half-fast

Graphical glitches so bad impossible to play

When I play DayZ, I often get severe graphical glitches so bad that I can barely play the game. It started as bright white flashes eventually growing to make the whole screen white for several seconds. After many tweaks of the video settings, I have almost completely eliminated that particular glitch, but now have another - the screen getting dark, then getting covered with black and grey triangles. This may not happen often, but when running through the shadows near buildings it seems to occur most.

I've tried solutions found in this forum and other forums, with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

System Specs:

------------------

Intel i5 760

8 GB of RAM

HD 6870 Crossfire

Drivers: 11.11c

- Just to add, I have disabled crossfire and get the exact same effects. Ive even physically taken the card out of the system, and still, the same.

- I don't get the same glitches when playing Arma 2 or any of the DLC

Thanks in advance

I think you talk about the grapic glitches from the military dekoration(mostly dead soliders).

If you start far away from such objects and then walking in the loading range of these objects you get the artifacts.

The solution is to fully load the engine with these bugged objects from the beginning. Means: Walk into the loadrange of these bugged objects until you get the grapic aritfacts. Then disconnect from the server(the lobby is not enough), close the game. After that join the server again and the artifacts should have gone.

Works everytime for me and me friends.

Edited by DirtyCry

I think that the issue you're referring to is also in the thread I've listed below.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49243-graphic-issue/page__hl__poly

The only fixes i've found for it is exiting the game completely and logging back in or changing servers. That seems to fix the problem for me just about every time.

I don't think there will be a permanent fix for it until the next patch comes out.

Try these:

--

Esc > Alt+Enter > Wait for it to Receive a Full Picture > Alt+Enter (to go back to full screen)

--

Secondly try:

--

Left Shift + Minus (-) on Numpad > Type: flush

--

Hope that helps dude

• Like 1

This is not about your system. i happens to us when we enter some of the cities or airfields.

We found a solution with my friends, it works for us. give it a try. Do those when you are in the game playing Dayz,

When you encounter that triangle glithces: First, look at a place that your monitor does not glithces.

Then prees ESC/options/video options/advaced.

There should be a tap says VIDEO MEMORY. it might be low, medium or high. MAKE IT DEFAULT. Click ok. Wait for RECEIVING. This should solve your problem.

IF NOT,

Continue with the step below after making video memory default.

There should be 3D resolution on the right side in video options. Change it to one of them which is worse than your actual resolution. Then wait for RECEIVING. When it finishes and make your resolution sucked, change it to your normal resolution again and play. BUT DO NOT FORGET, first you need to change your video memory to default.

Simple restart the engine(disconnect, close game, reconnect with six or commander) while your chrackter is in the loading range of the glitchted objects....

The engine will load again and is loading the bugged objects from beginnig wich means -> no grapicbugs.

I have found another solution. if none of the above works, try this

Just simply look directly to the glitch.(your screen should be black with triangles)

Press ''-'' on numpad while holding ''shift''. Then write:

''flush''

It will say ''recieving'' for a while, then it will solve your problem. hopefully.

The only thing I have found that works for me is...

*Sorry requires "Steam" versions of both Arma2 & Arma2 OA*

1. right click on Arma2 in games list. -> Properties -> Local files tab -> Check integrity of game cache (mine always finds one file missing and then downloads it)

2. right click on Arma2 OA in games list. -> Properties -> Local files tab -> Check integrity of game cache (mine always finds one file missing and then downloads it)

3. restart steam & leave open

4. Fire Dayz up as normal (I use play with six)

Hope it works for you.