Time Glitch

For the Love of All That Is Crossbows: QUIVERS

I hope Rocket gives the crossbow some much needed buffs like +damage to players, stacking bolt ammo, maybe iron sites that work or glow in the dark bolts or bright orange ones at best. If not I will tee-pee his house.

Agreed. Even just 2-5 per slot would be loads better than one bolt per slot.

I remember my first pvp encounter with the xbow, putting 2 bolts in a dudes chest and him turning around and cutting me in half with a AKM. :(

Agreed - give them a magazine of sorts. It might not be pretty but the weapon is utterly useless right now.

Give them bolts with flares on them for bonus points - perfect for luring away zed and confusing newbies in cherno.

Maybe replace backpack with a quiver? could be interesting..

Bolt Quiver as a magazine, reload animation after each and every round fired, test to make sure that it doesn't glitch and instantly reload if you put the weapon away and pull it back out.

Think it could work? Might make crossbows less useless.

(As far as I can tell, each bolt is treated like a magazine, which is why it takes up so much space for so many. A magazine with one round, to be clear.)

With all the great improvements in the gear menu department recently, wouldn't it be possible to create a quiver item (maybe even for toolbelt) that lets you spawn single bolts in your inventory by right clicking in gear menu (like the hatchet spawns pile of wood in your inv) with limited (lets say twelve) uses?

Now, if a gear menu right click on the single bolt could be used to restock the quivers limited uses, then that would be a solution right there.

Retrieving method for a single bolt or reloading mechanics and even the crossbow itself wouldn't need to be changed at all.

With all the great improvements in the gear menu department recently' date=' wouldn't it be possible to create a quiver item (maybe even for toolbelt) that lets you [u']spawn single bolts in your inventory by right clicking in gear menu (like the hatchet spawns pile of wood in your inv) with limited (lets say twelve) uses?

Now, if a gear menu right click on the single bolt could be used to restock the quivers limited uses, then that would be a solution right there.

Retrieving method for a single bolt or reloading mechanics and even the crossbow itself wouldn't need to be changed at all.

This would be amazing, I would love this!

Although I would limit the quiver to only be able to carry 3-5 bolts and you can only have one at a time.

YES

Im so happy abou these threads I wont even tell you how ahsamed you should be for your ineptness in using the search function.

Although I would limit the quiver to only be able to carry 3-5 bolts[...]

I agree. Considering that someone could still carry single steel bolts like he would do normally' date=' an extra quiver with more than 6 additional bolts in inv would be too much.

[...] and you can only have one at a time.

This, however, I'm not so fond of. Most crossbow player will tell you that being able to reload quickly is absolutely mandatory. If you'd have to go through the whole quiver mechanic to get the next bolt ready for reloading between shots, the crossbow would become very impractical.

Yes! I'll post yes in every damn thread if I have to!

10 slot quiver in the tools section is the way to go! Other than that 1 slot in regular inventory makes sense!