orwisch@web.de

DE 144 - Hacker Banlist

There is no harm in a small debate over this issue, as it effects admins & how we deal with hackers & banning people.

Nickname = public info
IP = public info
GUID info = is the only way for admins to ban players

So we agree its not in the rules, so then i am questioning why the forums moderators are at odds with the server hosting rules.

Am i required to make a post saying i banned Player X, here are some edited logs / proof

But without the GUID/IP, it could be anyone and most the time the scripts they run are the v.same things...

Do i need to make these posts for every ban i do from now on ?

U see without the unique identifers the information in the post is completely useless to every single person.

If this is gonna stay like this the server hosting rules about server bans needs to be updated. Otherwise people will flat out ignore it

It could be changed to require us to keep backups of logs incase of someone making a ban appeal & then it would start to make sense again.

And then rest of us admins will just go and post our GUID's somewhere else...

edit:- Noticed my previous post was missing alot of text for some reason. Anyway its back now had to select edit the post & the missing text just reappeared

Edited by Torndeco

Indeed, without a phone number you dunno who's calling you.. but you're not entitled to give out these information to anyone, because the owner didn't authorized you to do so.

I know you want to publish em to make other admins aware ot the possible cheater, but at the same time you're giving them to anyone else.. and this is the bad part.

Also most users here are posting a bunch of plain text... i'm not sure how some text would prove anything? I can write the same "log" changing the GUID and the IP.. and the username.. using these ones from honest players.. just because they stolen my choppa (a classic example of kid admin).. how do you know if im honest or not? It's my word against your, and here's where the problems beings.

The current system of spamming users information across a public forum is wrong and open to abuse. You're making a bigger damage than the cheater themself.

I just noticed the forum mod has edited his intial post,

It now says to remove the IP addresses as there open to abuse & he/she doesnt mention to remove GUID's anymore...

So this debate is over for me

So i am gonna i go edit my thread for my banlist and remove all ip addresses mentioned in log excerpts...

Anyway peace

Edited by Torndeco