Sign in to follow this  
Thadeum

Game news from Dean "Rocket" Hall

I saw a lot of people asking for fresh news and announcements from the single dev guy managing the mod.

Did you took a look at Rocket's twitter? Many fresh posts @ his twitter. I think it deserves a thread to point it out to most of the community.

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

Recently:

- he enjoyed a video

- he reviewed and enjoyed a lot of forums suggestions

- he admitted that hacking must be quickly dealt with

- he is still working on dogs

• Like 1

gd forget the stupid dogs, fix the hacking, tents, vehicles, glitches ffs! thats what everyone has been saying.

• Like 2

I dont think he is going to fix the hacking on the mod. His focus is on the standalone and he has stated that will be locked down.

As far as the mod goes i think private hives will be the way to go.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

It has been stated numerous times that the hacking problem in the mod pretty much CANT be fixed, due to the nature of arma 2, which is another reason to be looking forward to the standalone.

People "demand" news, they're given it, it's not good enough until they get EXACTLY what they want with no compromises because they are entitled to everything and deserve whatever they want.

I saw a lot of people asking for fresh news and announcements from the single dev guy managing the mod.

Did you took a look at Rocket's twitter? Many fresh posts @ his twitter. I think it deserves a thread to point it out to most of the community.

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

Recently:

- he enjoyed a video

- he reviewed and enjoyed a lot of forums suggestions

- he admitted that there is no plan to work on this mod anymore

- stated that there was no way to fix hacking

fix the hacking

Please, explain to me, how you would fix hacking? I'm curious to hear your well insighted thoughts, because i'm sure your a skilled programmer? i'm starting to get sick of people complaining about it, its Alpha surly not even a game really at this point in devlopment, i can think of 9 things off the top of my head that are perfectly legit things to set off battle-eye, Every-game will have hackers, it just seems like alot due to the size of the community. There isn't winning.

• Like 3

Please, explain to me, how you would fix hacking? I'm curious to hear your well insighted thoughts, because i'm sure your a skilled programmer? i'm starting to get sick of people complaining about it, its Alpha surly not even a game really at this point in devlopment, i can think of 9 things off the top of my head that are perfectly legit things to set off battle-eye, Every-game will have hackers, it just seems like alot due to the size of the community. There isn't winning.

Exactly.

Did you read David Brooks post in the NYT today? Surely you are copying him.

Did you read David Brooks post in the NYT today? Surely you are copying him.

Nope, seeing as i'd get the same experience staring in to a toilet with any american media, i assure you i was not copying him.

• Like 1

Nope, seeing as i'd get the same experience staring in to a toilet with any american media, i assure you i was not copying him.

Have fun being one of the 5 people still playing this mod in a month.

Have fun being one of the 5 people still playing this mod in a month.

Kay smartone. Please stop playing now, and replying to my posts. It'll help all of us, Darwin's list of DayZ.

Edited by Shy Guy Sterlok

biuudx.jpg

At least we wont be running anymore with our mobile canine friends.

• Like 2

Hilarious. Must be response of the day.

Have my beans.

I'm on a roll today it appears.

It has been stated numerous times that the hacking problem in the mod pretty much CANT be fixed, due to the nature of arma 2, which is another reason to be looking forward to the standalone.

People "demand" news, they're given it, it's not good enough until they get EXACTLY what they want with no compromises because they are entitled to everything and deserve whatever they want.

Expecting people to actually read posts by Rocket, research before they post, think before they post, etc.

Not on these forums, filled with idiots, trolls, complainers etc. Sad too as the forums used to be a nice place to post on and talk with other players about Day Z.

Explain to me what i'm looking at Gator? Or are you praising Mortal? Hardly a good game, but comparing the two is silly. Ever Play Zelda 1 and Zelda 2 together. But i'm sure your a kid from the 90s, Never touched a good game.

Edited by Shy Guy Sterlok

Oh for fucks sake, can we get a sticky about hacking, duping, and Alt-F4'ing please? It's been covered ad nauseam in this bloody forum. Lay out the facts, because what should be common knowledge here apparently is not.

Man, I just cannot wait for some buggy-as-hell dogs to be added into the game, and the script kiddies to make spawning scripts that surround you with a dozen of them.

FUCK YEAH!

The

The problem isn't "solvable," but a lot of solutions have been put into play by the community, where the only thing you hear from the dev team is, "blame it on the engine." Private hives and attentive admin have done wonders.

Ok. Why do you lot keep talking about alt-f4ing.

I tried it, out of curiosity, and all it did was bring up a communication menu at the lhs of the screen.

Why is that so bad?

Surely hackers, script kiddies and dc'ers are much worse.

Explain to me what i'm looking at Gator? Or are you praising Mortal? Hardly a good game, but comparing the two is silly. Ever Play Zelda 1 and Zelda 2 together. But i'm sure your a kid from the 90s, Never touched a good game.

You are staring into the toilet too much again. Here, I will connect the dots.

http://dayzmod.com/f..._80#entry423120

http://dayzmod.com/f...220#entry437054

And interestingly note, that was over a month ago.

Edited by gator