Sign in to follow this  
Soliloquy

Server Hopping

I was on server X for three weeks, it went offline and to this day has not come back

I was on server Y for 6 days, it went offline and to this day has not come back

I was on server Z the day before yesterday for 2 days and it's not online today

If you want us to stick to the same server I suggest you come up with a better system...

• Like 1

I've only had this happen to one server that I was going to a few times. I usually just join servers with the amount a players I feel like playing with at the time. The only time I'd stick to a server is if I have a vehicle in it, or the server my team that I joined plays on.

hmmm don't think server hopping means what you think it does.

!

I cannot stick to one server if it is not up, so is that not covered by "server hopping"?

You call "that" server hopping? Dude, don't be silly... I change servers every few days, cause there is usually something wrong with them. But I mostly stick to one server

I cannot stick to one server if it is not up, so is that not covered by "server hopping"?

nope. server hopping is, when you go to the barracks in nw airfield and then join another server and loot it there too and then join another server and so on.

nope. server hopping is, when you go to the barracks in nw airfield and then join another server and loot it there too and then join another server and so on.

That is the perfect explanation. =]

Noup... that's not server hooping.

Server hooping when for an example you go to NW baracks and then you change couple servers to get loot on them also.

Or another one is when you see player somewhere and go to different server, change your position to some better one, then go back to first one and kill the plyer

I was on server X for three weeks, it went offline and to this day has not come back

I was on server Y for 6 days, it went offline and to this day has not come back

I was on server Z the day before yesterday for 2 days and it's not online today

If you want us to stick to the same server I suggest you come up with a better system...

Op, sounds to me like you are confused. Sometimes servers "dissapear" as you suggest, because they start running a new patch and they stop showing up on your filter selection. Server hopping is what people do to go from server to server to grab loot, or to bounce to other servers to get behind targets attacking them or for any number of reasons. Both reasons and the action itself are highly frowned upon by the real players in this comunity. I hope your fragile little mind can open up and receive the words I am typing....

THIS.

Happened with my group, too.

On several of the servers that go shut down, we had vehicles.

Op, sounds to me like you are confused. Sometimes servers "dissapear" as you suggest, because they start running a new patch and they stop showing up on your filter selection. Server hopping is what people do to go from server to server to grab loot, or to bounce to other servers to get behind targets attacking them or for any number of reasons. Both reasons and the action itself are highly frowned upon by the real players in this comunity. I hope your fragile little mind can open up and receive the words I am typing....

fortunately for me, my fragile little mind does not understand a word you are saying...

Noup... that's not server hooping.

Server hooping when for an example you go to NW baracks and then you change couple servers to get loot on them also.

Or another one is when you see player somewhere and go to different server, change your position to some better one, then go back to first one and kill the plyer

Your second example is called "ghosting."

edit - for spelling like a dumbass.

Edited by VSnares

Is it server hopping if you change servers in order to find a daytime one or one with enough moonlight/starlight so I can get around?

Is it server hopping if you change servers in order to find a daytime one or one with enough moonlight/starlight so I can get around?

If you use Dayz Commander as your launcher it shows the server time on the server listing. Makes it a lot easier to find one that will fit your needs.

Unfortunately half the time it's displayed wrong, so it seems like it's hit or miss with DayZCommander for me.

I only play at night, without nvg as they are like hen's teeth to none dupers. Playing in the dark just makes the game more spooky.

Because of this I do tend to server hop.

Never to reloot though.

I would be happy for servers to be counted as instances and each character effectively tied to a server - IF they were controlled by the software company and more likely to be alive for the entire life of the mod and eventually the game.