Sign in to follow this  
zebra0371

How many of you are actually prepared for a real zombie outbreak???

There are a few things that worry me though about being prepared. I am a bit older for one, and my eyesight isnt what it use to be, I need glasses and that could be difficult to deal with in a prepper scenario.

I would love to get laser corrective surgery.

I also worry about security. I live out in the middle of no where, but I only have a ~5 foot chainlink fence around my land, and unfortunately I cant afford to put up a brick wall for an area that big.

Havent really come up with a good solution to that except to build an inner wall just around the house. The other thing I thought about was to build a treehouse.

Have to hear me out on that one. The nearest town to my area has a small population right? so assuming 1/2 the population were to flee before a big outbreak. That leaves me with 2500 potential zombies. I have more then enough ammo to deal with that many in theory(Around 20,000 rounds). I could sit up in my tree house and just wipe them all out. The problem is what to do with all the zombie bodies that would be left over.

My father owns thousands of rounds, over 60 different firearms and we both know how to use them effectively. I also have a copy of Max Brooks's Zombie Survival Guide stored away.

My mother knows a LOT of the environment and health, so she's handing. I am fast and fit. I know how to drive various cars and motorcycles. As well as a bike [<3].

We live in a small town, so we would have time to prepare. I'd probably take my M9 Beretta, my .22 10 round handgun [ammo is easy to find and is light], my Ruger M77 308, a .357 magnum and some other useful firearms.

Pistols are the worst possible choice for dealing with zombies. Do you really want to get that close? I'd keep the .22 pistol for last ditch holdouts and roll with a 30 caliber semi auto rifle for my main. Of course you want to be packing a nice sharpened machete or hatchet.

As awesome as a lot folks think they are, they would be mentally crushed in a matter of days in the event of a Global-Scale catastrophe.

Heck, many could not handle the internet being down for a few days.

How on earth pple don't see that guns are not important against z's. you need an armored shield wielding wall that can contain physically z's while they are put down by a squad of skilled brainers.

guns and shit can help but for z's the more pple that can sustain a rush and the more pple that can get rid of z's quickly the better. Gunners will be better against bandits and so. But for zeds gimme melee all the way.

A roman phalanx would work wonders in this case.

(thumbs up for americans who know what a phalanx is!)

Romans didn't use phalanxes guy, it was the Greeks. BIG difference between hoplite phalanx warfare and Roman heavy infantry equipment and tactics.

Sorry for the harsh reply, im a normaly a mellow person, you have my beans, if any left, zombies knocking on my door would freak me out too.

Massively.

sorry for things said.

just be ready all

srry for namecallin, butt,.............. puss

Whatever bro. I feel survival only has a point if there is something to survive for. In an apocalypse scenario, be it undead, nuclear fallout, dinosaur killer impact or super deadly plague your survival existence would essentially be that of the novel/film The Road. Completely hopeless. Survival isn't enough, there would be no quality of life to that life and so it would not be worth living.

In a disaster situation, that is completely different. You can rebuild and live again. Squatting in the bush, hiding from cannibal freaks, eating expired canned food for the rest of your miserable life?... no thanks.

• Like 1

There are a few things that worry me though about being prepared. I am a bit older for one, and my eyesight isnt what it use to be, I need glasses and that could be difficult to deal with in a prepper scenario.

I would love to get laser corrective surgery.

I also worry about security. I live out in the middle of no where, but I only have a ~5 foot chainlink fence around my land, and unfortunately I cant afford to put up a brick wall for an area that big.

Havent really come up with a good solution to that except to build an inner wall just around the house. The other thing I thought about was to build a treehouse.

Have to hear me out on that one. The nearest town to my area has a small population right? so assuming 1/2 the population were to flee before a big outbreak. That leaves me with 2500 potential zombies. I have more then enough ammo to deal with that many in theory(Around 20,000 rounds). I could sit up in my tree house and just wipe them all out. The problem is what to do with all the zombie bodies that would be left over.

Here's an idea: rent a backhoe or bobcat and dig out a 10x10 foot trench around your property and fit sharpened stakes in and around it. Fill it up with flamable material like brush soaked in diesel oil and you'll have one hell of an obstacle for anyone to get over. You could build a berm on your side of the trench with the excavated dirt to make it more secure and imposing. Prepare firing positions along the berm every 20 meters or so and you're good.

Of course, you might not want a large WW1 style fortification on your property but it would do the trick. :)

Whatever bro. I feel survival only has a point if there is something to survive for. In an apocalypse scenario, be it undead, nuclear fallout, dinosaur killer impact or super deadly plague your survival existence would essentially be that of the novel/film The Road. Completely hopeless. Survival isn't enough, there would be no quality of life to that life and so it would not be worth living.

