malau (DayZ)

Infected Clothing (suit) aids stealth against Zeds

This was a suggestion by another person over at the DayZ dev heaven (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/42588)

He was talking about the implementation of smell for Zombies, and later added the idea of the 'Infected Clothing'

"Infected Clothing"

Looks like one of the outfits the civilian zeds wear. While wearing it, players would "smell like an infected" and all that entails, such as greatly reducing zeds detecting them via scent, and causing animals to react to them in whatever way they normally react to infected when/if special animal behavior gets added. As a downside, increases chance of becoming sick.

END QUOTE

Even if smell is never implemented, as a visual trick to fool the Zombies into ignoring you it would be excellent too.

• Like 2

I agree, having a way to fool the zombies instead of just having to either run through and LOS them or stealth around hoping they dont see you, would be amazing. I have a feeling we may see something similar to this idea in the standalone eventually, and maybe the mod if we are lucky.

• Like 1

this actually is a good idea, If they added this concept in I think this could almost make players oblivious to pkers that only shoot players, I mean this in the way that you don't waste precious as50 NATO ammo on zombies, now if they added in a zombie walk things would get interesting in cherno...

• Like 1

Yes, if Rocket really is altering their AI pathing so that they CAN run inside buildings WITHOUT adding proper stealth to allow a player to avoid being seen, then the Zombie annoyance level will go through the roof. Even allowing the player to prone and play dead should at least be an option to fool zombies.

playing dead would be an interesting concept, now if they added something like fly attractant to make the fly noise that would be the best trap