Sign in to follow this  
Osaka (DayZ)

Dead zeds more frightning than walking zeds

You might recognize this;

You strawl around looking for goodies when you suddenly see a wild village appear. You expect zeds. Lot's of zeds

You sneak around, trying to avoid problems, when suddenly a lootable zed lays right in front of you.

That's where I get my mini heart attack.

This undead guy was shot, but not by me. And it's fresh. At this point I know I'm not alone and you get that thrill where there might be anyone around the corner owning your face.

Seeing a horde of walkers makes me feel more comfortable than seeing a pile of bodies.

Just my two cans of beans.

• Like 3

Yesterday i go north from cherno and saw small powerplant station..go there and in sec. i heard gunshots from pistols and rifle..about 20 metres around saw dead zed bodies but nobody there..i look everywhere..strange..but i scare to shitless:D

That happened to me today. The building I went into looked like it was looted, and than when I walked outside there was a dead zed on the ground. Not to frightening and the player probably was of gathering loot else where.

That happened to me today. The building I went into looked like it was looted, and than when I walked outside there was a dead zed on the ground. Not to frightening and the player probably was of gathering loot else where.

that's the scary part. You don't know. As long as there are dead bodies around, and it's not your fault, there is a good chance they hunger for more.

You should've seen this one time when I was sitting in NWAF hangars, hoarding zombies intentionally and killing them into a pile. There were about 30 of them there before I ran across the runways and sat there with my DMR during the night.

One guy in a ghillie starts looting the hangars one-by-one. Until he crouch-walks into the one with the bodies.

He never ran out. He disconnected.

Snap! I hear what you're saying there! I also get that scared feeling when I hear gunshots in the area I am or find a dead survivor...

When you're helpless as a kitten (I'm using this phrase a lot today in posts) and you've spent minutes crawling, and dodging and getting into a building only to find it empty disappoints...

But then, as a Z sprints past the window and into a nearby barn, shortly followed by the shrill note of an Enfield ringing out... That has my pulse rise.

That has me terrorised... Cus that gung ho Enfield Wielding pup has ever reason to bring every Z and leave me crawling empty handed through the mire.

for me the most scary situation similar to OP's has been this...

on an olutta.org hosted server, daylight, about 15 players.

I was low on food and looking for a compas. I had made my way through western roads to Vybor, had looted shops and deerstands on the way and gotten M4 CCO, alicepack and the basic kit. Anyways, I see Vybor, I scout it out and see no-one. Hold off, observing, wait. Wait. My food indicator is bright red, soon going to start blinking, i have to move out and make my way to the shop. So I sneak towards the shop, on the backyards of those apartment buildings (not enterable, but that have passageways and corridoors with loot) near the center of the city. Then I get into a little tight spot with Z's, have to start crawling next to a fence. I see a Zed walking right infront of me, 6 meters away maybe, its not agroing as i am in a bush and next to a concrete wall. It is passin across a road right infront of me.

And then I hear a silenced shot, the zombie drops dead right in front of me. I almost shit myself, do nothing, wait... wait... wait... wait.... no-one to be seen... crawl back... stand and run the hell away from the city with a hoard of zombies behind me :D I ran in zigzag across the fields, ran untill i started loosing health because of hunger and then stopped for some beans :D

I got mah beans though, from the alleyways and sheds of houses, but damn that was some scary stuff. Found the compas two days later.

sorry for my bad english, not a native speaker ^^

• Like 1

I printed the MAP on A3 paper, so I don't really need one. And north can be easily found. Watches are overrated.

But I'd kill for a GPS. So much easier.

But don't you hate it when your hunger is flashing and you forgot to stock up for some odd reason, and you get just as desperate for food as the zeds do?

I'd rush into a village, ignore anything and scan for food. That flashing icon haunts me.

Luckily I usually make sure I have more than enough food and drinks with me. But still.