Hikurac

Gaining good equipment.

Ok so you recently started DayZ, you're eager to get new gear, so you should go to Cherno right? Wrong!

Yes the larger cities are known for their capacity of supplies, but what people don't seem to understand is that there is plenty of gear there but it's usually only decent level gear, and it's more hostile of an area.

Acquiring good gear takes time and travel, if you're not a patient person then the idea of a survival game is kinda contradictory to you in the first place.

Lets say you want certain equipment such as NV Goggles or a high end weapon such as a FN FAL, then you want to go to the international airfield barracks.

I know the barracks are a intimidating place to be, but the best way I get there after a fresh spawn is to go to a low population server, and search the southern coastal towns for a map and an old bike, that way you can use the map to target the barracks by shift+clicking the desired location, and the bike will allow faster access without the need for fuel.

Also the ghillie suit are one of the most sought after items in Chernarus and the best places to get these are castle gates, which are also a common traffic area, but nowhere near as bad as Cherno nor the airfield.

The best backpacks are most commonly found in deer stands scattered all across Chernarus, be careful though because they are commonly guarded by a small group of military zombies, and a police zombie.

If you don't know the locations of these areas then use this interact-able map on the DayZ Wiki: http://db.dayzwiki.com/map/chernarus

Just put what you're looking for in the item name box and the location of said item will appear, then you can use the loot chance scroll bar to the left to see which locations have the highest chance of holding the item.

The point is don't be cheap, lazy, and charge into a large city for high quantity, moderate quality items, when you can be safer obtaining better quality ones. I survived for four days straight and had all the top gear items, ghillie suit, AS50, NVG's, GPS, etc, just don't get carried away with loot farming like I did and ended up spending too much time in one location, stay mobile.

Good luck and if you ever see me out there, remember, i'm here to help, chances are i'll have equipment to give you, so keep your firearm holstered.

Edited by Hikurac
  • Like 7

Go to Electro = Problem solved, go to the sniper hills and kill the snipers up the...

Again this is a guide for new players with most likely no equipment or weapons, not for bandits decked out to kill.

Sheesh you act like I'm saying to live only in low population servers, just do it until you get a weapon at least if you guys really hate this post (though none of you are actually new in the first place) then tell me how to delete it. I will if according to everybody it's terrible, guess I'm not a guide guy.

Lol bonehead.. Didn't you just get done posting on my other thread? Why do you think I server hop?

Its an Ok guide for fresh spawns who want to get out but I would oviously recommend you loot a supermarket to get some food and drink.

Yeah of course the supermarkets but again, it was created to explain how to get good equipment. Sadly though I'm apparently terrible at giving advice.

I just don't like seeing some new player run into a big city because that's where everyone says to go then gets shot down. Like a few days ago there was a fresh spawn, had an old bike with me so I caught up to him offering supplies, but he just seemed scared, and set on going to electro, kept offering but he kept running so I let it go and followed from a distance. Lost him in the city, heard some gunshots, saw his name appear, felt bad.

Could you perhaps name ones specifically?

Edited by Hikurac

As for the equipment locations and chances, they are correct, yeah I know the guide is terrible but the facts are true. Shift clicking, old bike, airfield equipment, ghillie, large cities being hostile, rarely holding worthwhile gear, etc. I know it's posted terribly but if something isn't true then tell me specifically, that way I'm not screwing myself over in the near future.

As for the equipment locations and chances, they are correct, yeah I know the guide is terrible but the facts are true. Shift clicking, old bike, airfield equipment, ghillie, large cities being hostile, rarely holding worthwhile gear, etc. I know it's posted terribly but if something isn't true then tell me specifically, that way I'm not screwing myself over in the near future.

Ok so you recently started DayZ, you're eager to get new gear, so you should go to Cherno right? Wrong!

Yes the larger cities are known for their capacity of supplies, but what people don't seem to understand is that there is plenty of gear there but it's usually only decent level gear, and it's more hostile of an area.

Acquiring good gear takes time and travel, if you're not a patient person then the idea of a survival game is kinda contradictory to you in the first place. Somewhat false. You could get lucky and find everything needed to survive in a trip to elektro, then find a chopper crash in moglevika with an as50, mk48, coyote backpack and gps, then nvgs off a zombie or something. It'd be almost impossible though.

Lets say you want certain equipment such as NV Goggles or a high end weapon such as a FN FAL, then you want to go to the international airfield barracks.

I know the barracks are a intimidating place to be, but the best way I get there after a fresh spawn is to go to a low population server, and search the southern coastal towns for a map and an old bike, that way you can use the map to target the barracks by shift+clicking the desired location, and the bike will allow faster access without the need for fuel. Bikes on coastal areas are usually taken, at least in my experience. You might get lucky though.

