aseliot

Arma 2 Poor Performance 7950 OC

Hi i don't seem to be able to pass the goddamn captcha at the bohemia forums for whatever reason, i just dont know what it wants from me!!

Anyway, so i will post this here seeing it is kind of related and there are some people here that know more about it than i do.

I'm having very poor performance with my new videocard (name in the title yeah) and it doesnt make any sense, i've set it to low and i get 13 fps. Have no idea why, my previous 5830 could run it just fine.

Specs:

ASUS p7p55d

i7 860 @ 2,6 ghz

8 GB RAM

OCZ 120 GB SSD

Sapphire 7950 OC

Don't want to be that person but.... have you updated your drivers for the gfx card?

• Like 1

You've got terrible FPS because on low settings, most everything is run on the CPU. Turn your settings up. I've got 5k series as well and I get lower FPS on low than I do at high and very high.

i find putting your graphics higher makes it run better. I play on a GTX 570 and play with basically everything on very high with some things disabled

Don't want to be that person but.... have you updated your drivers for the gfx card?

It's weird whenever you run into a guy with the EXACT same profile pic.

I gained a lot of fps by setting it in -winxp in the launch parameters.

A lot of people have had this problem. I think it's caused by the game itself, not your graphics card power. I, for instance, have a card in the AMD 6000 series, and it runs just fine.

A lot of people have had this problem. I think it's caused by the game itself, not your graphics card power. I, for instance, have a card in the AMD 6000 series, and it runs just fine. Also, set VRAM to default.

A lot of people have had this problem. I think it's caused by the game itself, not your graphics card power. I, for instance, have a card in the AMD 6000 series, and it runs just fine. Also, set VRAM to default.

Yeah i didn't quite catch that, anyway i've fiddled for a while with the settings without any result...so im out of ideas. i have the catalyst 12.8 drivers so that should be fine.

I now have the cheaper Sapphire 7950 and DayZ runs ok on it.

Tip: Enable SSAA very high, to get smooth AA on tree trunks, housing and terrain with zero fps drop

I do have my card overclocked with Sapphire Trixx, running at 1100 MHz core and 1500 MHz memory, at 1.125 volt.

With my old 5850 and the new 7950, I sometimes get sudden 3-4 second lag, as if something suddenly was loading. Perhaps because I set some value in the config file too low, I have not found any cause for the occasional sudden drop in fps that lasts 3-4 seconds.