PimpinSmurf

Vehicles do not save on 1.7.2.5 thats why my server runs 1.7.2.4.

Am I incorrect? Is there a fix I should know about as a server admin? I run 1.7.2.4 but it appears most people dont understand the issues with 1.7.2.5 and still run it. I am not running a private hive server FYI. Anything I can do or are we just screwed until standalone?

Which server is it? I'd happily play on it. My advise: Stick with 1.7.2.4 until 1.7.3 comes out (They just announced it won't be before Spt. 6th, when Rocket returns from the PAX East convention). That's what all the affected servers should do. 1.7.2.5 didn't fix graphical glitches for a lot of people and also in many cases didn't fix the ammo exploits. So basically it's a failed hotfix and should have been revoked weeks ago.

There is also an issue with players with hero/bandit skins reverting to 1.7.2.4 becoming invisible. Rocket tweeted that two of the developers are working on a server side fix for the tents/vehicle issue, so hopefully that won't be too far away.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

There is also an issue with players with hero/bandit skins reverting to 1.7.2.4 becoming invisible. Rocket tweeted that two of the developers are working on a server side fix for the tents/vehicle issue, so hopefully that won't be too far away.

I hope this happens soon. :D

There is a fix for over 3 weeks out there allready (at least for the vehicles). What takes so long to make it official?

Sorry for getting a little off-topic now!

Man how I hate all that WEB 2.0 bullshit. Instead of having better means of gathering information at hand it all becomes a huge mess, because everyone thinks it is useful to use ALL the new tools (Facebook, G+, Twitter, Forums, Website) at once and randomly put out every new bit of info on just one of the tools.

I REALLY miss the times when one could be sure that if he just goes to the official Website he could get ALL new info that's available.

To be a bit constructive: Could some gifted Webdevelopment person look into integrating all the tools so that when news are posted in one of them they appear everywhere?? Like when Rocket posts on Twitter ita also get's automatically posted on Facebook and G+ aswell as a new announcement in the forums and maybe even on reddit. That would just be awesome. (For both sides I guess)

Edit: And now before you bark "lazy idiot" at me. Am I the only one that thinks it is just stupid to be forced to handle 5+ sources of information just to stay in the loop, be informed and don't post bullshit (like i was obviously doing since yesterday) based on outdated information? I hope not, or we're all doomed.

Edited by 31R0Y
  • Like 3

Sorry for getting a little off-topic now!

Man how I hate all that WEB 2.0 bullshit. Instead of having better means of gathering information at hand it all becomes a huge mess, because everyone thinks it is useful to use ALL the new tools (Facebook, G+, Twitter, Forums, Website) at once and randomly put out every new bit of info on just one of the tools.

I REALLY miss the times when one could be sure that if he just goes to the official Website he could get ALL new info that's available.

To be a bit constructive: Could some gifted Webdevelopment person look into integrating all the tools so that when news are posted in one of them they appear everywhere?? Like when Rocket posts on Twitter ita also get's automatically posted on Facebook and G+ aswell as a new announcement in the forums and maybe even on reddit. That would just be awesome. (For both sides I guess)

Edit: And now before you bark "lazy idiot" at me. Am I the only one that thinks it is just stupid to be forced to handle 5+ sources of information just to stay in the loop, be informed and don't post bullshit (like i was obviously doing since yesterday) based on outdated information? I hope not, or we're all doomed.

6JAg8.gif?1?6956

My server is 2.4 for now, simply because of the vehicle's and tents saving. Why would someone hop to my server if they can't repair and save a vehicle? makes no sense.

I'm trying to have a fun friendly server, i just wish we had side chat like some of the other servers I ran into.

I agree side chat should be enabled. Wish I could run the current patch we had plenty of people playing until I had to downgrade to fix vehicles.

I would be playing 1724 except I've tried and cannot find the files anywhere. Trying to revert to that version through dayz commander is just ridiculously slow that it's not even worth it. If anyone knows where I can download the 1.7.2.4 files that would be great.

I've put them up here on rapidshare as a selfextracting 7zip archive. It's 90 MB so even the slow free download shouldn't take more than 15 Minutes.

I would be playing 1724 except I've tried and cannot find the files anywhere. Trying to revert to that version through dayz commander is just ridiculously slow that it's not even worth it. If anyone knows where I can download the 1.7.2.4 files that would be great.

http://se1.dayz.nu/torrents/ These are the official torrents, I believe. worked for me. Fast downloads

http://se1.dayz.nu/torrents/ These are the official torrents, I believe. worked for me. Fast downloads

Thanks, that's exactly what I've been trying to find but never could, got it in about 30 seconds from there.

It's definitely worth rolling back to 1.7.2.4. My server did that after 2 days of using 1.7.2.5 and we haven't met anyone who are invisible. I my self am a bandit with -150 000 humanity and I was never invisible.

What version of Hive should we be using if we want to roll back to 1.7.2.4? I did a roll back on server because we were having issues with tent and vehicle saves and it seems to erased everything. All tents and vehicles are gone on the rollback restart. I did a test tent with two items and did a restart and the tent was gone on restart.