Also the ghillie suit are one of the most sought after items in Chernarus and the best places to get these are castle gates, which are also a common traffic area, but nowhere near as bad as Cherno nor the airfield. You want as many civilian spawns as possible. Then loot all of them.

The best backpacks are most commonly found in deer stands scattered all across Chernarus, be careful though because they are commonly guarded by a small group of military zombies, and a police zombie. While you can find the best backpack in a deerstand, it's VERY RARE. You'd be better off grabbing an alice from cherno/elektro. Or find the coyote backpack at barracks or stary or something. Also you said backpacks. I don't think alices and czechs spawn in deerstand, and an ACU is nowhere near a best backpack.

If you don't know the locations of these areas then use this interact-able map on the DayZ Wiki: http://db.dayzwiki.com/map/chernarus

Just put what you're looking for in the item name box and the location of said item will appear, then you can use the loot chance scroll bar to the left to see which locations have the highest chance of holding the item.

The point is don't be cheap, lazy, and charge into a large city for high quantity, moderate quality items, when you can be safer obtaining better quality ones. I survived for four days straight and had all the top gear items, ghillie suit, AS50, NVG's, GPS, etc, just don't get carried away with loot farming like I did and ended up spending too much time in one location, stay mobile.

Good luck and if you ever see me out there, remember, i'm here to help, chances are i'll have equipment to give you, so keep your firearm holstered.

Bah forgot to put my stuff in color. Oh well.

Edited by Angryofficer

there are good stuffs in cherno and elektro but you need a lot of luck to get it. there are firestation and medic camp in cherno where you can find nice weapons just like you can found in airfields. Best weapons are on heli crush sites, but new players should first learn map and than start to look for PvP part of game. For new players AKM or Lee is ok since they in most cases will not even see enemy before they kill them.

As a player downloading Dayz right now, I just wanted to say thank you for this guide, I will look for a supermarket first thing for some supplies then avoid large cities at all costs and try looking for these better items.

I don't get this guide, the first thing anyone wants to do when first starting up a life is gear up with at least reasonable gear. Going into the Big Cities is the best way to do that. Yes it is dangerous, but what else do you expect? Before moving off the coast you at least want to find yourself a bigger bag, a gun, a map/compass, The Fabled Trio and a water bottle.

Without these you're not going to get very far inland, and getting a bike? Most people are not going to see a bike at the spawn, because someone else will have made off with it already, so that seems like a strange thing to suggest as well.

But yes the places you've mentioned are the best places to go for high end loot (don't forget Helicopter Crash sites) but I would learn how the game plays out a bit before going anywhere near the NW Airfield.

And my own personal tip is to definitely hit up a Big City to begin with, just try on a low pop server and make a run for it, you can find almost everything to survive on one run through either Cherno or Elektro. Also it is probably less of a pain to die quickly in town, than it is to get all the way to the Airfield just to get shot by some Sniper waiting for people.

1 - Spawn

2 - Run like loony through nearest large city snatch basics up dont give a sh@t if you die as you should at this point have been alive at most 15 minutes

3 - Head North up coast

4 - Loot Berezino 2 supermarkets, 3 aprtment blovks, hospital and 4 military tents = PROFIT

5 - Head further North live off land and raid camps in under 3 hours from spawn you will likely have all top notch kit and weapons.

Bingo thats my guide and I'm sure in reference to the OP that the big backpacks dont spawn in deerstands.

• Like 1

1 - Spawn

2 - Run like loony through nearest large city snatch basics up dont give a sh@t if you die as you should at this point have been alive at most 15 minutes

3 - Head North up coast

4 - Loot Berezino 2 supermarkets, 3 aprtment blovks, hospital and 4 military tents = PROFIT

5 - Head further North live off land and raid camps in under 3 hours from spawn you will likely have all top notch kit and weapons.

Bingo thats my guide and I'm sure in reference to the OP that the big backpacks dont spawn in deerstands.

I've seen at least two Coyote Backpacks in the deerstands, so they do spawn there, but it is a low spawn chance, and only two loot spots on the deerstand. This is not the place I would search for them myself.

Well if you spawn and you have nothing, you will lose nothing.

Rambo rush into Cherno, ignore everything and just loot like a crazed man.

If you die for any reason, you just spawn again, and rush some more.

But if you a geared up and needs supplies you automatically take the ninja mode, and check what you do.

I don't mind the help at all. Thanks!

I have yet to see a bicycle, but I do agree with avoiding the big cities.

Sure, I have done the nothing-to-lose rush into Cherno or Electro, to get what I can and get out, but that's only with the spawns that are close. Otherwise I don't bother.

I love spawning next to Kamenka. :)