B0SSMANN (DayZ)

Removing High Powered Weapons and Silenced Weapons

Yeah us Brits will be so screwed when the zombies come....we really should be putting firearms in the hands of every mentally unstable idiot who wants one... what on earth are we thinking!

Don't forget stopping for tea at 4pm' date=' lol :P

[/quote']

'fraid you missed out the biscuits there. Just saying.

OP really stepped in it there.

You've touched the manliness nerve on a lot of the playerbase. They are way too attached to those weapons' date=' and don't care that they are WAY over represented in the hands of players. It's realistic! I believe, however, that having fewer high powered weapons would make for a better game....

Also, all of the "ME KNOW ABOUT REAL GUNZ DURR" people are going to start posting ammo specs and talking about grain weights and stuff.

[/quote']

Are you dumb? And as far as the Military grade weapons goes it all depends on the mission of the Avarage Infmen Some carry m14's as a PDM role or part of an SKT so with that being said i wouldent find it hard to belive these weapons would be around since the ARMY's SOP for a break down in coms is to Regroup at a COB before pushing back out meaning we abandon equipment that isent deamed mission critical a few m4's albeit waste of tax money isent going to crush the Unit if leaving them means they can regoup quicker.

I guess they don't teach proper grammar in the military. That entire block of text was two sentences believe it or not.

He was referencing suppressors as not being available to the average infantrymen, which is correct. However, it's overridden by the fact that ARMA features SOF like FORECON and SF... which regularly use suppressors.

Either way, suppressors are becoming less and less of a luxury item, as I've seen regular Army troops employ them occasionally. The point is that all of the items present in Day Z are reasonable.

Ya this is a horrible idea. I can see a reduction in sniper rifles and scilenced weapons but not all military weapons. However optics on most weapons are pretty common these days while not sniper rifles it's rather typical.

All this should be removed' date=' you devs preach about how important realism is and by keeping it close to reality as possible, how often would you be able to find weapons such as these in a Zed feasted world?

[/quote']

Considering you can buy military grade weapons in more than a few states in the US, I'd say the chances are good. Though DayZ doesn't take place in the US, there obviously was a large military presence during the outbreak.

Do I believe military grade weapons are too numerous? No, but they are too easy to find.

Should they be removed entirely? Absolutely not.

There is an inherent risk with going to a military base to loot weapons, but it seems that most everyone that plays DayZ knows where to go to always find good guns. Perhaps there should be the same number of weapon spawns, but make the placement far more random. Instead of knowing to just head to the nearest airfield, players would need to look for broken down Humvees that spawn similarly to the crashed choppers.

You've touched the manliness nerve on a lot of the playerbase. They are way too attached to those weapons' date=' and don't care that they are WAY over represented in the hands of players. It's realistic! I believe, however, that having fewer high powered weapons would make for a better game....

Also, all of the "ME KNOW ABOUT REAL GUNZ DURR" people are going to start posting ammo specs and talking about grain weights and stuff.

[/quote']

Are you dumb? And as far as the Military grade weapons goes it all depends on the mission of the Avarage Infmen Some carry m14's as a PDM role or part of an SKT so with that being said i wouldent find it hard to belive these weapons would be around since the ARMY's SOP for a break down in coms is to Regroup at a COB before pushing back out meaning we abandon equipment that isent deamed mission critical a few m4's albeit waste of tax money isent going to crush the Unit if leaving them means they can regoup quicker.

I guess they don't teach proper grammar in the military. That entire block of text was two sentences believe it or not.

He was referencing suppressors as not being available to the average infantrymen, which is correct. However, it's overridden by the fact that ARMA features SOF like FORECON and SF... which regularly use suppressors.

Either way, suppressors are becoming less and less of a luxury item, as I've seen regular Army troops employ them occasionally. The point is that all of the items present in Day Z are reasonable.

Actully we were issued M4Cqb's in iraq for a mission So again i was simply stating its all dependent on the mission and yes my typing does suck thats why people like you do support jobs and guys like me are on a Line unit :)

[/quote']

Actully we were issued M4Cqb's in iraq for a mission So again i was simply stating its all dependent on the mission and yes my typing does suck thats why people like you do support jobs and guys like me are on a Line unit :)

Mk 18's? Never heard of anything outside SEALs and SF using the Mk 18, though I've seen it with some random Guard troops for some reason. Even so, the SOPMOD Block II kit is becoming so muddled with the wonderful freedom that the Army's given the troops in terms of weapon usage. Largely due to the ignorance on the unit level of TRADOC's ridiculous policies, like the one "banning" PMAGs. It's all up to the individual operator, yes. That doesn't really have anything to do with the OP unfortunately.

