Ajvkorn

What is the point of the M24?

I shot a guy in the leg on top of the yellow sniper and he started to bleed. He didn't go unconscious and as far as I could tell, even get a broken leg. The DMR is ALWAYS a one shot knockout, one shot kill, but yet the counter gun that uses the SAME caliber doesn't? Is this just unlucky or is the m24 completely useless? I shot his leg because it was the only thing I could see and he just would not move out further...Even though somebody else killed him a minute or so later.

DMR isnt one shot unconscious, and only one shots with a headshot

but the m24 is in so hipster nerds can have a shit gun they can use and call everyone else bad for using efficient slaughtering machines while they only get 20% of the kills they try for.

• Like 1

M24 and DMR do the same damage. With the DMR you get semi-auto, with the M24 you get accuracy but bolt action. DMR has the NVG usability so it tends to win out.

Lol, really? The M24 is probably the most accurate rifle up to 800m. You can combine 4 m24 mags into 1 dmr mag to conserver ammo. Here's a quick tip for a noob sniper: Don't shoot for their legs...LOL. Almost all my kills with the M24 are headshots because the thing is so accurate.

I didn't miss, i frapsed it...And DMR I said is one hit knock out, not one hit kill. I know they do 8k damage. Should be two shots to kill one person with either gun, except hs. And when I prone and hold my breath, I still get some sway and that is the only gun I get that with.

edit: I guess I worded it wrong in my OP. I was trying to say, one hit to knock them out, and then one more hit to kill them. Apologies..Should take 2 shots though.

Edited by Ajvkorn

Knockout chances are randomized by hit, not a set percentage per gun. The DMR and M24 do both take 2 body shots to kill if they have over 8k blood.

I didn't miss, i frapsed it...And DMR I said is one hit knock out, not one hit kill. I know they do 8k damage. Should be two shots to kill one person with either gun, except hs. And when I prone and hold my breath, I still get some sway and that is the only gun I get that with.

edit: I guess I worded it wrong in my OP. I was trying to say, one hit to knock them out, and then one more hit to kill them. Apologies..Should take 2 shots though.

Derp. Edited by Lonrem

Problem: you didn't get the kill

Solution: be a better shot

M24 only has one level of zoom. And edward, if you aren't going to say anything, please shutup. Shooting somebody in the leg with a sniper rifle has always broken their leg and if not, well it always seems to do it to me if getting shot. Everytime I have been shot by a DMR, I have got knocked out. So either I am very unlucky with that or it's suppose to.

1. You must be a noob.

2. No sniper rifle kills someone INSTANTLY if he is being shot in the leg, unless you are using a 50. cal.

3. You shot him in the leg, says enough about your sniper skill.

4. M24 is bolt action and 30% more accurate then the DMR.

5. Most of DMR users are shit snipers and tend to spray instead of waiting and calculating a clean one shot kill, due to its semi-auto operating mode.

6. A sniper rifle is never "shit" or "bad". The weapon is as good as its operator.

Last but not least, go back to using a makarov instead of a sniper rifle. Peace.

• Like 1

The problem I have with the M24 isn't its power. It's the fact that it offers no real advantage over the CZ 550, and is harder to find/find ammo for. The bullets travel about 20 FPS faster, and its slightly easier to use thanks to it using mil-dots, but none of those seem to account for more than a stylistic choice for the average player.

• Like 1

The SVD and M24 are almost irrelevant in this game, it's quite sad really. Personally, I think we need a reason to choose the M24 and SVD over the .50cals.

I've found at least 20 .50 cal rifles on chopper sites but have only ever found 2-3 M24s and only 1 ever SVD.

There's been 2-3 situations when I've had my SVD out and have had to fire on people with extremely limited visibility or just unable to see their heads (proning away from me) and I've hit them only for them to get up and run away and log out.

These rifles need a serious buff or at least a reason to use, they're pretty much pointless.

DMR is a POS when it comes to long range shots, m24 is accurate all the way.

@jdz

If you got no rangefinder the SVD is superior to the DMR.

@amaroenuz

m24 compared to the cz550? I find DMR mags all over the place yet i struggle to find a decent amount of cz550 ammo, not only that but if you got no rangefinders you will need mildots and if I'm not mistaken the m24 bullet travels faster = better for hitting moving target.

Really when tent duping, etc is fixed and rangefinders become much rarer, the SVD (especially this baby) and m24 will shine more.

The problem I have with the M24 isn't its power. It's the fact that it offers no real advantage over the CZ 550, and is harder to find/find ammo for. The bullets travel about 20 FPS faster, and its slightly easier to use thanks to it using mil-dots, but none of those seem to account for more than a stylistic choice for the average player.

what.........

m24 ammo is the most common sniper ammo in the game BY far (4x more common than DMR if you know what i mean)

These rifles need a serious buff or at least a reason to use, they're pretty much pointless.

That's nice. Just throw them in the pile next to the shotguns and pistols. Fact is, a lot more love has been given to multiplayer sniping in ARMA II's code than the other weapons. Presumably because Arma II's devs really love that style of gameplay. The fact that there are only two sniper rifles that aren't super awesome should be the least of your concerns. They're still really good.

1. You must be a noob.

2. No sniper rifle kills someone INSTANTLY if he is being shot in the leg, unless you are using a 50. cal.

3. You shot him in the leg, says enough about your sniper skill.

4. M24 is bolt action and 30% more accurate then the DMR.

If you are going to offend somebody..PLEASEEE get your facts straight...Mmmk? I never said somebody dies with a leg shot. I SAID IT BREAKS THEIR LEG. Jesus christ people don't know how to read. If you can't read..GTFO

A DMR/m24 has always broken my leg when I was shot AND knocked me out. Once again, either I am very unlucky or it is intended to do that, And I guess you couldn't read the part where all I could see was the guys leg. I was hoping to shoot his leg, break it and have him go unconscious, but neither of these happened. The guy was able to run perfectly fine behind cover when I saw the bullet go into his leg and saw the blood pouring out.

So you god damn scrub, stfu and go kill yourself...You are a fail ass troll who I bet can't snipe worth a shit.

edit: I am not asking for a buff or anything for this gun..I just want to understand how a person's leg wasn't broken or at least knocked out when it does 7999 damage.

Edited by Ajvkorn

Style points.

Infinite ammo through mag conversion is nice too...

But mainly Style points.

Edited by Zakatak

what.........

m24 ammo is the most common sniper ammo in the game BY far (4x more common than DMR if you know what i mean)

It still requires hitting up a military spawn. You can find CZ ammo in every loot point in the game. It drops off farmer zombies too, so those are possible spawn points. Picking up a dozen or so CZ mags isn't as quick as DMR mags, but it's a lot safer an doesn't require hiking across the map.

Edited by amaROenuZ