Alexander (DayZ)

Why the Anti PvP arguments are pathetic

I'm sorry, but you are wrong from the get go: there is no dispute over removing or keeping PvP. The discussion is over having a penalty for 'mindless' killing vs not having a penalty for 'mindless' killing.

You are, as a matter of fact, wrong. Two minutes with the search function would reveal people moving to have the PvP aspect struck entirely.

With that mistake and the overall sense of rudeness i get from you, I didn't really read further down your post, let alone down the topic. Sorry to those who did make good points, either way, but your better of keeping your opinions in topics that are already having the true discussion.

I suspect you often don't bother reading people's complete posts, but I don't really care if you read mine or not. Given that just this very night I encountered two people in Usa3 advocating the total removal of PvP aspects I think it's worth making the argument I made. Why don't you take your opinions back to the threads with the "True discussion"? If you've decided you have NOTHING to add to this thread why post at all? Your wisdom is clearly better shown elsewhere.

Ah good so it wasn't just me who picked up on his rudeness.

You are either incredibly sensitive or incredibly bored. Do you require an apology or a good book? I shall provide neither; Nor will anyone else. Why are you here?

While it's important to argue about the various ways the PvP system can be tweaked I also feel it's necessary to argue FOR PvP in and of itself, lest enough of a clamor build up around it's removal that it actually effects the mod.

Regarding the bandits-have-better camouflage bit. I find it far harder to notice people in light desert camouflage as compared to those in white shirts with blue bullet-proof vests. A fact that has helped me track more than one man I found pilfering my stash. But that is by the by.

I'm sorry' date=' but you are wrong from the get go: there is no dispute over removing or keeping PvP. The discussion is over having a penalty for 'mindless' killing vs not having a penalty for 'mindless' killing.[/quote']

You are, as a matter of fact, wrong. Two minutes with the search function would reveal people moving to have the PvP aspect struck entirely.

With that mistake and the overall sense of rudeness i get from you, I didn't really read further down your post, let alone down the topic. Sorry to those who did make good points, either way, but your better of keeping your opinions in topics that are already having the true discussion.

I suspect you often don't bother reading people's complete posts, but I don't really care if you read mine or not. Given that just this very night I encountered two people in Usa3 advocating the total removal of PvP aspects I think it's worth making the argument I made. Why don't you take your opinions back to the threads with the "True discussion"? If you've decided you have NOTHING to add to this thread why post at all? Your wisdom is clearly better shown elsewhere.

Ah good so it wasn't just me who picked up on his rudeness.

You are either incredibly sensitive or incredibly bored. Do you require an apology or a good book? I shall provide neither; Nor will anyone else. Why are you here?

While it's important to argue about the various ways the PvP system can be tweaked I also feel it's necessary to argue FOR PvP in and of itself, lest enough of a clamor build up around it's removal that it actually effects the mod.

Regarding the bandits-have-better camouflage bit. I find it far harder to notice people in light desert camouflage as compared to those in white shirts with blue bullet-proof vests. A fact that has helped me track more than one man I found pilfering my stash. But that is by the by.

Nah I neither expect nor require an apology from you. It is noteworthy that I could deduce from your general poor attitude that you are someone that doesn't find much fault in himself and therefore doesn't see any need for him to ever say he was sorry. That's a personality flaw you might want to look into.

On the PVP, this game would be nothing with PVP. That excitement you get when you're being shot at or chased by a bandit is why I keep playing. If it were pure zombies, I'd get as bored as I do playing in Domination servers.

It's why I played ACE Warfare for so long...the competition between players.

Nah I neither expect nor require an apology from you. It is noteworthy that I could deduce from your general poor attitude that you are someone that doesn't find much fault in himself and therefore doesn't see any need for him to ever say he was sorry. That's a personality flaw you might want to look into.

