Note: End of page 2 will show that I am now happily running to my doom in DayZ, thanks to all involved!!!

I now give up and revert to the fact that I will NEVER get DayZ to work.

I think I have solved every concievable problem with the use of these forums and my trusted ally google:

Updated arma 2, expansion, lites, Dayz

Used 6 updater and 6 launcher

installed the @hive mod and gotten that running

Fixed the BattlEye version update problem

Reinstalled everything 2 times

etc. etc.

I have spent 2 days trying to get this to work and every time I think I am there I end up getting in game and just realising that I get insta-kicked off each and every server regardless of mods or versions just like before.

I realise DayZ is a free game (mod) but this is possibly my most aggravating gaming experience (or lack of same) ever, not even getting WK40K:CG running on 64 bit windows was this aggravating!!

Edited by Teos

<Moved to troubleshooting>

What is your current issue? There's a lot of people here that will be able to get you up and running.

• Like 1

dont use six launcher.

use Dayz Commander. go to top right tab versions. make sure dayz and arma patch are update to latest versions.

on the left hand side. tick boxes. that hide unplayable and incorrect versions.

select server, get playing..

it really is that easy :)

• Like 1

Hi use Dayz Commander, google it.

Also please elaborate with specific problems, and what games you have, arma 2 free or what ect. It took me 2 months to get the game working, im sure i can help.

Please add me on steam for direct help. AlexUK1290

• Like 1

Thats the crux of the problem, my problem is that I seem to have run out of problems, as far as I can tell everything is now in order but I still get kicked off every server.

The only "problem" I have which does not appear to be a problem is that when I join a server it states other than the MOTD's and the "BattlEye client initialized (V1.169) I get a message saying "Server computed GUID: 130a866ac42a447b39e56a399a5478c5"

I am quite simply at a loss

Will try DayZcommander and report back

Edited by Teos

DayZCommander makes zero difference, the only thing I can see might be wrong is that I get this message just before getting kicked off the server: "Server computed GUID: 130a866ac42a447b39e56a399a5478c5"

It also seems DayZCommander doesnt add @hive to the expansions list ... how to make it? I fixed it, was in settings off course

Also to ask the dumbest question possible which google gives no answer to: Do I need to setup a Dayz account somehow to play Dayz? Answer was no, thanks Gambla

And to answer Alex: I am using download versions of all 4 games (Arma 2 + OA + BAF + PMC) so no steam

Edited by Teos

No, you don't need any account. Update A2 and A2OA, run DayZ Commander to install latest beta and the mod. The message you see is default, i get this too. Choose the server with lowest ping and connect, it can take it's time. What happens exactly when you try to connect ?

• Like 1

No, you don't need any account. Update A2 and A2OA, run DayZ Commander to install latest beta and the mod. The message you see is default, i get this too. Choose the server with lowest ping and connect, it can take it's time. What happens exactly when you try to connect ?

It connects alright, however regardless of me pressing ok to join or not I get kicked from the server.

DayzCommander said both DayZ and Beta was up to date, have updated regardless ..... no change; "You were kicked off the game"

are u using a 56k connection perhaps ? :)

Haha, yes indeed ... tested speed to 14Mbit/1,6Mbit, thats 56k right? :lol:

OK here goes idk if htis will help but Im trying.

First get the games installed.

Install games (ArmA 2 and run it once to have it setup the config files, then AO and again run it once to have it setup the config files)

Next download and install the AO beta (Google search "download Arma 2 OA Beta" you should get a page w just lines that say 5 numbers . rar and the same 5 numbers .log all the way down the screen pick the top one in the green box)

NOW make sure you have gone into your installation folder, not for Arma2 but for Operation Arrowhead. create your own @dayZ folder right there (do not go into expansions etc). Then go inside of it. and create Addons

(If you understand root paths it will be Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead/@DayZ/Addons/)

This is where you put the 1.7.2.5 files. First extract them out of the .rar they come in (one of the reasons people were saying do not use Six Launcher is it was re writing these files back to older versions before leaving you hanging between 2 versions and fucking people over).

