B0SSMANN (DayZ)

Removing High Powered Weapons and Silenced Weapons

I understand that a lot of the players here will not like this thread but as a alpha tester I feel it's my duty to report this. I'll keep it short and sweet with that said flame suit on!

I’m talking about removing every single sniper rifle except the CZ550. Also removing all SD guns and all Machine Guns and high end Assault rifles.

All this should be removed, you devs preach about how important realism is and by keeping it close to reality as possible, how often would you be able to find weapons such as these in a Zed feasted world?

You notice all of the broken down Hummers and the many military bases around? Considering the entire scenario takes place in an area that was a hotbed of military activity I would say it isn't that unrealistic at all that these weapons are in the game.

Im with Migalouch on this one, not signed.

First reply pretty much summed up this one. The realism is simple, the weapons are found on military vehicles or in military-like structures for the most part. It is believable that some weaponry would be left behind.

First reply pretty much summed up this one. The realism is simple' date=' the weapons are found on military vehicles or in military-like structures for the most part. It is believable that some weaponry would be left behind.

[/quote']

It's rather unrealistic to find military weapons in medical tents. In such a situation nobody would leave their weapons behind. You'd rather find them on dead bodies.

Thus I agree with the OP. Military weapons are way to common (Same goes for ammunition). You find AKs in nearly every deerstand. Come on, even in soviet russia this is very unlikely. Assault rifles/military grade weaponry should be limited to crashed helis only. Suppressed weapons should be removed entirely.

No. I do believe they should be more rare, but removing them is stupid.

The military has a presence in Chernarus, thus, one can find military-grade weapons.

Even in a country with little military presence, but relatively reasonable gun laws... you'll find assault rifles in many households.

Realism.

Yeah and those weapons would be most probably locked down or be in use by their owners. Same goes for military weapons. And for suppressed weapons there is no excuse at all. They are just not available for standard Infantrymen.

Inb4 "Carebear HurrDurr": Personally i carry an M4 CCO SD. It is clearly the most useful and therefore most powerful weapon in this game. Period.

There are something like 150000000 AKs in existance

Chernarus is a warzone in the Eastern Bloc

There will be AKs

should there be DMRs etc? yes

are they too common? no

Yeah and those weapons would be most probably locked down or be in use by their owners. Same goes for military weapons. And for suppressed weapons there is no excuse at all. They are just not available for standard Infantrymen.

Inb4 "Carebear HurrDurr": Personally i carry an M4 CCO SD. It is clearly the most useful and therefore most powerful weapon in this game. Period.

There are armories at military installations that always have weapons in stock, even armorers that are deployed have weapons in the shop.

Yeah, they're locked down... at military installations. Hence why you have to hike up to the NWAF and dodge zombies and bandits to get them. There's a clear risk/reward dynamic. Lockable doors don't exist to my knowledge in ARMA.

Furthermore, there has to be some level of "Game" mechanics. Obviously, in a supermarket, the food would be on the shelves... but alas... due to the way loot works... it's in piles on the floor.

Even if civilian weapons "are in use by their users", well... I don't see any NPC's that aren't zombies. They're either dead, or infected. Thus, they'd have dropped their weapons... hence why we can find them occasionally in barns.

As for suppressors, in a country like America, they're legal... and many firearm owners and firearm shops have/sell them. This is Chernarus, a fictional land "based" off of Eastern Europe. Vanilla ARMA 2 features several SOF units, like FORECON and SF... so it's reasonable to surmise that these units -could- have been present in Chernarus during the zombie infestation.

Furthermore, Rocket has stated the logic behind the UH-1Y crashes... something along the line of, NATO forces were inbound to help and crashed. So, seeing suppressors isn't unreasonable. We see them on the VAST minority of weapons, I have yet to come across anything other than an MP5SD and an M9SD. There are also limitations with how attachments work too, like the M4 SD is it's own weapon. Rather than finding an M4, and attaching a suppressor later.

Succinctly put, the presence of the weapons we see currently can easily be explained. The spawns might need some slight tweaking, but I like my AR's just fine the way they are and the game certainly doesn't suffer for it.

I understand that a lot of the players here will not like this thread but as a alpha tester I feel it's my duty to report this. I'll keep it short and sweet with that said flame suit on!

I’m talking about removing every single sniper rifle except the CZ550. Also removing all SD guns and all Machine Guns and high end Assault rifles.

All this should be removed' date=' you devs preach about how important realism is and by keeping it close to reality as possible, how often would you be able to find weapons such as these in a Zed feasted world?

[/quote']

If the military tried to stop the zeds and were overrunned then these weapons would be everywhere.

I really dont feel that good guns are too company anyway. I've had to have played for 100hrs+ already. Maybe even more. I personally have never found an M4/M16. Both of my M4's came from my group of 15-20 people. I've only found AK's

The Accuracy International AW super magnum is a modified civilian target match rifle and the first model AI produced stays within the bolt operated 5 round mag limit as defined by british competitive rules.

Yup.

Surprised me too.

All this should be removed' date=' you devs preach about how important realism is and by keeping it close to reality as possible, how often would you be able to find weapons such as these in a Zed feasted world?