See, I can throw around acronyms too... doesn't make what I just said relevant.

I'm not in the military, merely raised around it, so don't pull the grunt vs. pogue dish. I don't identify as either and don't care. Trying to snag a job in intelligence.

I have plenty of friends in the military, varying from a Scout Sniper in the Marine Corps, several officers in the Army, to an airman in PGM in the Air Force... none of whom have a problem typing. It's not like the early 90's where nobody knows how to type.

Either way, on point, we're not measuring our military knowledge dicks here. We're talking about how the weapon distribution effects Day Z and whether or not it's reasonable. My criticism of you, stems from the fact that you called some person "dumb", then made an irrelevant point in the form of one massive run-on sentence.

The game should have a filter. If an American comes into a loot area there higher changes of AR's' date=' AK's, scoped rifles, tactical shotguns, and 1911's spawning.

If an Australian goes into the loot area shotguns have a chance of spawning and some handguns.

If British person goes into a loot spawn some airsoft guns, safe butter knives, and marbles will spawn.

Right now I carry the weapons I have at my house that I would use if zombies came. An M4 with an aimpoint and a 1911. Only thing is mine doesnt have full auto, just semi.

[/quote']

Yeah us Brits will be so screwed when the zombies come....we really should be putting firearms in the hands of every mentally unstable idiot who wants one... what on earth are we thinking!

Oh no another person who has been fed lies and believes them.

Why does crime go up with stricter gun control?

Look at Switzerland. They have one of the lowest crime rates, yet the highest firearm ownership. Infact they have way more machines guns and suppressors then the US. Criminals are afraid to break into a house when they know there is someone with a rifle in there, trained to use it.

The game should have a filter. If an American comes into a loot area there higher changes of AR's' date=' AK's, scoped rifles, tactical shotguns, and 1911's spawning.

If an Australian goes into the loot area shotguns have a chance of spawning and some handguns.

If British person goes into a loot spawn some airsoft guns, safe butter knives, and marbles will spawn.

Right now I carry the weapons I have at my house that I would use if zombies came. An M4 with an aimpoint and a 1911. Only thing is mine doesnt have full auto, just semi.

[/quote']

Oh no another person who has been fed lies and believes them.

Why does crime go up with stricter gun control?

Look at Switzerland. They have one of the lowest crime rates, yet the highest firearm ownership. Infact they have way more machines guns and suppressors then the US. Criminals are afraid to break into a house when they know there is someone with a rifle in there, trained to use it.

Yemen has a higher weapon per 100 people than Switzerland, yet they're embroiled in a burgeoning civil war and Al-Qaeda practically owns the north. Switzerland's low crime rate is more likely owed to a fairly homogenous population, little wealth disparity, immigrant empowerment, and universal military conscription.

Conversely, Japan has one of the lowest crime rates of any first-world country. It has stringent gun control and regulation. So, if one looks at the variance in statistics between crime and gun control/rights... one can surmise that the two rarely coincide at all. So there is really no pro or con argument for gun control/rights from a crime perspective.

I personally, am a proponent of prudent firearm rights. Yeah, there are people who will retort sarcastically at gun rights, but there's a proper way to go about gun rights and an improper way.

Firearm ownership is rarely the sole, or even a major correlate to crime, when other social issues are taken into account.

But that's neither here nor there.

Switzerland = enlisted men trained to use and store weapons correctly and a fairly enlightened wealth distribution in their society, and they still have the highest gun death rate in Europe.

Gotta love the old corporate-brain-washing-since-birth, it never gets old :)

You notice all of the broken down Hummers and the many military bases around? Considering the entire scenario takes place in an area that was a hotbed of military activity I would say it isn't that unrealistic at all that these weapons are in the game.

This. ^

Nothing to see here.

Obviously a foreign advanced military force was put in the area, trying to contain the infestation - and failed miserably - zombies doesn't eat weapons.

Aside from the roleplay; Techy hardware is a appealing factor to most players and probably shouldn't be removed.

you devs preach about how important realism is and by keeping it close to reality as possible

No they don't. What are you talking about? I've never seen any of them say anything of the sort.