xAkantor

Character Gear Customization

Upon longer thought I found my idea to "Not be for this game"

Edited by xAkantor

There was a rough concept done by one of the devs and posted here on the forums. Can't recall where it is, exactly.

But there are going to be a TON of slots for you to fill up with stuff. Including eye-wear and headgear.

Maybe in the stand alone version, but yes this has been brought up many many times now. I'd love to have it, and I'm positive most of use would too. I know some servers already allow you to put on a custom skin, through the game itself.

I like the idea.

And im for a full characktercreation option. So you can rebuild your own person ingame like in APB or saints row 3.

Yes and if you die, you can keep your gear but have it changed to male/female depending on what you want to spawn with. Also the ability to hand out gear that provide abilities like this jacket will keep you warmer than this long sleeve shirt or these glasses will block more sun but not dim your view like these goggles. something like that.

This also opens up a trading system for players like say you bought a certain helmet but you dont want that anymore, so you find someone with extra gear they dont need and you ask if they would like to trade with you. The amounts of gear trades with this could be endless. Like if i buy an item and put it on and i think it looks gaudy or gross and i dont like it anymore and i cant get a refund. Now i can go to an underground city some clan has built and find someone who trades gear for other stuff.

Edited by xAkantor

I like the idea.

And im for a full characktercreation option. So you can rebuild your own person ingame like in APB or saints row 3.

Gotta love a good game with good customization. It would be a lot of work for the team though just to have something that people will use for 1/7th of game play time. (Give er' take)

I bought APB a tiny while before it go shut down... I purchased it a couple days before the cut off to get a refund, so I hate seeing anything about that game. But love the customization in both games. =]

Well if you can earn the points by playing the game and performing certain actions it wouldn't be so bad losing items when you die, it would also put a lot of pressure on co-op play so you don't lose something you fought really hard to get. Lets say you buy a gillie suit. You paid 15000 for it and you know its hard to earn those points back. Would you shoot the next person you see that's wearing one? Or would you stop ask if he is willing to just walk by and not shoot so he doesn't lose his new gillie?

I realize there is a problem. A few problems....

How do you impliment these points?

How would you obtain them?

Could Players use this as currency?

How Would players trade the points?

Believe me the point system is a bit of a hassle but if you can find a way to do it. It could be a good investment.

Exactly. Again it'd be a lot of work, and it's just not for this game. To much change will make players upset, and currency is a for sure no go. We will see what Rocket's got up his sleeves!

Thinking about it, the way of getting the stuff is a bad idea. I will revamp my idea.