Deuzerre

Soda tweak

Soda cans shouldn't refill the thirst completely, as they aren't really what I'd like to drink in priority when tirsty. It shouldn't be as efficient as clean water at least. Something like 2/3 or half of the thirst is cleared, but not to full.

As a compensation, it should very slightly regenerate blood. Nothing really noticeable, but just a little bit, to represent the sugar.

Does this seem logical to you?

"as they arent really what I'd like to drink in a priority".....what the hell is going on in your head, you want to window shop for what you feel like in an apocalypse. Had it gone down I'd be over the moon to find a can of crab juice if it were a PRIORITY. I really don't see many post-apocalypse survivors going "hmmm I've been without water for 2 and a half days now, i have this can of delicious mountain dew.....nah i don't really like soda ill just wait until i find some clean water".

Try not to forget what it is this mod is trying to do.

Yes. The very first time I drank something I was surprised it has 0 influence on blood. Ofc it should not replenish as much as a meal, but sth around 50 blood from drinking and only 2/3 thirst from soda would absolutely make sense.

I'm quite alright with the current way drinking works, just think the canteen should suffice for 2 drinks instead of one, when you're surviving you arent going to drink your entire water supply in one go, you will take some sips and stretch it out over the entire day.

Now that will be abit excessive but perhaps just double it.

Idea I had was to allow stacks on hydration (Up to three)

-First drink hydrates you for 45mins (or whatever it is now)

-Second 45+10

-Third 45+10+10

Benefit to this is it would raise the usefulness of canteens as you could build full stacks at a water source (Same could be done with soda, but would require you to consume three sodas)

Just a thought

No not at all, I do not except your socalistic anti caffine and sugar agenda post.

Soda has calories and water does not. Soda also contains water and you could survive on soda if you had too.

... Sugar doesn't regenerate blood.

In any case, Soda doesn't need to be nerfed. There's already very little compelling me to pick up that extra can of soda other than to drink it immediately and move on.

Don't really see why nerfing soda cans would affect anything - water bottles are easy to come by and just as easy to refill if you're not a complete woodland recluse (even then there are waterholes here and there)

I only ever use soda when I see it drop and I'm partially thirsty - saves me having to spend a water bottle (and why do people guzzle down an entire bottle anyway?)

soda should reduce panic abit, if you are shaking to the damn bones in fear you could drink a soda and (since its fairly refreshing) it could make your parkenson addled hands kinda slow down(doesnt work in combat, only outside of combat) not by alot, just a little

also why isnt vodka around? I mean not to be sterotypical, but vodka is a big export in USSR(ex USSR in this case) states, vodka should be all over the place and it should have the same effects as you would imagine

... Sugar doesn't regenerate blood.

In any case' date=' Soda doesn't need to be nerfed. There's already very little compelling me to pick up that extra can of soda other than to drink it immediately and move on.

[/quote']

This is why they give you a can of beans or pasta or if you are really lucky sardines! after you give blood right?

They generally will give you a juice and a couple of cookies or fruit afterwards all contain SUGAR all help in getting your energy back.

However soda does contain sugar which are calories thus giving your body energy helping the increase of bodly functions and increasing your blood count.

No not at all' date=' I do not except your socalistic anti caffine and sugar agenda post.

Soda has calories and water does not. Soda also contains water and you could survive on soda if you had too.

[/quote']

soft drinks are dehydrating diuretics; they contain caffeine and sugar which cause dehydration. So while temporarily your thirst is quench as they do contain water, in 30mins to an hour you will be even more thirsty than before.

I made a thread about this but it got lost in the forum wipe. Basically soft drinks should temporarily decrease your thirst but also temporarily increase the rate at which you get thirsty, so you will eventually have to find some water.