RECphantom

Alpha testing is over for mod

I honestly think that would be amazing. Having to FIND a radio in the first place; changing frequencies and constantly trying to feel out if someone else is out there by broadcasting yourself. Trying to communicate with friends while all the while knowing someone could have found your frequency and is listening the whole time (or doing the same to others). Sadly, I think people will always use an external voice chat like TeamSpeak/etc. and such immersion will never come to fruition. But, a man can dream!

This is available through ACRE which I believe is part of the ACE mod which unfortunately probably won't get into DayZ but it would be awesome if if could. The radios in this mod will degrade over distance or terrain so you will hear people get more and more garbled but the immersion is great.

I mean hell Minecraft alpha was far from perfect but its funny how Notch is always keeping his fans in the loop and addressed issues at a resonable pace

ARMA 2 Day Z mod is not the same as minecraft. While both are alpha releases Day Z mod is just a Mod of a game.

The Day z Standalone will be though, and I can bet Rocket will be there for it.

The mod is really just an experiment gone well for all of it's flaws.

• Like 1

If you are getting bored/fed up with the mod, take a break. I just had a long break from DayZ myself, now it feels a bit fresh again.

Complaining that Rocket is not working as fast as you would like him to seems a little bit self-obsessed in my opinion.

I don't think anyone is questioning how hard Rocket is working. I know he is working his butt off to make the game right. However, isolating himself from the forums is probably not the best approach. Standalone may be high priority right now but even if there was a new post for things being worked on for 1.7.3 with updates on progress, it would go along way. This was done for every other patch, why not 1.7.3?

If you need me, i will be on the Elektro hospital with a LeEnfield.

EDITED: To much off topic

Edited by Secutor

I think everyone has lost sight of the true question behind this post.

Yeah your right, sorry for the OT

Well, actually on topic, alpha is in no way over until it's stated as such. And that's up to the devs. So we all know the main current problems, but with whatever update comes next, comes more "alpha testing" so unless there's no more updates, at all, then yeah sure, it's sort of over if you want. But otherwise no, everyone stop going crazy.

I suppose you're right. The only reasonable thing to do is take a break from the mod itself, and keep a watchful eye out for information leading to an update or the stand alone! I suppose i can keep myself busy on GW2 for the time being.

Would it matter if they changed the home page image to say "Release" and confirmed it with a post in here saying "it is, what it is, bugs and all", would people stop going on about alpha then?

I doubt it.

Would it matter if they changed the home page image to say "Release" and confirmed it with a post in here saying "it is, what it is, bugs and all", would people stop going on about alpha then?

I doubt it.

Just because you can pose a hypothetical doesn't make it valid. That's like saying "What if I write "orange" on this apple with a sharpie, huh? What now?" Sure, you could technically do the task. But how does it validate or mean *anything*? Simply declaring the alpha version "Release" with no changes would never happen, as it makes no sense.

Perhaps what you meant to say is:

"What if Rocket said he was ceasing development on DayZ Mod and that there would be no further versions beyond 1.7.2.5 alpha?"

In that case... so what? That's perfectly valid for Rocket to do. He won't, as he's already stated as much. But, so what if he did? It's his mod. No one has given him a dime for it. He's not obligated to continue to develop DayZ Mod. The tsunami of tears about "BUT I PAID $30 FOR ARMA2:CO" would be hilarious, though.

To address your "point" more specifically, ceasing development of the mod would certainly end the "but it's alpha" chants. It would be replaced with "why cry about it? Development has ended. Go write your own mod if you want to see the bugs fixed". But it's pretty pointless to talk about something that clearly is not happening. DayZ Mod development is still in motion.

• Like 1