Sign in to follow this  
Hoskins123

RANT because I can

Found a damn coyote pack in the firehouse of cherno, along with an m16. Thought this was going to be a great life. Head to med tents as my last stop before going after snipers. Get shot at heading to tents and I thought I knew where the guy was so I tried to chuck a nade out the tent. This game has the worse grenade mechanics I have ever seen, so of course it bounces back off an invisible wall and I have to run the fuck out. The blast still hits me a bit and knocks me unconcious. I disconnect because no way in fuck is that guy getting my pack. I go to a low pop server so I can die and retrieve my body. First spawn is Prig, which was amazing. Seconds after spawning I read "SERVER WILL RESTART IN 5 MINUTES". FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK. I literally made it 30 seconds from my body before session lost.

Found a damn coyote pack in the firehouse of cherno, along with an m16. Thought this was going to be a great life. Head to med tents as my last stop before going after snipers. Get shot at heading to tents and I thought I knew where the guy was so I tried to chuck a nade out the tent. This game has the worse grenade mechanics I have ever seen, so of course it bounces back off an invisible wall and I have to run the fuck out. The blast still hits me a bit and knocks me unconcious. I disconnect because no way in fuck is that guy getting my pack. I go to a low pop server so I can die and retrieve my body. First spawn is Prig, which was amazing. Seconds after spawning I read "SERVER WILL RESTART IN 5 MINUTES". FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK. I literally made it 30 seconds from my body before session lost.

If there was nothing to lose, getting it would not be fun. Live til you die, laugh til you cry.

Oh no, did your exploitation of holes in the program nearly fail. My heart goes out to you.

IMO the dc is justified. The grenade bounced off an invisible wall for fuck's sake. Or at least that's what he said.

Edited by Angryofficer

IMO the dc is justified. The grenade bounced off an invisible wall for fuck's sake. Or at least that's what he said.

DO you think the OP would commit suicide if the game glitched in his favour? you have to take the good with the bad.

I can't figure out why the ArmA2 grenades show the reticle at the angle of the throw, while DayZ just plants it in the middle of the screen. Weird. Anyway, getting killed by your own grenade after a glitch is hilarious. D/Cing because you got hurt is for little babies. The M16 isn't that great. Rant was short and the profanity was unimaginative. 2/10

Grenades are stupid, use bullets.

O and cngratz with the DC, you won Dayz.

DO you think the OP would commit suicide if the game glitched in his favour? you have to take the good with the bad.

No, but maybe he'd drop the items or whatever he got. There's a lot of people who say they bury bodies of hackers and stuff like that.

Exactly how many people who here who complains of grenades play ArmA?

I found a coyote pack as my first item after spawning on my last life. Minutes later I was completely unarmed and being chased by a makarov wielding retard that went through about 5 mags before he killed me. I didn't d/c, I took the death like a man and lost my pack... And you should have too. Don't disconnect unless it's too avoid hackers, please... Especially if it's your own fault. xD

Grenades.... working as intended:

LOL, I also had a moment like that, found a few grenades ( first time ever and i find 3 in a short space of time ) decided to take out someones tent as I thought it was in a place used to bait people and snipe them. Threw the nade and realised my character wasnt moving enough..... ahhh sluggish movement and as I ran I got hit by shrapnel. Bleeding out and lying on the ground thinking. I am going to die due to a stupid mistake on my behalf.... Thank the green mountain gods I didnt bleed out and no one was near enough to hear my stupidity and I was able to get up, bandage and run like a pussy to the nearest treeline to eat some food...

For a split second I thought, should I D/C and not risk dying, but then I thought, It was my own mistake so I will live with the actions of that mistake...the thrill of actually walking away with enough life to fight another day was so much more than a DC and log in later... I still have all my stuff and a new found respect for those grenades

• Like 1

LOL, I also had a moment like that, found a few grenades ( first time ever and i find 3 in a short space of time ) decided to take out someones tent as I thought it was in a place used to bait people and snipe them. Threw the nade and realised my character wasnt moving enough..... ahhh sluggish movement and as I ran I got hit by shrapnel. Bleeding out and lying on the ground thinking. I am going to die due to a stupid mistake on my behalf.... Thank the green mountain gods I didnt bleed out and no one was near enough to hear my stupidity and I was able to get up, bandage and run like a pussy to the nearest treeline to eat some food...

For a split second I thought, should I D/C and not risk dying, but then I thought, It was my own mistake so I will live with the actions of that mistake...the thrill of actually walking away with enough life to fight another day was so much more than a DC and log in later... I still have all my stuff and a new found respect for those grenades

I use grenades every chance I get now. Eventually I will figure out these magic DayZ physics and use them like a pro... until then, I will enjoy the results :)

I was on a vet server and didn't realise I had a grenade selected (no crosshairs) I was in a barn being swarmed by Zs and couldn't figure out why my gun refused to fire, that was until I saw the throwing animation kick in.....

BOOM!

I don't disconnect like a pussy

Grenades.... working as intended:

This works with smoke grenades as well.

Aperently smoking kills not only you but cherno's infrastructure.

Grenades are best when used in conjunction with long barns and swarms of zombies. Just make sure the first one does the job, because follow-up nades can lead to what you see in that video.