Sign in to follow this  
YourGloriousLeader

Swapped my Winchester for an M1014...

But I swithered for a time. I had plenty of ammo for the Winchester, it takes down zeds in one shot, and is fairly quiet too. Whereas now I only have 8 shells, the M1014 is louder, and doesn't always seem to do as much damage depending on which ammo you use. I basically picked it up because it was rare, but maybe I should have stuck with the dependable Winchester?

I also have an AK74 so no biggie, but still. Any similar weapon dilemmas?

so cute how new u are to this game :P...If you can find pellets, they are stronger for the shotgun. Ak74 isn't bad though for close-medium range.

Let me add: The pellets are not for long range. You must be within 40meters for them to be truly effective where as the slugs can go further. However, if you are 10meters away from somebody, pellets should be a one shot kill as it fires 8 pellets each doing 2k damage each

Able to use both 8Rnd. Slugs, and 8Rnd. Pellets, the M1014's range varies. By using the slug ammunition it can reach effectively out to 200 meters by sacrificing damage, while the pellets reach only 40 meters with the benefit of more power.

Edited by Ajvkorn

The Winnie is an alround great zed dispenser. The only other shotgun (yeah, I know) I'd pick up, is the Remington for night operations. It's a bit louder to the zeds than the Winnie, but still relatively quiet for other players. Also, the damaged depends on your ammo. Pellets are good only up to 40 metres, whereas slugs are good up to 250 metres.

If you have a sidearm i see absolutely no need for a shotgun (inculding winnie....) when you have any kind of assault rifle. Sidearm as anti-zombie, assault rifle anti-player weapon. Winnie is a good starter weapon but you can throw it away as soon as you have an assault rifle.

And if you want the winnie back, just loot some barns, they are common as empty tin cans ;)

Edited by okami

Earlier today I ran around Elektro rocking a double-barrel shotgun shooting Zees for about an hour* and not a single person fucked with me...and they said shotguns suck.

*All acts were performed by trained professionals, no liability is accepted for any harm or loss caused by imitation of these extremely awesome actions.

Nevermind, I dumped it for an M14 AIM, I didn't trust my M1014 anyway, so w00t! Don't know why I collect these weapons, the only encounters I've ever had with survivors has gone one of two ways - getting killed instantly without seeing them, or me spotting them and hiding for an hour.

M14 is the ticket. Best gun in the game.

Yeah I'm pretty pleased with it, it was just a whim to head off into the north looking for a crash site and found one within half an hour. All I need is a full-auto rifle with a sight and some NVGs now. No doubt I'll clip through some rocks and die when I next play.

M1014 or Remington loaded with Pellets makes them the best anti-zombie weapon.

Just for the simple fact that you can kill multiple zombies with one shot and you don't even have to aim to really hit a zombie. Pellets will always kill a zombie in one hit.

I had a similar situation with higher end gear today. I currently have an AS50 and I'm taxi-ing my friend's M107 in my backpack because he died up North. On the way down, I ran into a heli crash site with an M14 AIM, which I would LOVE as a second weapon alongside my AS50, but had no room to take it unless I switched out my friend's M107.

I didn't switch it because I'm a wonderful human being.

Now, back to Walking Simulator 2012...

Get an AS50, if you play on servers with crosshair enabled they can be used as shotguns by just shooting from the hip

Get an AS50, if you play on servers with crosshair enabled they can be used as shotguns by just shooting from the hip

I like to play on servers without nameplates, third person, or crosshairs generally, for that shit-yourself feel. Won't turn down an AS50 though!