'We may deduce by his spelling that he either attended school with regularity or is anal rententive; Either of which should lead us to conclude that he had parents that valued accuracy! His long and antagonistic repraisals of argumentative minutae tell us that he has either heard a case before the bench or perhaps brought one - but most tellingly of all, inspector, is the light scattering of spelling mistakes across the lesser used consonants found on a keyboard! To summarize...'

"Holmes, what the devil are you doing on the Dayz forums! The mayor needs you back at Baker street. He's in a deuce of a dilemma!"

'Certainly Watson old man, come inspector!'

:dodgy:

Lol srsly, gtfo. That psychology diploma you cut off the top of a cereal box is impressing no one.

'We may deduce by his spelling that he either attended school with regularity or is anal rententive; Either of which should lead us to conclude that he had parents that valued accuracy! His long and antagonistic repraisals of argumentative minutae tell us that he has either heard a case before the bench or perhaps brought one - but most tellingly of all' date=' inspector, is the light scattering of spelling mistakes across the lesser used consonants found on a keyboard! To summarize...'

"Holmes, what the devil are you doing on the Dayz forums! The mayor needs you back at Baker street. He's in a deuce of a dilemma!"

'Certainly Watson old man, come inspector!'[/i']

:dodgy:

Lol srsly, gtfo. That psychology diploma you cut off the top of a cereal box is impressing no one.

And yet you still persist with your rude ad hominem attacks, even though I was good enough to try and steer the topic back to the point.

We don't disagree on the PVP issue, we're actually quite in parity on that particular subject.

What I take umbrage with is your incessant rudeness, and now your personal attacks. I was merely pointing out that I don't expect someone like you, who is clearly used to making his point with cutting remarks and sarcasm that borders on insults, probably doesn't think that he's in the wrong on any topic and would never "stoop so low" as to apologize for his attitude and the way he approaches things.

Either way, I grow bored of trying to reason with someone like you.

And yet you still persist with your rude ad hominem attacks, even though I was good enough to try and steer the topic back to the point.

Oh you were "good enough" to steer the thread back on topic? What, you don't think that'd already been achieved by the other people posting...err on topic. Possibly not. Good thing you were big enough to put us back on topic after you derailed the discussion in the first place.

We don't disagree on the PVP issue, we're actually quite in parity on that particular subject.

If you don't disagree and you have nothing to add I'll say to you again what I said to you before. Why are you posting here? Seriously.

What I take umbrage with is your incessant rudeness, and now your personal attacks. I was merely pointing out that I don't expect someone like you, who is clearly used to making his point with cutting remarks and sarcasm that borders on insults, probably doesn't think that he's in the wrong on any topic and would never "stoop so low" as to apologize for his attitude and the way he approaches things.

This from the man who called me a "Dick" in his first post. Said he didn't like my "crap" in his second and then tried to engage in a little piece of pop psychology to prove I'm some sort of misanthrope who enjoys upsetting people and is incapable of apologizing. The unspoken rider perhaps being that, of course, I owed him an apology, even though my OP didn't even address him. I'd merely had the temerity to contradict him.

You know what you strike me as tomcat, with your cheap insults and your clever sig'? You look like your average internet rube. When you couldn't bend me to your will with low insults you revert to trying to look like a contemplative moral man, whilst simultaneously disgorging dime-store psychology to cover your own lame attempt to shame me into behaving the way YOU want me to behave. It's not going to happen.

I don't owe you an apology - you owe me one.

Sarcasm isn't a crime.

You're not a psychologist.

Would you like to flounce out now or are you going to stay and, as you have always done so far, add nothing to this discussion? Feel free to stay even so, but please - keep your mouth shut before you embarrass yourself again. :dodgy:

EDIT: I never personally attacked you. I told you to gtfo. I still want you to.

killing new players in the spawning zone(s) should be punishable effort, I agree, but killing everywhere else is fine by me. So far I think it's spawn camping that's taking the fun out of brutal fun.

But how could this be implemented? Maybe the mod could just assume that all the new players who spawn in, say a ten minute period who haven't previously killed each other are "friends" 0- if one of them is shot by someone with a high enough inhumanity level it could say something like "Xyz has been murdered near electro!".

