NumberFive

recording program help

Hello guys i am planning to record some day z videos for YouTube but i need some help setting up some stuff so if any1 has suggestions on what recorder to use, what i should do in the videos. And if anyone knows how to make intros/logo please add me on Skype or post here. so yer please help and thank you for reading

:emptycan: :beans: :emptycan:

:beans: :D :beans:

:emptycan: :beans: :emptycan:

Use Fraps for recording and something like AfterEffects and/or Cinema 4D for intros.

If you have to ask what to make videos about then I'm not sure why you're making them though...

Fraps is pretty much your best bet, but if youre looking for something free there are still decent recorders out there. I used to like microsoft silverlight 4 (i think thats the correct name anyhoo) nice and simple to use, free, and pretty schweet quality. Though ive only just had my pc back a week so its been a while.

Use Fraps for recording and something like AfterEffects and/or Cinema 4D for intros.

If you have to ask what to make videos about then I'm not sure why you're making them though...

i know what to do the videos about i was just wandering if anyone had something they would like to see in some dayz vids

i know what to do the videos about i was just wandering if anyone had something they would like to see in some dayz vids

DayZ is the kind of game where epic things just happen. Just play however it is you play and I'm sure memorable moments will pop up along the way. Just please, for the love of God, don't make videos involving killing under-equipped new players in spawn cities.

dw i dont attack people who are not a big trouble say if there was a guy with a auto rifle coming 2wards me i and there was no way around him i would take then shot but thats only because there was no other way around

Fraps is old and outdated. It uses too much CPU time and it spits out gigantic, uncompressed files. Use Bandicam or Dxtory instead.

Since Dctory records in GB, what can I compress my video files in that doesn't make me lose my video quality!

I record in .Avi format

I will give Dxtory a try. What's a good program to encode and shrink down the video for youtube without loosing quality? Does Dxtory do it all?

Edited by WalterWhite

I record with Dxtory then edit and render in Adobe Premiere Elements 10. Once saved as a mpeg I encode with Freemake Video Converter with a H264 codec (maximum compression, best quality) which pretty much halfs the file size. A 20 minute video is around 450mb by the end of things... around an hour to upload. You can check out my vids @ http://www.youtube.com/user/palicopadge :)

• Like 1

I just got Bandicam which I love and also got the free version of Videopad to edit and lust uploaded to youtube. Used the 1280x720 resolution on videopad to make movie and it took the 112mb Bandicam video down to 21.1mb and looks great on youtube. The free version of Bandicam only allows for 10 minutes of recording and I missed an awesom fight due to this, but since it works great, Im purchasing full version.

I just got Bandicam which I love and also got the free version of Videopad to edit and lust uploaded to youtube. Used the 1280x720 resolution on videopad to make movie and it took the 112mb Bandicam video down to 21.1mb and looks great on youtube. The free version of Bandicam only allows for 10 minutes of recording and I missed an awesom fight due to this, but since it works great, Im purchasing full version.

If you haven't bought Bandicam yet I'd recommend trying the Fraps trial, personally I think it's a much better program. The video quality's awesome and it doubles up as an FPS counter.

If you haven't bought Bandicam yet I'd recommend trying the Fraps trial, personally I think it's a much better program. The video quality's awesome and it doubles up as an FPS counter.

True, but Fraps saves in 4GB parts and the size of complete videos when you've finished recording are stupid silly... DXtory, (Which most of the professional YouTubers use) has an FPS counter too! :D

I record with Dxtory then edit and render in Adobe Premiere Elements 10. Once saved as a mpeg I encode with Freemake Video Converter with a H264 codec (maximum compression, best quality) which pretty much halfs the file size. A 20 minute video is around 450mb by the end of things... around an hour to upload. You can check out my vids @ http://www.youtube.c...r/palicopadge�� :)

Looks great!! Beans! I will try your method out. Thanks again.

MSI Afterburner Beta

I personally love Fraps (never really tried any other program so I might sound a little biased) because during gameplay, you get an FPS counter, you can record anything without loss of frame rate, and as of the latest update, you are supposed to be able to record longer than 4GB footage. I use Handbrake to compress the footage down and until I'm able to get sony vegas from my school, I'm stuck stitching the footage in windows live movie maker. Only problem with that is that since movie maker stitches and saves the film in it's native format, I have to handbrake it again a second time -_-#.

Looks great!! Beans! I will try your method out. Thanks again.

Thanks for the beans! :)

If you do go my way it will be worth checking out this video:

The guy gives you a run through of how to set up the Lossless codec to get maximum compression on your vids.

MSI Afterburner Beta

I hear its got better in the latest versions but haven't had much experience with it myself. :)

Any troubles/questions send me a mail on here. Happy recording! :thumbsup:

• Like 1