Sign in to follow this  
gusmanak

"How long it takes to run from A to B"

Interactive maps are cool. Seeing all of the places I can go and loot stuff is handy...

But what I really want is a new kind of interactive map in which you can place marker A, then marker B, and be told how far the distance is, and how long it will take to run it. (Estimated)

Isn't that usually the question? "How long will it take?" I mean, once you have quarters and pennies to hold down your 'W' key, that's what it comes down to. :D

i log out when i go for a piss' date=' i would never leave my toon running on its own

who would?

[/quote']

"Toon"

We got us a WOW kiddie.

Oh god of course I wouldn't leave it running. I just don't have to hold 'W' down. Gives me two free hands :D

This is what i typed up for another similar thread.

I timed the running a while back. It takes you about 20 seconds to cross 100m running straight on flat surface. Which puts you at about a minute per every 300m.

So look at the distance, divide by 300 result is number of minutes will take you to run it, assuming you are running straight line, and on flat surface. (:

What is missing is the distance, if you look at the map with gridlines, depending on the zoom, each grid is either 1km or 100m. Most of the maps when zoomed in fully will have the 1km grids. Hopefully that helps

Some servers have this little feature allowed.

1) Open a map

2) Shift + LMB

3) ?????

4) PROFIT!

Basicaly, it gives you the old fashioned waypoint with a distance and all that jazz.:P

Every 2-digit grid is 1x1km

Every 3-digit grid is 100x100m

The default soldier walking gives you a speed of about 1km/3minutes

Take your position

Take your desired destination

Take the approximate distance by adding the grids

Multiply the distance with your default walking speed

????

PROFIT!

This feature is already in the game. Shift+click on the map and it tells you the distance and adds a marker in your visual view. Only works on servers with it enabled, though

That is the default run speed.

Default walk speed is 100 meters/minute.

i log out when i go for a piss' date=' i would never leave my toon running on its own

who would?

[/quote']

"Toon"

We got us a WOW kiddie.

We got us a 12 year old who doesn't know people have been saying "toon" to describe online video game characters since about 1998.

Nuke' pid='92056' dateline='1339441853']

who would?

[/quote']

"Toon"

We got us a WOW kiddie.

We got us a 12 year old who doesn't know people have been saying "toon" to describe online video game characters since about 1998.

We got us a kid that thinks that 1998 was a long time ago.

Bitch, get on my level.

who would?

[/quote']

"Toon"

We got us a WOW kiddie.

Bitch, get on my level.

Bwahahahahaha.... Nice comeback.

Ten thousand internets for you good Sir.

who would?

[/quote']

"Toon"

We got us a WOW kiddie.

Bitch, get on my level.

LMAO. Nice try. Go back to World of Warcraft.

1) Open a map

2) Shift + LMB

3) ?????

4) PROFIT!

Basicaly' date=' it gives you the old fashioned waypoint with a distance and all that jazz.:P

[/quote']

This feature is already in the game. Shift+click on the map and it tells you the distance and adds a marker in your visual view. Only works on servers with it enabled' date=' though

[/quote']

Both of you are assuming the person has an ingame map. I'm talking about looking up the map on the interwebs and using those grids to calculate

Thus the point of my calculations, based on the optimal conditions, running on a straight flat terrain line

1) Open a map

2) Shift + LMB

3) ?????

4) PROFIT!

Basicaly' date=' it gives you the old fashioned waypoint with a distance and all that jazz.:P

[/quote']

This feature is already in the game. Shift+click on the map and it tells you the distance and adds a marker in your visual view. Only works on servers with it enabled' date=' though

[/quote']

Both of you are assuming the person has an ingame map. I'm talking about looking up the map on the interwebs and using those grids to calculate

Thus the point of my calculations' date=' based on the optimal conditions, running on a straight flat terrain line

[/quote']

The point of your calculations was to incorrectly state the default walk speed?

who would?

[/quote']

I go prone next to a bush when I go for a piss, game requires balls.