ghostshell

I found this on a dead player help if I need to drop

Can a dev let me know. this is what I found and its a lil scary also was nvgs on him and there was other body's around him I didn't get a pic of the body's cause are server got restarted before I thought about taking a SS cause I was so fucking excited I killed someone and got some epic shit

http://steamcommunity.com/id/4874568/screenshot/560944004551402117

That's the m24 sniper rifle, its a military grade rifle that takes ammo thats not easy to come by. Try not to lose it and use your ammo wisely because you got lucky finding it.

That is not the m24 that is in the game. The

M24 that is in Dayz does not have camouflage netting, so that is not a legal gun. The only weapon in the game with ghilli camo is the SVD. Therefore, that is not a legal weapon.

If you look at the weapon name up the top, you can clearly see it's the M40, which is not a registered weapon in DayZ.

Therefore, you should get rid of it and let a mod know what happened so you don't end up with a database level ban.

I am not sure if it's legit or not, but I do know I've never even seen ammo for it. Unless it takes DMR, M24, or some other standard spawning ammo.

Didn't a dev post if the gun has a picture/listing in GUI it's fine? It's stuff that leaves blank spaces that is hacked in?

If you look at the weapon name up the top' date=' you can clearly see it's the M40, which is [i']not a registered weapon in DayZ.

Therefore, you should get rid of it and let a mod know what happened so you don't end up with a database level ban.

Read this person's post.

Didn't a dev post if the gun has a picture/listing in GUI it's fine? It's stuff that leaves blank spaces that is hacked in?

That's a load of crap' date=' since pretty much every infantry weapon in ARMA II has an icon for it; this rule only applies to people who are carrying weapons that are normally mounted or immobile, such as a GAU-8.

Also, since people don't seem to be able to see it, OP's picture [b']clearly shows what kind of weapon it is.

33930_screenshots_2012-06-10_00004.jpg

The M40A3 is not a part of the DayZ loot tables, so it is definitely a hacked weapon.

Ask a mod or dev before deciding to drop it. I too heard from a mod that if it has an Icon its legal. The vintorez for example that I had found a long time ago didn't have an icon for it not could I found ammo, so out the window it went.

And I'm pretty certain those loot tables we have all seen aren't even the official ones.

one should ask themselves about...

1) the location hes standing at right now

2) did he kill someone on the beach that had spawned already with that weapon ..

on a different note, whats that pack hes got on? it looks like the half length opfor backpack you can get which I did not think was available in dayz..

I will dare the statement that: "If the gun you want to check doesn't show up (autocomplete) when you have typed the first letters in the searchbox on the wiki. Then the gun is not a part of the game".

/sEi

That's a load of crap' date=' since pretty much every infantry weapon in ARMA II has an icon for it; this rule only applies to people who are carrying weapons that are normally mounted or immobile, such as a GAU-8.

Also, since people don't seem to be able to see it, OP's picture [b']clearly shows what kind of weapon it is.

33930_screenshots_2012-06-10_00004.jpg

The M40A3 is not a part of the DayZ loot tables, so it is definitely a hacked weapon.

Rocket already said all of the items/weapons are not in the Loot Table.

Anything found that isn't in there is not DEFINITELY hacked.

So, not listed but legal?

What are the last officiel words?

Damn, it's so difficult typing the name of a weapon into DayZ wiki and looking it up on the loot table!

Better start a new thread asking for help!!

If you look at the weapon name up the top' date=' you can clearly see it's the M40, which is [i']not a registered weapon in DayZ.

one should ask themselves about...

1) the location hes standing at right now

2) did he kill someone on the beach that had spawned already with that weapon ..

on a different note' date=' whats that pack hes got on? it looks like the half length opfor backpack you can get which I did not think was available in dayz..

[/quote']

Please do not tell people to ask Moderator's, because Moderator's have no influence over the servers and know as much information as the public/forum does.

Is the M24 better than the CZ? I mean that much better that u'd swap knowing one has hardly any ammo for it whilst the other at least has it fairly regularly?

Damn' date=' it's so difficult typing the name of a weapon into DayZ wiki and looking it up on the loot table!

Better start a new thread asking for help!!

[/quote']

The fact that you post after I already posted something that counter-proves your argument is pathetic.

No wait, that isn't pathetic, mocking him for not looking through information when you did the same is pathetic.

You've made your findings official.

Dev's HAVE said that the loot cheat cheet isn't updated.

I see no reason to trash it before you get a official response from the Development team.

Maybe a subforum for these kind of posts would aid the Development teams finding and replying smoothly.

So' date=' not listed but legal?

What are the last officiel words?

[/quote']

Official word is, tent it and PM a purple. If they say it's a bad weapon, forget the tent exists, if they say it's fine you just got a good weapon. If you continue to hold it without asking a Developer you run the risk of a database DayZ ban and those are reversed like...never.