Sign in to follow this  
Dansterr

Bring back "respawn" feature

Hi i tried searching but couldnt find many topics on this.

I think the respawn feature should be brought back. Mainly because when a player dies and spawns somewhere like Krutoy cap or kamenka it just makes them mad ( i know it makes me angry) so i quit for a few days, but when we could just 'click respawn' it was a whole lot more fun, the game had a faster pace and was more intense. not knowing if the person you just killed respawned back beside you or 100 miles away. I dont quite understand why this feature was removed in the first place, could someone please tell me?

It's Alpha testing the point was to get rid of it because realistically you shouldn't even be allowed to corpse run back to your body. The respawn button was abused horrifically, people that spawned in Kamenka Kameshovo Cap golava and all those places just pressed respawn until they were in either Electro or Cherno which was stupid anyway because it didn't matter if they where they spawned if you killed someone you could be 100% sure they were coming back. Now with it disabled people either kill themselves by zombies or deal with the fact they died and start fresh.

Double post my bad

Edited by Bratalise

You wash up on the coast as an almost dead guy. Its totally fair that you respawn in a random spot. The constant respawning was making this a joke. Players were dying, then mashing the respawn button until they respawned close to their bodies so they could get all their old loot.

Suck it up and enjoy the location you are in.

• Like 1

If something like that actually made you quit for a few days you clearly don't have the patience for Day Z.

• Like 3

To be honest I agree with Dansterr.

While random spawning across the coast (or possibly map if ever implemented) is realistic. I don't believe it is implemented very well. Honestly I get quite angry spawning in some place far up or down the coast, such as Kamenka. Also for some odd reason I spawn in Kamenka 75% of the time.

I run, suicide and do it again and again til I spawn near electro or in cherno, period.

While realism is essential in the game and should be as real as possible, it needs to be implemented into the game well or it becomes an annoyance. Running for 15 minutes or more to reach a place worthy of even playing, is quite a chore. Everyone knows Cherno and Electro are the most active places, as such many players go there and many players suicide to get closer after dying.

Even your argument about it being no good because everyone would keep respawning to get the loot they had back. I do it regardless where I spawn, just because the fact that I can. Unless it is hidden or guarded.

If I wanted to be bored I'd go do chores around my house and pay bills. I shouldn't be bored because this game gives you a task you have to do that is insanely annoying. I literally start nodding out playing the game when I have to run that long if I'm playing alone.

I encourage the highest realism possible, but I believe this is not done very well.

Edited by Pandemia

The issue here is that some players find spawing in Electro and Cherno the best spot, others think its a disaster. I personally woulld like to spawn way up the east coast, or as far west as possible. These locations put me on a short run to a supermarket that are less contested, with a bunch of deerstands on the way. I actually dislike spawning in the major places as it means I have to dash through a murderous shitfight to get anywhere.

There is some holdup for legitimate players with the disabling of the respawn, but it was too much of an exploit for players trying to return to a firefight to reclaim their gear to leave in.

The issue here is that some players find spawing in Electro and Cherno the best spot, others think its a disaster. I personally woulld like to spawn way up the east coast, or as far west as possible. These locations put me on a short run to a supermarket that are less contested, with a bunch of deerstands on the way. I actually dislike spawning in the major places as it means I have to dash through a murderous shitfight to get anywhere.

There is some holdup for legitimate players with the disabling of the respawn, but it was too much of an exploit for players trying to return to a firefight to reclaim their gear to leave in.

They need to put in a better way to control it then.

It sounds to me like most of people are saying it was removed because people were trying to run back to their bodies. Fact is there is no way around that. Whether you spawn in the same town or across the map, especially if you had what you consider worthy gear to re-obtain. People will run back to it regardless, if they want it, suiciding 20 times if they have to in order to spawn closer.

Only fixes to this would be to make the same players body invisible / untouchable to the player who died. Not sure how I feel about that but yeah.

Adding back the respawn or adding in a feature to pick where you spawn would be much better. But, make the spawning point closest to the area / game cell the player died in unavailable to the player.

Edited by Pandemia

Dansterr, you won't get it back, for a simple reason. The Blockwart faction has decided on how you have to play the game. Heading for action e.g. to Elektro or Cherno is not allowed. They want you to do lonesome wolf survival or faction building.

Run through forests, fight zombies, listen to the gras growing, you name it.

Alternatively commit suicide as often as you want. Jump off lighthouses of fucking Kamenka, break legs at bridges and respawn, find zombies. Massive time wasting.

Dansterr, you won't get it back, for a simple reason. The Blockwart faction has decided on how you have to play the game. Heading for action e.g. to Elektro or Cherno is not allowed. They want you to do lonesome wolf survival or faction building.

Run through forests, fight zombies, listen to the gras growing, you name it.

Alternatively commit suicide as often as you want. Jump off lighthouses of fucking Kamenka, break legs at bridges and respawn, find zombies. Massive time wasting.

Massive time wasting? So running for 20 minutes to get where you want to start even playing is not time wasting?

I'm sorry but running through forests is insanely boring. There is nothing dangerous, nothing to do, and unless you are with someone or need/want to get somewhere else, pointless. You have to do it regardless when you want to go somewhere no matter what, that's obviously fine, but being forced to do it is stupid.

Also, fight zombies? Have you played the game? Zombies are about as scary, dangerous, or worth playing with as a hello kitty doll.

Oh noes, I spawned at the wrong spot, and I suck so much at the game and I'm such an impatient loser that I'll just run into some zeds an have them "suicide" me instead of growing a pair.

• Like 1

If you really want to work around finding your nuts and be a cheap respawner you can:

1. Wait for "Setup Complete" and then hit ESC

2. Leave the menu up until fully spawned

3. Hit "Respawn" until you're you're in the middle of Cherno or Elektro.

4. Wait for someone to kill you

The respawn button really was just abused as a means for people to get back to their stuff. The whole idea of DayZ is to not get attached to your gear; if you die you deal with it, suck it up and start again i.e. realism.

To me, spawning further away is actually fun. You can scout all the small villages, some of them even have decent loot piles, and can potentially get geared before you even reach a city giving you a distinct advantage against other new spawns in the big cities.

I didn't really read your post, but I agree with the tittle haha

It is an Alpha mod full of hackers, you can be bugged out or teleport in to the middle of the ocean or have your avatar drained from it's start off abilites i.e. walking, aiming, seeing, hearing bla bla bla.

I think it should be removed at the end of testing, but daring testing it should be there.

Just because you get killed and want to get your stuff back?? a Better idea Who dies is banned from the server forever. :D :D

Well, depends on how you look at "realism". Respawning at all is pretty surreal, if you ask me. :P But I get that you have to respawn when you die, however I'm as previously stated against suiciding just to get a better position. Also, you do get a second chance if you die to zeds, as long as your body don't disappears, so that's fair. If you truly suck at the game, you should really seek out a town and learn how to avoid zeds as a first priority.