Sign in to follow this  
zeeb

Bye Servers, Welcome THE SERVER!

one method would be this.

Each server made of multiple VPS or physical machines.

Each one handles its own "map"

but they are all cross persistant and treated as one server by database.

each of these "maps" would be connected using road tunnles/ boats/ train tracks.

you want to move to another area and your friend has called you on your cb radio for help?

travel to his "server" physically instead of quit and join from server menu :D

that would of course mean each server running its own map.

but who doesnt think that would be epic win?

Really? that's really reckless to think of that, what about other players from locations that don't have a good a connection as you? Shouldn't they get a decent connection too? I live in South East Asia currently, and I don't fancy the thought of playing on a server half way across the world.

Currently, with a 50 and sometimes 75 players cap at most, very often at least 20 to 25 players are in Cherno and Elektro. At least 5 are around Stary and maybe another 5 are around the NW Airfield, all the others are spread out and maybe heading for Balota, NE Airfield and Berezino + Krasnostav or they're somewhere out in the countryside, looting barns and deerstands and sometimes stumbling upon another player in the woods. Oh, and very seldom you see someone near Devil's Castle.

It's zombie apocalypse... There is SUPOSED to be only few survivors who are fighting for they'r life.

I thought that making a server with 100 players should be possible, not required or disabled.