Jackftw

Why does every sniper I shoot at ALT-F4?

I just found an AS50 TWS, M9SD, with full gear including NV/RF...

If I hear any gun shot toward me, I disconnect immediately.

No way I am gonna lose my stuff man. Get a bullet in my head, or quit PvP, that will sure be better for everyone.

Weak. I can't wait to the stand alone where they implement some kind of log out timer. At least you're man enough to admit that you run offline.

2 today... 2 in elektro, snuck in from the north, spied one on the LA85, switched to my CZ550, *pop* lies still bleeding, line up second *pop* hits.. he ALT F4's and i get no kill.

2nd in Prig (on my way to meet up with buddies in Cherno) i see a guy through the LA85 again going through the tree line, watch him patiently till he hits the red roofed barn about 50ft in front of me, so i begin to sneak up... notice as i walk in the coast side entrance that he is to my right up top, but not seen me, lean round corner, *pop pop* from the LA85.... both hit and he vanishes into thin air.

At the end of the day i get my kicks knowing that they just got smashed in by a better player.... and no you wont log in behind me cos i already moved to a better vantage spot incase you try it ;)

That's the essence of it. They're playing a different game, and their game has different rules. There's nothing wrong with them finding the path of least resistance and making it obvious to everyone where the flaws lay. That's how the team will spot and fix the problems.

The bad thing is that the ArmA2 engine is built from the ground up to trust clients and depend on players who want to participate in the activity being shared. They get a lot of chances to cheat and be dicks with relatively little effort, and their colleagues trust them not to do so. In DayZ, with its large, anonymous population, sociopathy arose early and severely, so we'll need some pretty high walls built to corral the drooling masses. That'll obviously require some engine rewriting, probably even some fundamental changes to the ArmA3 engine, which is being developed with the same philosophy that ArmA2 had, in the belief that giving people more power will enable them to more perfectly achieve a shared goal.

Akira Kogami from Lucky Channel, a parody at the end of every Lucky Star episode. Send me a PM next time if you want to ask me something personally, otherwise I end up filling more topics with unrelated crap!

I have only ever Alt+F4'd twice. Once because a friend told me to and I just did - I realized that I did as soon as I pressed it, then yelled at him. The second was when I was atop a building that a hacker decided to blow up. I still died when I logged back in, however. Both times were just me not wanting to die, really. Normally when I get shot, I stick around until I die or kill the person shooting at me. It's how I do things here and it's how I do things everywhere.

-MONSTER

Ok thank you as a large anime/manga fan I was wondering if I knew what that was lol(I didn't :() and I have alt f4 1 time but esc disconnect 3 times 2 stuck in building against a horde and 2 times a scripter

Seriously, I don't think I've ever met a sniper that DIDN'T combat log. The only way I've ever been able to kill one is by headshot, or using a sniper of my own.

Pretty much, if I see someone laying on a hill in a ghillie, I KNOW they will alt-f4 when I shoot at them.

Why?

I'll tell you why from my experience with the guys I play(ed) with - it takes too long to duplicate all that gear, or to run back to their very-out-of-the-way camp to re-gear with duped stuff in their tents.

I gave up playing with them to just stick around cities and kill people with whatever gun I find, but that's the honest truth as to why they abort.

There is a secondary reason that one of my group displayed, and that was that he demanded encounters be on his terms. Problem was ... he failed every one of the few times he tried, and generally plays all night, nearly every night, on servers with less than 10 people on them trying to assemble or steal vehicles for no other goal than having them, bragging, and maybe picking up someone from the coast once in a while. This type of player comes straight from Arma gaming where they only fight against computer generated enemies. One shot in our general direction and instead of sticking around to let the cards fall, and perhaps win it, I'll hear "About! Abort!" on teamspeak and he'll be out of the game before anyone. He is proud of his 14 or 15 day streak of being alive... I negate that by not caring if I don't live an hour as long as I am not playing a boring life.

Edited by Corbon HydraShock

I dunno, it's consistent with somebody who will lay prone for hours in hopes of an easy risk free kill of a random person. Chickenshit.

• Like 1

We actually have a new tactic with dealing with most snipers. We just all get up and spray and pray in the general direction of the sniper and this generally results in us being sniper-free for about 10 min.

In all honesty, though, death before dishonour and all that jazz is prefered personally. As for logging, I don't even see the point, I'm in a ghillie anyway and if I've stayed that long in one spot I deserve death. Maybe these "snipers" forget this basic tactic? (Maybe this has actually happened a few times and you thought he logged, though?) I do enjoy sniping generally regardless where I go but I am quite annoyed by all these AS50TW people who login and logout sullying the good name of skilled snipers. I just hope that once this whole duping thing is gone and done we will see people actually appreciating a good sniper again as well as the guns who, in legal drops, have a very small drop chance.

I guess one thing they think when they're lying there in their ghillie is that you're just trying to supress them and that they can get away with alt-f4:ing since they think you can't see them anyway... But you know...

I am a horrible sniper...

Proof:

I guess you just have to be ready to accept you will loose all of your gear.

I dunno, it's consistent with somebody who will lay prone for hours in hopes of an easy risk free kill of a random person. Chickenshit.

That hurts... :)

I would also like to thank "John Wayne" for not combat logging while I was being a douchebag sniper. Even after being hit twice with my SVD... friend killed 50 meters from him with a grenade... and general douchbagery that I produced in game... he stuck through it and took me out like a boss.

• Like 1