If all was done right the game should now function.

Open dayz commander. In the top right there is a "Version" button. Click it and make sure it doesnt try and give you an update (if it did you did somethign wrong. If it does take it.)

Now put on the filters

1. Hide Wrong Arma 2 Version

2. Hide Wrong Day Z Version

(All games will now dissapear that have the versions in black numbers and you should be left with just white versions and betas)

Now select a game and attempt to join.

To answer your question. No you do not have to create any sort of account to play this.

IMPORTANT

there are many error messages that dont mean anything at all. like

"could not find config weapon.bin" or something like that

and the GUID thing is your CD key basically its how they know who you are and what character you are this is why you dont have to create an account because once you access this mods servers your character is stored on thier server under your GUID and persists over to other servers.

Haha, yes indeed ... tested speed to 14Mbit/1,6Mbit, thats 56k right? :lol:

lolz, more 24k GOLD from what i have here in tha friggin woods :D

OK here goes idk if htis will help but Im trying.

First get the games installed.

Install games (ArmA 2 and run it once to have it setup the config files, then AO and again run it once to have it setup the config files)

Next download and install the AO beta (Google search "download Arma 2 OA Beta" you should get a page w just lines that say 5 numbers . rar and the same 5 numbers .log all the way down the screen pick the top one in the green box)

Just to be sure before uninstalling everything again ... Should I install all the updates before the beta? ... (Clean install of Arma 2 and the OA gives me version 1.07)

And what of BAF and PMC ... when do I install/update those?

What of "@hive" every server seems to run that?

It connects alright, however regardless of me pressing ok to join or not I get kicked from the server.

DayzCommander said both DayZ and Beta was up to date, have updated regardless ..... no change; "You were kicked off the game"

But what message comes with the kicking ? That's the key. If you can start it with DayZCommander, you see the intro-screen, then the server lobby, then it all looks ok so far. So what's the reason for that kicking ?

But what message comes with the kicking ? That's the key. If you can start it with DayZCommander, you see the intro-screen, then the server lobby, then it all looks ok so far. So what's the reason for that kicking ?

See thats the problem, there is no message other than the "You were kicked off the game" prompt box .. to which I can press ok and it then returns me to the main menu.

Ok, that's bad. No error message is the worst case. But until we know anything about the kicking, it doesn't make sense to reinstall everything. Please test different low pop servers in different countries as long as the ping is something below 50. Are you running any 3rd party security tools like Firewalls, HIPS etc. ?

I use Microsoft security essentials and run AMBX (Speaker system) ... turning these off have no effect.

Have tested with SE, DE, FR, RU, NO, UK and US servers, no difference.

Dont have firewalls, and the only "HIPS" I know about are attached to my overweight body ;)

Edited by Teos

I'm having this exact same problem for the last few days, I can't play the game at all. There's no reason in the kick message, just "you were kicked off the game". I've re-installed completely, BE is up to date, nothing seems to work.

One server admin was nice enough to look through his log files for my kick reason, it was "Player Madzor: Wrong signature for file c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\addons\rocks2.pbo". I re-validated my game cache / re-installed both games to no avail. I'm at a loss at what to do now :(

I've totally uninstalled both ArmA2 and OA, gone and deleted any stray registry entries and then totally removed all leftover files from both thier directories. I'm now totally re-downloading ArmA2 and OA, will install and follow the guide you linked. I'll reply back with results.

Thanks

No luck. I've tried a couple different servers and the vast majority kick me with the same no-reason kick message either on join or after a few minutes of play. I guess at this point I need to contact BE support and hope for the best...

If it's a kick from Battleye then I guess so... I'll try and find another solution while your doing that.

madzor ... teos ?

edit:

im blind :P

edit 2:

this has nothing to do with the lack of CD key issues i read about somewhere?

Edited by M4L