Actually, I was thinking everyone with high enough humanity should just be sort of "on a grapevine" - when a REALLY bad bandit approaches a city they should get notifications: Word should sort of...get round maybe?

"The notorious killer, Zyx has been sighted north of electro, armed with a rifle".

applied only for a very unhumane people.

- Increase their metabolism rate, so they don't camp too long and force them to eat once in a while. Bad boys are hungry men.

- If they die and have a very bad humanity, they end up in a prison for 10 minutes (or small island somewhere in the ocean)

- Make them more vulnerable to zombies.

- Give them a very flashy, alerting (preferably black robes with no body armor!) uniform.

To name a few. There exists a very clever solution to this, we just don't see it yet.

Really decent players will just TELL you who the worst bandits are and announce their last location to everyone. I do that for people that really, REALLY wick me off.

To be fair although looking over his post a little more rested I see your point about the tone of the thread, it still is not very insulting. Yes it is a aggressive way to put forward a opinion but if you did not agree with it you shouldn't have made your response to call him a "dick" and continue a rather dull argument.

IF you do not agree with his post, which was like I said quite a well presented set of points you should simply then make a intelligent response in the form of a few points why PvP is a good thing. By derailing a topic and giving rather short reasons for pro-pvp without backing them up. I personally am Pro-PvP and do not want to see it removed however when people refuse to give explained posts like mine to combat these opinions it just makes us look like we are in the wrong.

when people refuse to give explained posts like mine to combat these opinions it just makes us look like we are in the wrong.

Couldn't agree more old boy. Anytime someone uses the argumentative gambit of "It's obvious" or "It doesn't even need saying" or just trash talking you know they don't really have a point to make. I just wanted to Mount a strong defence of PvP. For the community, for the reviewers, and possibly even for the studios to see so they don't do something god-awful with rocket's awesome mod.

And yet you still persist with your rude ad hominem attacks' date=' even though I was good enough to try and steer the topic back to the point.[/quote']

Oh you were "good enough" to steer the thread back on topic? What, you don't think that'd already been achieved by the other people posting...err on topic. Possibly not. Good thing you were big enough to put us back on topic after you derailed the discussion in the first place.

If you don't disagree and you have nothing to add I'll say to you again what I said to you before. Why are you posting here? Seriously.

This from the man who called me a "Dick" in his first post. Said he didn't like my "crap" in his second and then tried to engage in a little piece of pop psychology to prove I'm some sort of misanthrope who enjoys upsetting people and is incapable of apologizing. The unspoken rider perhaps being that, of course, I owed him an apology, even though my OP didn't even address him. I'd merely had the temerity to contradict him.

You know what you strike me as tomcat, with your cheap insults and your clever sig'? You look like your average internet rube. When you couldn't bend me to your will with low insults you revert to trying to look like a contemplative moral man, whilst simultaneously disgorging dime-store psychology to cover your own lame attempt to shame me into behaving the way YOU want me to behave. It's not going to happen.

I don't owe you an apology - you owe me one.

Sarcasm isn't a crime.

You're not a psychologist.

Would you like to flounce out now or are you going to stay and, as you have always done so far, add nothing to this discussion? Feel free to stay even so, but please - keep your mouth shut before you embarrass yourself again. :dodgy:

EDIT: I never personally attacked you. I told you to gtfo. I still want you to.

Nah I'll stick around because you don't own this site.

Secondly, yeah you were a dick in your original post. I said you were a dick the way you presented your information, and that still stands.

Now with your subsequent posts, "Hurr Durr you add nothing to the conversation GTFO Hurr Durr.." You have proven that you are an even bigger dick than I at first realized.

What's more, someone else AFFIRMED my original analysis that you are indeed a rude fuck, and you're making a useless post because this topic has indeed been trodden over before.