In a disaster situation, that is completely different. You can rebuild and live again. Squatting in the bush, hiding from cannibal freaks, eating expired canned food for the rest of your miserable life?... no thanks.

I hear you. While I would try to go on, I know everyone is different. A badass can break the first time he has to shoot someone, or watch someone they love get killed. You really do not know until a situation arises.

Plus there really is not much point in living in a world where the most likely outcome is death. Hard to stay positive in that light. My wife would want her brains blown out too btw. :P

Romans used a version of it as well as others, but yes it was a Greek thing that they barrowed.

Early Republican Rome had the eldest and most experienced veterans organized in Phalanx-like units called the Triarii, but the more well known Imperial Legions (and mid to late Republican) had done away with that in favor of standardized javelin and sword equipped heavy infantry. So... we're both right sorta.

I own several weapons, melee and ranged. I have a quality backpack with food, water, medical supplies and clothing ready to go. I have outdoors experience and the will and means to hunt for food. However, if the impossible situation occurred and there was a real zombie outbreak, I'd rather be dead. I'm more prepared for an earthquake/civil unrest scenario. The dead or infected taking over the planet? I'm checking out.

with the quote

Sorry for the harsh reply, im a normaly a mellow person, you have my beans, if any left, zombies knocking on my door would freak me out too.

Massively.

sorry for things said.

I have hundreds of pillow cases.

Let's see the bastards try to bite me when they have one of those on their head.

Preppers scare me though. Discovery ran a series of shows with a bunch of loonies 'prepping' for just about every major catastrophe known and every single one of them had guns, guns and more guns.

Ffs. One family had 60 guns in the house, strategically strapped to chairs, under tables, in the car and Dad had the local minister come in and bless the gun VAULT he kept most of them in.

40% of American adults say they have at least one gun in the house. You do the math.

Edited by EMT - Jasz

Since zombies are fictitious, there is no reason to be prepared for a "real zombie outbreak". I do, however have several firearms for the upcoming bath salts epidemic.

meh..if it comes to it i am just going to find a hill outside of town and axe a sniper..he should have everything i will ever need.

Real life reflecting art. :)

With your axe and my pillow cases we would be invincible.

(double taps CAPS-LOCK) friendly! Friendly!

Have some beans.

with the quote

Massively.

sorry for things said.

Dude it's the internet, calling me a 'puss' in a half-serious thread about zombies wasn't a harsh reply. Apology accepted though. :)

I have hundreds of pillow cases.

Let's see the bastards try to bite me when they have one of those on their head.

Preppers scare me though. Discovery ran a series of shows with a bunch of loonies 'prepping' for just about every major catastrophe known and every single one of them had guns, guns and more guns.

Ffs. One family had 60 guns in the house, strategically strapped to chairs, under tables, in the car and he had the local minister come in and bless the gun VAULT he kept most of them in.

40% of American adults say they have a gun in the house. You do the math.

Yeah, I think for at least a short while it would be like Cherno/Eletro in the States. Scary thought.

Against an invasion we'd kick some ass though.

Yeah, I think for at least a short while it would be like Cherno/Eletro in the States. Scary thought.

Against an invasion we'd kick some ass though.

Red Dawn style.(the original not the most recent version or the family guy musical version) :)

Im willing to bet on my life that a Zombie apocalypse will never happen and thus Im not prepared for it.

I seen one of those ubiquitous 'feel good factor Friday emails' recently.

It had something like.

Silhouette of stressed dude in office with a think bubble.

"bring on the zombie apocalypse.

Then I get to shoot every one of these mother fockers in the face!"

Definitely beats that damn cat 'hanging on in there'.

• Like 1

We arent all that BAD. They purposely picked the crazy ones to make the show more entertaining.

Yes I have a lot of guns and ammo. Yes I have guns in places around the house. But I dont think I need someone to come bless my guns.

Putting guns in parts of the house is more about being able to get to them if you need them, not because you are crazy. Where I live it could take the police an hour to respond. (Ive timed it a few times) if someone or something breaks into my house and my gun is sitting in a vault or gun case on the other side of the house what good does it do me.

I wear my pistol when I go outside or around town, but I dont want to wear it ALL the time. That shit is uncomfortable after a while.

P.S. THey actually asked me to be on preppers, but I turned them down. Partly because I dont need them in my business, and also because it would be incredible boring to watch me on TV.

Grrr.... stop rubbing it in. California = Jump through 12 flaming hoops in a single bound to buy a water gun.

Good news though sb 249 was defeated. /happydance

Got the equipment to survive, (Military Back pack, almost like a coyote elite, dragonforce webbing, camping equipment etc etc.. only thing i don't have is a fire arm, and being it Scotland there aint many to be found.