I thought the same. Barracks = sniper.

My thoughts exactly, as BwickFS39 said above.

If you're shot even by a battleship-mounted rail gun, you don't hear your impending doom until you're already long dead. The projectiles of most high-energy weapons (I'm counting sniper rifles here for the most part) travel faster than sound so there's a delay for the "bang" and the bullet hitting you, or close to you.

AFAIK, ArmA II simulates the delay just fine. Haven't tested it but it looked like it was so when I observed someone shooting zombies in a pinch.

even if it is a bug it is no reason to leave the game forever. you are playing a game that is not even close to being finished there is going to be bugs. maybe you should man up and just accept that you will die its the point of the game

I'm still amazed at the amount of people who just buy Arma II to play DayZ, and think they are entitled to boss around Rocket.

Sad, sad little newbies.

This happened to me when I was in a house with no windows pointed at me, i either got shot through a wall or the zombie which appeared beside me took my m4 1911 and then decided I couldn't have my pack even though it was on my body.

(found a bike and hauled ass back to my old 40 hours of play corpse.)

I'm going to say this guy sounds legit, something extremely fucking weird like this happened to a group of 3 of us today...We were in pretty thick forest, didn't see anyone around, not on scan or anything, highly doubt we were "followed".

Suddenly one guy just makes a noise, broken bone, bleeding. He goes under a tree heals and suddenly drops dead...Not one of the three of us once heard a gunshot of any type, or even the sound of a bullet, you can even hear silenced M4 shots most of the time so it didn't sound like a silenced weapon. He said there was no snap or anything like when you're shot to indicate he actually took fire.

Also even if he died and there's a delay in sound over distance, wouldn't the remaining two of us still hear the sound since we were alive?

Also the other two of us just never took any fire or any damage. If this is a glitch it needs to atleast be noted, cause it confused the hell out of us.