mzltv

Deer Stands

Hi there,

Feel like a top n00blet asking this, considering I've been on DayZ for over a month now, but... what the hell is a deer stand?

I've probably looted one before, or walked past one, but I can't for the love of me visualize one when I hear the word 'deer stand'.

Cheers chaps!

If you would have taken the time to google it instead of starting a thread, you would probably had to type less and gotten your answer sooner :P

However, you would have stumbled amongst the likes of these:

DSC02503.jpg

Thank you to those who clarified the definition for me, and those who acted like a condescending cock-rot.

Thank you to those who clarified the definition for me' date=' and those who acted like a condescending cock-rot.

[/quote']

If you are talking about my post or cromelex, please note I never intended it to be sarcastic, just a reminder. But you are truly ungrateful.

Thank you to those who clarified the definition for me' date=' and those who acted like a condescending cock-rot.

[/quote']

If you are talking about my post or cromelex, please note I never intended it to be sarcastic, just a reminder. But you are truly ungrateful.

I think he meant the douche that posted that LMGTFY link. People that do that really are douches.

All things considered, he could have thought the deer stand was a Arma 2 DayZ only item thus making the forums a smarter choice then google.

I think he meant the douche that posted that LMGTFY link. People that do that really are douches.

All things considered' date=' he could have thought the deer stand was a Arma 2 DayZ only item thus making the forums a smarter choice then google.

[/quote']

I usually don't mind helping people and even doing the googling for them, but still I rather prefer searching for stuff than burdening other people with my question. Even still, you can google "deer stand dayz" and still find results.

Still you are right, I don't really the lmgtfy links, but they do get the point across with these things.

I think he should be glad that nobody posted stuff like this. :P

http://www.murielanderson.com/gallery/studio-09/Deer_standing_ovation.jpg

That would be funny :D

Anyways it is a legit question' date=' since I've encountered several people already, who could not speak or understand English that well and asked me "What's a deer stand?"

[/quote']

I did not know it, I googled it. Still again, I don't mind googling something quick and giving people the advice to check google, as it saves them and other people time. Actually it is the same as posting a LMGTFY link, but in a nicer way. :)

Gouki has the right pic and you find them mostly along open fields "near" town just in the wood line ( where the woods start ) generally in a cluster of trees of near them.

Balota Military base also has four of them, located on each corner. Usually teo spwns per tower with a mixed bag of results but you can find military weapons in them.

[/quote']

All things considered, he could have thought the deer stand was a Arma 2 DayZ only item thus making the forums a smarter choice then google.

People that teach a man to fish instead of just giving it to him are douches. Noted.

[/quote']

Well people generally expect you to search before you ask - this doesn't exclude "New Player" questions.

But yeah - deer stands serve as a camouflaged hunting tool/spot for hunters when hunting wildlife.