Sign in to follow this  
welch

Is Cherno even a good looting spot?

I had my first trip to Cherno yesterday, and it didn't have jack. All that was there was a hospital and some Army tents, with med supplies in them. Nothing else notable. Is there something I'm missing or is it really not a good town to scavenge?

It's fantastic for scavenging, it just depends on how long ago the server restarted and how many people are playing on it.

I don't bother with Cherno or Elektro, ever. I go straight north, it's just not worth the 5 minute load time after being killed by some dickhead sniper

Elektro is my favorite, 2 Firestations, 1 Market, 1 School, 1 Hospital, many high value residential spawns.

• Like 1

Two hospitals, medic tents, 5 apartments, shops, church, two pubs, big industrial building near the crane, a ton of little sheds and shacks and some house plus a bunch of barns on the outskirts. Once you know Cherno and work out a quick route that takes all of these places in you will be golden.

Oh yeh and the firestation.

Edited by Hetstaine
  • Like 1

It's fantastic for scavenging, it just depends on how long ago the server restarted and how many people are playing on it.

What do you mean? All I saw was med supplies. Are there even any gun locations? And I never even saw a Market.

What do you mean? All I saw was med supplies. Are there even any gun locations? And I never even saw a Market.

The market

Starts at 30 second mark.

For basic loot, yes. However, it's risk vs reward. You could get this loot by looting barns, and towns, but it would take a longer time. Unfortunately, in cherno, there is a possibility of getting sniped and a more likely chance to meet a hostile player.

Yeah, there are tons of gun locations in Cherno. You can find the majority of lower loot guns there. G17, 1911, Revolver, M14, MP5, AK's, Shotguns, etc...yes there are times when Cherno is dead empty, I've seen it before, but that's due to it being picked clean, usually from high pop servers.

Edited by Maxgor

All the PVP hot spots usually have the best loot spawns, that is why they are PVP hotspots.

For basic loot, yes. However, it's risk vs reward. You could get this loot by looting barns, and towns, but it would take a longer time. Unfortunately, in cherno, there is a possibility of getting sniped and a more likely chance to meet a hostile player.

There are a few paths through Cherno that are mostly blind to snipers. The hackers are obviously the only real threat once you've worked out how to sneak through Cherno.

I dont think so, but that is just me... I usually hit up electro and run out before I get killed or stay in there long enough to scavange and go to a smaller sever

Yes, Cherno is a great loot spot, and one can loot it fairly safely/quickly if you know the right routes.

The market

Starts at 30 second mark.

That is elektro.

to OP, it's a great place to get supplies as a newspawn. Like others have said, it depends when the server last restarted. If it JUST restarted, you will find guaranteed a lee enfield or winchester, and possible ak or very rarely you might find an m4 or dmr. You'll get a 1911 or revolver guaranteed, and possibly a military pistol. You'll get everything need to survive, an alice, binocs, and other stuff. Then balota is right nearby so you can hit that too. Next to the med tents are 2 tents quite small facing the big building near you. Those have the guns.

Edited by Angryofficer

I only find Cherno useful for an initial loot run on a new life. After that there are better safer options depending on what you want. My backpack/inventory is only so big, no need to go to such a high loot area.

Cherno's great, but I tend to prefer Elektro. If I start at Prigorodky or Cap Golovo, I head East and hit Elektro because I feel like I might be able to meet someone there and either have a talk or have a fight, either is acceptable.

Cherno's a reliable source of loot, and it's pretty easy to avoid getting murdered there with a little practice, but it takes me longer and the dangerous bit is leaving the city, so I might spend fifteen minutes getting my kit together then get whacked as I head for the tree line.

Either way, a city start is almost always the right answer. It's not even worth heading north, I say, until you have a couple morphine injectors, because a fracture in the wilderness pretty much ends the game for me. SInce cities are the only reliable source for such things (military loot and zombies are not to be trusted when you're in need and tent resupply is odious to me) it makes sense that every play-through starts with a run through one or the other city. It's worth it to learn how to hit them efficiently and well, and it's also worth learning how to get your PvP on in the urban environment. I find it very gratifying to just roll up there with an Enfield or something I found at Balota and try to bust up some bandits. Pro tip: If you see a guy on top of a building shooting down into the street, don't introduce yourself. He's not fighting the undead. There, I just saved you a respawn.

I believe Cherno wins against Elektro hands down if survival is your goal. Simply because everything is more scattered so your less likely to run into conflict and there's more cover from sniper fire.

They pretty much have the same loot spawns. Though Cherno has two hospitals and medical tents.

If you feel like a little more player interaction then you may want Elektro.

Oh, you mean the school where you break all the windows and doors with everything you can and cannot get inside of? That school?

Elektro is my favorite, 2 Firestations, 1 Market, 1 School, 1 Hospital, many high value residential spawns.

Cherno is a good looting spot, as soon as you are dead at Cherno and that I can loot you.

I've found so much high end gear on bodies in and around Cherno. I love getting my adrenaline pumping running through Cherno dodging all the m107 rounds fired from ~800m out. Or the idiots with pistols trying to kill you. Or vehicles trolling the streets honking. It's rarely boring.

Cherno is great starting loot spot. Most players hit it up often, or even camp by it to grab the loot and do PVP.

My recommendation is only hit up Cherno if you're low on medical and basic supplies if you're playing to survive. If you want to PVP, set yourself for some good times. Be wary though, many player like to barb-wire the market, church, and fire station to frustrate anyone who comes in after them. Also, there are a lot of good sniping spots that can be difficult to spot. Make sure you're full ready to die anytime you're entering a major city.