Sign in to follow this  
Martin1454

Launch OA without Day Z

Since i installed Day Z commander, i use that for launching day Z, but i also enjoy ARMA 2 OA vanilla -

so i have the game on steam, i have steam, dayz commander and six launcher installed - how do i launch the ARMA 2 OA without Day z?

i have removed the "@Day z " thing in the steam launch properties?

so what do i have to do to play the normal game?

goto steam library and double click ARMA2: Operation Arrowhead

still does not work....

it is while i try to launch using steam (launch day z whitout steam normaly) it opens the game in day z mode :/

Well first off, you don't need to put the "@DayZ" in the steam launch parameters if you're using DayZ Commander, because it automatically does that for you. If you want to play just regular ArmA: OA, then you can go to your Steam library, click on the play option of ArmA: OA, and then select Launch As ArmA: Combined Operations.

Hope this helped!

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Goto there or where ever your folder is located

Click Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch done.

This opens the game and let's you play singleplayer.

Edited by RyanH100

Well first off, you don't need to put the "@DayZ" in the steam launch parameters if you're using DayZ Commander, because it automatically does that for you. If you want to play just regular ArmA: OA, then you can go to your Steam library, click on the play option of ArmA: OA, and then select Launch As ArmA: Combined Operations.

Hope this helped!

well, i can't launch any ARMA types whitout the day z mod :/

i tried launching Combined operations, Operation arrowhead from steam ( whitout @DayZ) - i even tried launching C:\STEAM\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead - ArmA2OA.EXE

and i still launches whit Day Z

When launching DayZ through Steam, your Launch options should read:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@dayz

To stop playing DayZ, you just need to remove the -mod=@dayz section.

To get to this you right click your ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead game in your list (NOT original ARMA 2), then click Properties, then click "Set Launch Options". Remove the -mod=@dayz section then be sure to click Okay to save your changes.

If you've done this correctly, you should be able to launch it normally.

If its still loading DayZ even after you've done that, then chaces are your actual ARMA2:OA exe has launch properties set on it too.

When launching DayZ through Steam, your Launch options should read:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@dayz

To stop playing DayZ, you just need to remove the -mod=@dayz section.

To get to this you right click your ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead game in your list (NOT original ARMA 2), then click Properties, then click "Set Launch Options". Remove the -mod=@dayz section then be sure to click Okay to save your changes.

If you've done this correctly, you should be able to launch it normally.

If its still loading DayZ even after you've done that, then chaces are your actual ARMA2:OA exe has launch properties set on it too.

Well, i dont have any launch properties at all at any of the games, but i still launches whit day z, so how do i see my ARMA II OA.EXE properties(outside steam)?

well, i can't launch any ARMA types whitout the day z mod :/

i tried launching Combined operations, Operation arrowhead from steam ( whitout @DayZ) - i even tried launching C:\STEAM\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead - ArmA2OA.EXE

and i still launches whit Day Z

Go into your base Operation Arrowhead folder. Probably:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Right click on arma2oa.exe. Bring up Properties. See if there's an -mod=@dayz parameters listed there.

Go into the game. Go to expansions. Remove(disable) @dayz and Dayz. It will tell you you need to restart. Click ok. The game will restart. Enjoy Vanilla Arma 2.

Edited by Sheepdawg

Go into your base Operation Arrowhead folder. Probably:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Right click on arma2oa.exe. Bring up Properties. See if there's an -mod=@dayz parameters listed there.

Well i dont see anything "Day Z"

Another thing you could try is simply removing the @dayz folder from your Arma2OA folder temporarily.

Go into the game. Go to expansions. Remove(disable) @dayz and Dayz. It will tell you you need to restart. Click ok. The game will restart. Enjoy Vanilla Arma 2.

I quote myself because i KNOW that this works as I have to do that exact thing when i want to use the mission editor or play Domination/Insurgency Mod.

Edited by Sheepdawg

I quote myself because i KNOW that this works as I have to do that exact thing when i want to use the mission editor or play Domination/Insurgency Mod.

well, this is what i see in the expansions menu - and i cant click disable at any of the dlc's k3gM2.jpg

You could also go to your base ARMA 2 OA folder and double click the "Lauch ARMA 2 OA Beta Patch" shortcut.

If this still brings up DayZ, then maybe you've installed DayZ into the main ARMA 2 OA files, so ARMA 2 things DayZ is part of the regular game? I dunno if this is possible or not.

well, this is what i see in the expansions menu - and i cant click disable at any of the dlc's k3gM2.jpg

Doesn't look like DayZ is actually running there.

Did you try going into the Multiplayer "Filter" settings and removing "DayZ" from the filter.

Are you trying to play multiplayer or singleplayer ARMA 2? If you're trying to play Multiplayer then maybe you're just seeing DayZ multiplayer servers, even though you're not actually running the mod.

Edited by MykeMichail

You could also go to your base ARMA 2 OA folder and double click the "Lauch ARMA 2 OA Beta Patch" shortcut.

If this still brings up DayZ, then maybe you've installed DayZ into the main ARMA 2 OA files, so ARMA 2 things DayZ is part of the regular game? I dunno if this is possible or not.

Doesn't look like DayZ is actually running there.

Did you try going into the Multiplayer "Filter" settings and removing "DayZ" from the filter.

Are you trying to play multiplayer or singleplayer DayZ? If you're trying to play Multiplayer then maybe you're just seeing DayZ multiplayer servers, even though you're not actually running the mod.

trying to play singleplay - not day z single player - but ARMA II OA singleplayer

my startup screen using steam OA only, combined or BAF, or just the OA.exe - all looks likes this when i start up lubQ6.jpg

Where did DayZ commander install the DayZ files?

Are they under a folder called @DayZ in your base Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder?

PS. This is why I don't use shitty third-party programs to launch mods.

What is "Expansion"? Perhaps DayZ Commander or whatever you use named it that? Have you tried disablng them 1 by 1(not Arma 2 or operation arrowhead obviously).