Sign in to follow this  
Greensnake

Can't join any servers, why?

So I bought Arma II and Arma expansion.

Then I downloaded a "new" version of Six Updater: Play withSIX.

Once installed, looked for the mod Day Z. It downloaded it correctly and patched it. The version is 1.7.2.5 I think.

So I look for a server with same version in Play withSIX and run it. The game starts and it brings me to the main screen of the game, with a warning: ".Wrong Version.The server has rejected your connection"

If I go into "Multiplayer" section, I find a bunch of servers, but just below appear "Version: 1.62" - "Version needed: 1.62.9..." (this last one depends on the server)

So the first thing I think of is: "Didn't I have the 1.7?" But later, when I find a server with my "version 1.62" I try to enter, and it kicks me out, saying:

"You can't play/edit this mission. It depends on DLC that has been deleted: Dayz_code, Dayz_equip, ..." And goes on.

Ok, what can I do? I'm not a clever man, I just can't imagine what I have to do know. I though SIX would take care of versions and that stuff.

I'm not familiar with Play with Six, personally I use DayZCommander after having a lot of problems with SixLauncher.

1. Run both Arma2 and Arma2: Combined Operations once to complete installation.

2. Download the latest version of DayZCommander from http://www.dayzcommander.com

3. Run DayZCommander and click the "versions" button from the top menu.

4. Click "Install latest revision" under Arma2 OA. Wait for the download and install to complete.

5. Click "Install latest version" under DayZ. Wait for the download and install to complete.

6. Press "Done" to close the versions panel.

7. Double-click any listed server to play.

Edited by smasht_AU

I had the same problem, downloaded DayZ commander, and it only got worse. I've bought arma II and OA, about 2 weeks ago. Just to be able to play DayZ. I've been able to play it once, and after I logged off I was never ever able to play again. I'm clueless

I get that same message about the bad version in about 95% the servers I try to join. it makes it very frustrating to find a server I can play on... also tried using the dayz commander updating tool which didnt change anything

I think its cause I notice almost all servers are running other DLC as well as DayZ like British armed forces and private military company, which are another 9$ each on Steam.... unless you find a server that says in the bottom the expansions box that its not running BAF or PMC