Sign in to follow this  
DannyGB

The Decline of DayZ

There isn't a game ever made that wasn't hacked. Do you really think this one will be special? I'll give them 48 hours and it will be back to the way it is now. If you think that's untrue you need your head looked at.

You are just a troll, as if you new anything you would see how misguided your post was.

For the millionth time, just for you.

ARMA 2 is a very script friendly engine. It is designed that way on purpose.

Day Z cannot fix that through a Mod without breaking ARMA 2 gameplay and ARMA 2 mods out there.

This has been said by Rocket, and the Guy in charge of ARMA 2

While there is never going to be a game that is 100% hack proof, going standalone will limit hackers by a lot.

Day Z runs scripts to work, so do skiddies to cheat. It is really quite simple to understand.

By going standalone they can better lock the game down, control the scripting, and make the game more stable.

They can add in security, and make changes since the engine they will be using does not rely on another game.

(Day Z is technically a "Hack" in and of itself)

• Like 1

There isn't a game ever made that wasn't hacked. Do you really think this one will be special? I'll give them 48 hours and it will be back to the way it is now. If you think that's untrue you need your head looked at.

Right now Hackers (really Skiddies) have an extremely easy target due to issues with Arma2, when the standalone is released it will cut down on hackers (Skid marks) because it will not allow the script based commands that Arma2 allows. Most of these skiddies are too stupid to understand what they are doing, so it will reduce their numbers in a significant manner. Actual hackers will still exist, but go play Battlefield 3 on PC and tell me how many times you see obvious hacking.

Then again I doubt you are stupid enough to believe the epic logic fail that you just posted.

You need to be patient and stop demanding things like a spoiled little school girl.

I'm tired of these posts so here is a bunny with a waffle on his head instead.

oolong_last_head_performance.jpg

Edited by Cyanyde

You need to be patient and stop demanding things like a spoiled little school girl.

I'm tired of these posts so here is a bunny with a waffle on his head instead.

oolong_last_head_performance.jpg

Cute

I believe the mechanics for infection were there at one point, but maybe removed to get them working right, such as temperature, as I thought I kept hearing about antibiotics you need to get if your infected, which holds back the infection or something. If the standalone fixes at least zombies being forced to walk inside, that would make them alot more dangerous right there. No more running into a building for safety after gathering a horde and then picking them off at your own pace.

I haven't been infected recently, but it's happened in the last month or so. All it does is slowly drain your blood until 6k and makes you cough. It won't actually kill you. Just hinder you. It doesn't really have any teeth to it. Basically, you catch a cold.

I agree on the building walking. That has to go in the standalone. I also just want them faster. Or at least, some of them have to be faster, because even without buildings all you have to do is find some bushes or pine trees and lose them there. Lethal zombies and the ability to use the hatchet more easily would be a nice give and take to balancing survivability. I hate that the best way to loot a town is to just ignore zombies, sprint to the grocery and medium-high values, grab shit and sprint out. I'm sure in the standalone a huge number of the current flaws will be addressed.

The premise for the game is great and my only real concern is end game. What do you do after you've got your ghillie, NVGs, GPS, Mk 48 and AS50? There's still tons of things they could do. The obvious answer is try to rebuild society. You could almost take Day Z on a sort of Travianesque angle, where if you group up you're encouraged to ally, combat with and backstab others all while the bigger your camp gets, the more savage the zombie attacks get on your fortifications. Tons of potential with this game. It'll be fun to see what they add to the standalone version.

I think through adding more features and making some things more difficult, endgame will not need to be more than you make of it.

Right now, aside from skiddies, it is pretty easy to survive, that needs fixing.

Game does have a pretty big learning curve. Just like in WOW, it's boring until endgame.

lmao are you serious?? Wow holds your hand while cupping your balls and asking you to cough.. the only learning curve is if you cannot read

artifacts so easy to fix and this is what botheres 90 percent of players.

simple matter is the devs are working on standalone 99.99999 percent of time now ready for release . i dont mind but atleast fix the artifcats .

artifacts so easy to fix and this is what botheres 90 percent of players.

simple matter is the devs are working on standalone 99.99999 percent of time now ready for release . i dont mind but atleast fix the artifcats .

You can fix the artifacting yourself by changing the graphics resolution or video memory in the options when it happens. It will happen again and you can fix it again.

Very good post Danny and I completly agree with it. If your 10 others post are as good as this one, I think I will stalk you. :P

Unless that game is radically different from this one

I read this, and then I remember the map will be "Chernarus Plus", then I laughed internally, and cried for real.