You're basically telling anyone that has ever complained about PVP on this mod that they're "childish" and then decided to even sing them a song about how they should "cry you a river"

And this isn't being a rude fuck how?

Oh wait, I forgot, you're English. So that I guess means you can be an overbearing, rude, sarcastic cunt and no one should ever call you out on it....lest they should "offer nothing to the topic" and "GTFO"

Well Alexander, you've done it my friend. You've proven to me that you're a right twat. Mission Accomplished.

To be fair although looking over his post a little more rested I see your point about the tone of the thread' date=' it still is not very insulting. Yes it is a aggressive way to put forward a opinion but if you did not agree with it you shouldn't have made your response to call him a "dick" and continue a rather dull argument.

IF you do not agree with his post, which was like I said quite a well presented set of points you should simply then make a intelligent response in the form of a few points why PvP is a good thing. By derailing a topic and giving rather short reasons for pro-pvp without backing them up. I personally am Pro-PvP and do not want to see it removed however when people refuse to give explained posts like mine to combat these opinions it just makes us look like we are in the wrong.

[/quote']

I agree, I shouldn't have responded in the first place.

But something about his tone bothered me.

I agree at the end of the day with his premise, it was his execution and delivery I took offense to.

Also, what gets me...is this guy can be sarcastic, rude, and downright an asshole to people...but I call him a dick once...and his little feelings are hurt.

Someone can dish it out but can't take it methinks. ;0)

I think calling someone a dick is being more of a dick than just being sarcastic at someone. Sarcasm is par for the course in England when you're trying to sink someone's argument although this may not be the case where you are from. It'd be a funny world if we were all alike wouldn't it?

I care little about "Catching flies".

No' date=' you had a HIGH amount of douchbag in your tone, and it's fairly evident your only goal with this post was to troll people and tell them they're fucking stupid for their opinion.

ROCKET HAS ALREADY STATED HE WON'T CHANGE HOW PVP IS. It's part of the MOD. Making threads like this ONLY serves one purpose: to fuck with people.

[b']You're an asshole Alexander. Simple and sweet, fuck off.

Well, quite. I just wish you wouldn't; That's all.

Secondly, yeah you were a dick in your original post. I said you were a dick the way you presented your information, and that still stands.

If you're going to continue to call me a dick I take it you won't mind me addressing you as fuckwit from here on in? I thought I was merely making my case with a sprinkle of sarcasm.

Now with your subsequent posts, "Hurr Durr you add nothing to the conversation GTFO Hurr Durr.." You have proven that you are an even bigger dick that I at first realized.

When I say you have added nothing to the topic the hyperbole is slight - shall we conduct a wordcount with reference to how much your posts concern the original topic? I'm betting the result would embarrass you. Why don't you nullify the allegation by, I dunno, getting BACK ON TOPIC. HERP DERP.

What's more, someone else AFFIRMED my original analysis that you are indeed a rude fuck, and you're making a useless post because this topic has indeed been trodden over before.

One person said they had a "rude feeling" about my OP. Do you want your slow handclap now or later? No one else seemed to have a problem with it - they even managed to stay on topic instead of blurting out insults like a toddler with tourettes, or a fuckwit. The topic is still being beaten out. Have you seen the post by the guy who wants a no PvP server? Don't tell me you haven't seen people online complaining and saying "they should take out the PvP kills" etc etc. If you have then I am truly surprised.

You're basically telling anyone that has ever complained about PVP on this mod that they're "childish" and then decided to even sing them a song about how they should "cry you a river"

No, I am not. worked up into a little whirl of frenzied malevolence you cannot even get your facts straight. Think before you type.

Someone who spits on your shoes and call you a faggot is a rude fuck. Someone who uses sarcasm on the internetz is called an internet user.

Oh wait, I forgot, you're English. So that I guess means you can be an overbearing, rude, sarcastic cunt and no one should ever call you out on it....lest they should "offer nothing to the topic" and "GTFO"

This is now bordering on racism. I was never trying to hide behind my nationality when I mentioned my nationality it was only to tell you that I am English and probably know better than you what passes for normal disputation in England. Surely this is evident? I now dub thee, fuckwit.

