Sprigglez

Crowbar uses?

When it comes to melee I know the hatchet is highly preferred over the crowbar. Not only it is a good melee but not to mention u can gather firewood with it, but what of the crowbar? Compared to the hatchet it is rather weaker, takes more hits to kill a zombie. What if there was a way that something like crates were randomly spawned on the map, only way to open them is by crowbar. One crate type can have somthing like food and drinks, also have a rarer military crate that contains a weapon or two with ammo for it. It seems like a tall order but it was just an idea I had. :|

• Like 13

Wow, its really good to see someone post some good and logic idea. Take my beans))

Finally the crowbar would become a little bit help and useful

...also have a rarer military crate that contains a weapon or two with ammo for it...

Nice idea! The quoted part I particularly like!

Rather than having guns just on the floor of heli crash sites all the time (have them only appear on the floor in like 1 in 5 times), have a crate that as you said have to break into to get the weapons. Actually make the crowbar have some sort of practical use, and those who don't have them, can't get to the decent loot!

I like to think the best suggestions are ones that improve the features already implemented in the game, rather than creating new ones from scratch. And I've always been against the whole random spawn thing, since it makes the game a gamble rather than survival with a certain progression.

I'd love to give the crowbar more uses, among those having stuff like lockable doors and cars, with crowbars being one way to open them. Or maybe using it to destroy sandbag fortifications, or to pull out a part of a car that you need for yours.

Edited by LatinGeek

i`m not sure what kind of box it has to be, that only crowbar can unlock it.

dont get me wrong, i do like to see some purpose for crowbar, but i dont want to see another dumb limitation, like inability to gut animal with a hatchet, to be added.

Hello there

Whilst we do need to find alternate uses for the crowbar, military ammo and weapon boxes have been openable without special tools since around the time of Rourkes Drift in the Zulu wars, although i am sure there are exceptions.

But it does need some kind of use, like opening player locked doors. Which would be an interesting mechanic IMHO.

rgds

LoK

i`m not sure what kind of box it has to be, that only crowbar can unlock it.

dont get me wrong, i do like to see some purpose for crowbar, but i dont want to see another dumb limitation, like inability to gut animal with a hatchet, to be added.

Opening a crate with a hatchet should be possible, but would require multiple strikes and maybe a risk of destroying the item inside. This would make the crowbar preferable (right tool for the job).

I'd love to give the crowbar more uses, among those having stuff like lockable doors and cars, with crowbars being one way to open them.

Yes, the crowbar is an excellent pry tool with lots of leverage. Perfect thing for forcing open a locked door.

Opening a crate with a hatchet should be possible, but would require multiple strikes and maybe a risk of destroying the item inside. This would make the crowbar preferable (right tool for the job).

i still would like to see the crate.i believe the crate you are talking about requires a lever to lift the cover and crowbar is the only thing that suits this role, but who the fuck make such crates and what can be stored into it? if crate is made of wooden planks it can be easily hacked with hatchet without damaging the goods(force control and no magic). if it has lock on its possible to smash lock with a hatchet or shoot it with a gun.

Bringing more functionality to the crowbar is a great idea. I could see having chests with a padlock on it. If you have a crowbar, you can open it relatively quietly. If no crowbar, you have to shoot the padlock with a gun, maybe two or three times to open the padlock. This presents the chance of calling zombies to your location if you want to loot the chest. Similar to looting the hospital and having to break the glass.

In DayZ standalone, I'd like to see locked doors. If you had a crowbar, you could open up locked doors that weren't too hard to break into (wood doors with twist lock). You'd need battering rams or jury rigged explosives to get into heavier doors.

When it comes to melee I know the hatchet is highly preferred over the crowbar. Not only it is a good melee but not to mention u can gather firewood with it, but what of the crowbar? Compared to the hatchet it is rather weaker, takes more hits to kill a zombie. What if there was a way that something like crates were randomly spawned on the map, only way to open them is by crowbar. One crate type can have somthing like food and drinks, also have a rarer military crate that contains a weapon or two with ammo for it. It seems like a tall order but it was just an idea I had. :|

Yes yes Y.E.S

Crates would be cool or even buildings with door ways you need a crowbar to open.

Could use a crowbar to break a car if you wanted a fast way of doing it.

breaking the eng 1 or 2 wheels and the hull but uses up the crowbar.