Porkroll

Helicopter crash animation

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this already but here it goes

Suggestion: Every now then a triggered helicopter crash animation appears in the sky and crashes down somewhere on the map? Maybe 2-3 times after every server restart? The chopper would include the same rare gear found in other crashes.

I think it would be a fun/good idea because of the increase of competition it will bring, it might even encourage a bit of teamwork!

E.g

You're running across the open field and all of a sudden you see a chopper crashing down in the distance, you and several others would've seen/heard the crash so you make your way there as fast as possible to obtain some gear!

Why this would increase competition:

It would literally be a race for the best gear in the game, producing a high chance that maybe a few squads will run into each other as the chopper wouldve been seen or heard by several others, forcing a shoot off.

Why this would encourage teamwork!

It would be handy to have a few extras covering you while you loot the gear, so maybe people playing solo may be encouraged to not shoot on sight when they see other survivors heading towards the crash? Instead they may work together to secure and split the loot.

Tell me what you guys think!

EDIT: I dunno if this would be able to be implemented in the alpha or not, if not then an idea for the standalone maybe?

Edited by Porkroll
  • Like 1

Yeah maybe have it fly a little ways across the map to get players attentions. It would obviously have some sort of logo on it or be a different model from the one players can fly. (As to no confuse. =P)

It wouldn't be a bad idea, but aren't there quite a bit of crash sites on a map at a time? Maybe this one would be special and have more loot? Maybe not just great weaponry, but medical supplies n' ghillies, other gear, ect. Player would really want to get to that crash site for sure.

Complete waste of artist resources if you ask me. Why? There are so much else that needs to be done, like better animations, more enter-able buildings, better weather effects, more scary looking zombies, add more fauna, etc etc etc...

i think its a great idea, although since theres already crashes with guns maybe it should be a medical helicopter with heaps of bandages,food,epipens,morphine ETC

It would hardly require any animations, just a script to spawn a chopper, make it fly somewhere and then remove the AI pilot and it will crash violently.

i think its a great idea, although since theres already crashes with guns maybe it should be a medical helicopter with heaps of bandages,food,epipens,morphine ETC

there are allready crashed heli's with medical boxes

It would hardly require any animations, just a script to spawn a chopper, make it fly somewhere and then remove the AI pilot and it will crash violently.

I love the idea of an AI flying a helicopter and then just disappearing :D

It would be an awesome thing to add

what about chopper crashes, but with food and water instead?

or....WOOF WOOF :D

I must say that the moment in Dead Island where you see the plane go overhead about to crash in the jungle was pretty cool.