Well Alexander, you've done it my friend. You've proven to me that you're a right twat. Mission Accomplished.

:rolleyes:

No, you had a HIGH amount of douchbag in your tone, and it's fairly evident your only goal with this post was to troll people and tell them they're fucking stupid for their opinion.

ROCKET HAS ALREADY STATED HE WON'T CHANGE HOW PVP IS. It's part of the MOD. Making threads like this ONLY serves one purpose: to fuck with people.

You're an asshole Alexander. Simple and sweet, fuck off.

Ah, you may make that two people who thought my original post classed as rude. Never let it be said I do not show due diligence to the argument.

My intention was not troll anyone...Mr... I forget what your name is and I can't be bothered looking. Rocket may have stated it but people may be put off by too much complaint about how PvP unbalances the game. Or worse still, a developers studio might try and remove it altogether. I was simply advocating for it. Why on earth would I wan't to fuck with people on here, in my first post, for no reason. Aren't there easier ways to do this than a 5 paragraph diatribe? I ask the members, does this make sense?

I'm pleased to say I will not fuck off.

I hate to interrupt a such a delightful spat, but I felt like diving in and agreeing with the original point of this post:

PVP is completely necessary for the genuine zombie-survival genre feel, and artificial constraints will only serve to lessen this immersion (even the bandit skin is a cop-out in my opinion). Good job mod, stay the course.

Well' date=' quite. I just wish you wouldn't; That's all.

If you're going to continue to call me a dick I take it you won't mind me addressing you as fuckwit from here on in? I thought I was merely making my case with a sprinkle of sarcasm.

Now with your subsequent posts, "Hurr Durr you add nothing to the conversation GTFO Hurr Durr.." You have proven that you are an even bigger dick that I at first realized.

When I say you have added nothing to the topic the hyperbole is slight - shall we conduct a wordcount with reference to how much your posts concern the original topic? I'm betting the result would embarrass you. Why don't you nullify the allegation by, I dunno, getting BACK ON TOPIC. HERP DERP.

One person said they had a "rude feeling" about my OP. Do you want your slow handclap now or later? No one else seemed to have a problem with it - they even managed to stay on topic instead of blurting out insults like a toddler with tourettes, or a fuckwit. The topic is still being beaten out. Have you seen the post by the guy who wants a no PvP server? Don't tell me you haven't seen people online complaining and saying "they should take out the PvP kills" etc etc. If you have then I am truly surprised.

No, I am not. worked up into a little whirl of frenzied malevolence you cannot even get your facts straight. Think before you type.

Someone who spits on your shoes and call you a faggot is a rude fuck. Someone who uses sarcasm on the internetz is called an internet user.

This is now bordering on racism. I was never trying to hide behind my nationality when I mentioned my nationality it was only to tell you that I am English and probably know better than you what passes for normal disputation in England. Surely this is evident? I now dub thee, fuckwit.

:rolleyes:

tl;dr More of the same old bullshit.

Though I have to point out....English isn't a race you dumb fuck.

English is a nationality. White or Black is a Race.

So in turn....I dub thee, fuckwit cunt.

tl;dr More of the same old bullshit.

Not answering the points because you can't I expect.

Though I have to point out....English isn't a race you dumb fuck.

English is a nationality. White or Black is a Race.

Got me there. You're not bordering on racism you're bordering on...hmm Nationalism is the spirit of collective identification with a national group...Looking for a word here that means the kind of person who'll bring someone's nationality into an argument to condemn them (Orrr yerr and u can just say that coz u ENglish RITE?). Someone like you really. Nationism? I don't know the word and I ended up using the wrong one so you're quite right there. But let's face it, it's not really kosher is it?

Additionally: I'm sure there are more races than white and black.

So in turn....I dub thee, fuckwit cunt.

I bet you're the best trash-talker in your school aren't you? :D