[/quote']

I know this takes place in russia.... so the following statement might not be so sound.... but in The united states there is a gun for.... every 3rd person is it? 90% of the people own guns? Something like that, Im sure some overly critical kid will pop off with the statistic and how im an idiot/moron, I Digress.... In any nation, with the large numbers of human/drug/weapon/information trafficking the number of weapons to assure your 'product' makes it to the 'buyer' is astounding. . . Imagine the guns in America that AREN't accounted for..... I know people with All sorts of Military Weapons. I dont think it would honestly be to hard to find weapons especially if most of the people who owned them probably died and left em behind as they shambled off to their new life of brains and guts.

I'd like to know what country you live in; in the US there are lots of M4 style AR rifles floating around as well as tonnes of pistols and many many hunting rifles and shot guns.

Canada to a lesser extent is the same thing, this is where I live. I've got two AR-15s different configurations and toys and useless shit hanging off of them just for fun, as well as a Mossberg shotgun and some other shit. (And I get to shoot as a part of my job which is awesome) And if FALs weren't prohib here I'd have one so I'm waiting on some other 308 (read high power) toys to become available..

You have to remember this is post soviet Russia we're talking about as well. There would be lots of AKs around. If you felt like it the fluff could include that there was an abandoned bunker /storage warehouse that was raided and that is how these weapons got out.

OP really stepped in it there.

You've touched the manliness nerve on a lot of the playerbase. They are way too attached to those weapons, and don't care that they are WAY over represented in the hands of players. It's realistic! I believe, however, that having fewer high powered weapons would make for a better game....

Also, all of the "ME KNOW ABOUT REAL GUNZ DURR" people are going to start posting ammo specs and talking about grain weights and stuff.

You've touched the manliness nerve on a lot of the playerbase. They are way too attached to those weapons' date=' and don't care that they are WAY over represented in the hands of players. It's realistic! I believe, however, that having fewer high powered weapons would make for a better game....

Also, all of the "ME KNOW ABOUT REAL GUNZ DURR" people are going to start posting ammo specs and talking about grain weights and stuff.

[/quote']

Are you dumb? And as far as the Military grade weapons goes it all depends on the mission of the Avarage Infmen Some carry m14's as a PDM role or part of an SKT so with that being said i wouldent find it hard to belive these weapons would be around since the ARMY's SOP for a break down in coms is to Regroup at a COB before pushing back out meaning we abandon equipment that isent deamed mission critical a few m4's albeit waste of tax money isent going to crush the Unit if leaving them means they can regoup quicker.

You've touched the manliness nerve on a lot of the playerbase. They are way too attached to those weapons' date=' and don't care that they are WAY over represented in the hands of players. It's realistic! I believe, however, that having fewer high powered weapons would make for a better game....

[/quote']

I agree to an extent.... so to the post above me, I dont think this individual is dumb.

I would like a spot fewer of the higher powered guns and perhaps sprinkle in a bit more of the lower powered guns.

Or keep all the guns but drastically reduce ammunition. Im low on m1911 and my ENTIRE mindset has changed. When I have full ammo and Back up.... tsk nigga I just dont give a fuck. When Im low however..... well shit.... If I get into a firefight and Here 'click click' Im fucked.

Shitttt even add MORE Guns..... ALL guns..... Just reduce ammo preez. Reduce it to the point that we can use it as currency. OH AND NEVER ADD CURRENCY.... just add things we can trade. Oh.... and bro lemme tell you about my Military record, the guns I've shot, How I hunt In real life, How I gut Deer and jerk off to gun magazines. Yeah man 7.62mm (I kid I kid I have a 30-06 and a 12 Guage. Im proficient with both. Don't ask me shit about technicalities cuz frankly whether you jack it to how much you know about guns.... or cars.... if you get over enthused about ANYTHING.....i it just makes you kind of a douche) Almost as if lets say someone who burns bud a lot talked about it in every post and made his forum name something about it..... shits just douchey.

The game should have a filter. If an American comes into a loot area there higher changes of AR's, AK's, scoped rifles, tactical shotguns, and 1911's spawning.

If an Australian goes into the loot area shotguns have a chance of spawning and some handguns.

If British person goes into a loot spawn some airsoft guns, safe butter knives, and marbles will spawn.

Right now I carry the weapons I have at my house that I would use if zombies came. An M4 with an aimpoint and a 1911. Only thing is mine doesnt have full auto, just semi.

The game should have a filter. If an American comes into a loot area there higher changes of AR's' date=' AK's, scoped rifles, tactical shotguns, and 1911's spawning.

If an Australian goes into the loot area shotguns have a chance of spawning and some handguns.

If British person goes into a loot spawn some airsoft guns, safe butter knives, and marbles will spawn.

Right now I carry the weapons I have at my house that I would use if zombies came. An M4 with an aimpoint and a 1911. Only thing is mine doesnt have full auto, just semi.

[/quote']

Yeah us Brits will be so screwed when the zombies come....we really should be putting firearms in the hands of every mentally unstable idiot who wants one... what on earth are we thinking!

Yeah us Brits will be so screwed when the zombies come....we really should be putting firearms in the hands of every mentally unstable idiot who wants one... what on earth are we thinking!

Don't forget stopping for tea at 4pm, lol :P