Ajvkorn

How long does it take for weapons/items to spawn?

Can't figure out how to work this properly to search in these forums for this answer. My question is if you go into a building that nobody has been in yet, how long does it take for the items/weapons to spawn in? Do you have to do something? Ty in advance.

If you spawned in the building or arrived in a vehicle, they won't spawn until you move far enough away to trigger the spawn.

If you spawned in the building or arrived in a vehicle, they won't spawn until you move far enough away to trigger the spawn.

Actually thats not necessarily true about items not spawning when you arrive in vehicles. They actually will spawn. Its only Zombies that won't spawn when your in a vehicle. Although yeah, if its playing up I would get out and come in on foot again, but something Ive tested, the loot will quite regularly spawn whilst coming via vehicle as Ive seen it happen whilst still in the vehicle and nobody else around.

iirc loot respawn is on a 10-minute server timer. All empty loot spots will be refreshed every 10 minutes IF no one is near the location.

If there is junk in a pile and you want it to respawn you need to pick up the junk and move it away from the loot spawn location.

This is a problem thats bugged me since I first started playing a couple of weeks ago.

Seemingly if I spring up to a barn from the middle of nowhere, and I get there 'before the game realises Im going there', then ALL of the loot spots will be empty. Not managed to find anything on this topic in the search function or YouTube, but its really frustrating to sneak up to Stary or something, get to the tents, and find no piles of loot. Not even junk.

Theres no way that they've "already" been looted because it happens with Supermarkets, Schools, Fire Stations.

Do you need to be 200m away when the 10min rolling timer hits? And also does this 10min timer run at the same intervals for every building in the game? I feel like I have to sneak up to every building now to generate loot and its kind of annoying - especially when youre a fresh spawn. When I was a noob it was fine because I was over cautious anyway but now when I fresh spawn and I want to sprint through cities and just gear up quickly I cant because things dont happen.

TLDR :

If you get to a building really quickly loot doesnt always spawn? Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution?